BUG: Download not starting

If the server is still loading (processing some data like mysql stuff) and you connect and spawn while that is happening it sticks at Updating Models... while the server continues to run fine.

Obv I got nothing to support this.

Consider moving OnPlayerConnect code under the new callback that is called after downloading.

Lock server until fully load mysql and colandreas?

I'm just reporting an issue, I don't need a solution. Thx guys.

You can easily prevent spawning until the downloading callback is called, what's the problem with this? Player cannot spawn without spawninfo, so don't provide it until it's time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JernejL
View Post
You can easily prevent spawning until the downloading callback is called, what's the problem with this? Player cannot spawn without spawninfo, so don't provide it until it's time.
I don't think the issue was with the client, I think it was also the server. I'll try to investigate it some more.

As far as my testing went, downloading happens at anytime, even when spawned.. usually it takes so long to start that it starts after I've spawned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
View Post
I don't think the issue was with the client, I think it was also the server. I'll try to investigate it some more.

As far as my testing went, downloading happens at anytime, even when spawned.. usually it takes so long to start that it starts after I've spawned.
you got a slow internet. for me the download start before even the half on OnPlayerConnect gets called.