custom objects limits to keep in mind?

to keep the objects in gtasa bounds...

max amount of polys? max resolution and size of textures applied? any other tips?

The same as with any other GTA SA mod. Go over the top with your poly count and you'll crash your game. Use retarded resolutions such as 1024x1024 or even 512x512 and you'll crash your game.

The only tip I have is to learn how to mod. Start with skins, then move to cars, and by the time you're a bit witty about both those things you'll know what is too much and what isn't.

If you use more than 250 polygons on your skin or object, you're gonna experience issues.

It's probably best not to go overboard with the textures, high resolution textures look really out of place in this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
View Post
Go over the top with your poly count and you'll crash your game. Use retarded resolutions such as 1024x1024 or even 512x512 and you'll crash your game.

If you use more than 250 polygons on your skin or object, you're gonna experience issues.
Do you have any evidence for this? There's plenty of objects that exceed 1000 polys in the game also there's a few like that in SAMP.img, the game is handling them without any issues.

Additionally there's some objects using 512x512 textures in SAMP.img that can be used without causing any crashes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugi
View Post
It's probably best not to go overboard with the textures, high resolution textures look really out of place in this game.

Do you have any evidence for this? There's plenty of objects that exceed 1000 polys in the game also there's a few like that in SAMP.img, the game is handling them without any issues.

Additionally there's some objects using 512x512 textures in SAMP.img that can be used without causing any crashes.
I've had a 700k poly vehicle in San Andreas on a low end laptop with no problems at all, spawned 4-5 of them and got slight lag due to it being an old laptop. There's no poly limit at all that causes your game to crash, stop providing false information Dignity.

You won't experience any issues if you go over 250 polys on a skin, that's just crazy to say that. There's also mesh editing tools to drop the poly count but dependinding on how much you do it the model can deform in shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
View Post
The same as with any other GTA SA mod. Go over the top with your poly count and you'll crash your game. Use retarded resolutions such as 1024x1024 or even 512x512 and you'll crash your game.

The only tip I have is to learn how to mod. Start with skins, then move to cars, and by the time you're a bit witty about both those things you'll know what is too much and what isn't.

you don't have a clue what you're talking about brother

Default SA vehicles typically range from 3000-5000 polys, my mods have hit 250k+ (Grimm's 2012 Charger and a LOT of emergency lighting). I have a 2011 Honda CR-V with over 300k polies somewhere too.

Most skins I make now are 4096x4096, I tried 8192x8192 but TXD Workshop crashed.

For the sake of other players, try to keep most models under 10k polys for those who play off of their toaster oven. Texture resolution would suggest 512x512 or 1024x1024, higher is okay but again older machines wouldn't handle it as well

Edit: personal preferences may decide whether someone LIKES low poly mods (a lot of people do to stick with the lore but that doesn't explain why they got Ford and Chevy logos) but SA is not NFS High Stakes, several hundred thousand poly mods aren't unheard of

I would say low poly is way to go. I been on potato laptop since i found samp and i always played orginal game no mods. On almost any mod i could feel slow down.