Possibility of an entirely unique map?

With the release of custom models, does this allow for the possibility of deleting the original GTA-San Andreas map and making an entirely new map to play on with custom models??

You can delete all the San Andreas objects areas by using RemoveBuildingForPlayer with first param -1 as objectID and with big range in last parameter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluur
View Post
You can delete all the San Andreas objects areas by using RemoveBuildingForPlayer with first param -1 as objectID and with big range in last parameter.
So, basically this could allow for the idea of creating an entire map into one object or a few objects and allowing for a brand new map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki
There appears to be a limit of around 1000 lines/objects. There is no workaround.
4char

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
View Post
4char
there doesn't seem to be a limit when -1 is used?

but there are cull zone leftovers and water which you can't delete and can't recreate so waterless maps

It's not possible yet. While the update runs somewhat smoothly, the client simply can't handle it.

Perhaps (and hopefully) when it's out of RC it becomes an actual possibility but as of right now it's a no no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
View Post
It's not possible yet. While the update runs somewhat smoothly, the client simply can't handle it.

Perhaps (and hopefully) when it's out of RC it becomes an actual possibility but as of right now it's a no no.
streamer optimized by using objects size in consideration + using custom objects to merge several objects into one ... why wouldn't the client be able to handle it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallee
View Post
streamer optimized by using objects size in consideration + using custom objects to merge several objects into one ... why wouldn't the client be able to handle it?
You tell me. Even without custom mods and the streamer, put about 5k objects in close quantity near each other and use Southclaw's fly script and fly around the area, you'll see the fps drops and crashes happening pretty quickly.

Using custom "merged" objects (that are probably big in size) will have fucked up cols and will be flashing because of the streamer's inability to handle large objects.

Quote:
View Post
You tell me. Even without custom mods and the streamer, put about 5k objects in close quantity near each other and use Southclaw's fly script and fly around the area, you'll see the fps drops and crashes happening pretty quickly.

Using custom "merged" objects (that are probably big in size) will have fucked up cols and will be flashing because of the streamer's inability to handle large objects.
why would anyone put 5k objects in close proximity? there are some decent, huge maps that stream fine with <300 objects (on screen at once)

and when i say merged objects i think about trees / grass and similar fluff that takes a toll on the streamer due to their small size and quantity, this way they would be treated as one object

here's an example: http://dev.prineside.com/en/gtasa_sa...-cw2_mntfir13/

Ever heard of a foilage script? Most people don't go overkill with them, but they usually result in a lot of objects near each other. Also, I'd be genuinely surprised to see a "huge" map with attention to detail and less than 300 objects. Every interior I map has more than that anyhow.

I was originally going to merge objects but it doesn't work like that. Have you even tried the new features yet?

The cols are fucked up if you merge them and it's impossible to get right unless you put invisible objects in place which really just enforces the argument I provided that a lot of objects in close quantity put stress on the client.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Ever heard of a foilage script? Most people don't go overkill with them, but they usually result in a lot of objects near each other. Also, I'd be genuinely surprised to see a "huge" map with attention to detail and less than 300 objects. Every interior I map has more than that anyhow.

I was originally going to merge objects but it doesn't work like that. Have you even tried the new features yet?

The cols are fucked up if you merge them and it's impossible to get right unless you put invisible objects in place which really just enforces the argument I provided that a lot of objects in close quantity put stress on the client.
didn't try merging them yet, it really sucks if it can't be done

in that case i agree that huge unique maps are out of the question for now

Instead of adding thousands of objects can't you just make mass land objects in a modelling program like core SA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSAINTo
Посмотреть сообщение
So, basically this could allow for the idea of creating an entire map into one object or a few objects and allowing for a brand new map.
https://www.gtamodding.com/wiki/Coll...ion_and_Limits

"Meshes are limited to dimensions of +/- 255.99 units on each axis. But this should be no problem, since objects bigger than that would defy the whole purpose of the streaming engine, and should never be used.

Limits
Number of vertices - 32767
Number of faces - 32767
Vertex position - (-256.0; 256.0) on each axis
The game may also crash if there's too many face groups (more than 1k)"

It's not possible, and it's dumb. There's bunch of reasons why you should not go in that way, beside it's impossible.
Optimization - Big objects (high poly) require huge processing/rendering power.
Usability - Big, merged object probably can be used only once, and if you split them into smaller objects you can reuse them and load them dynamically so you can achieve usability and optimization (roads, signs, poles, trees etc.).

Making a completely new map is 100% percent possible in SA-MP, from what I've experienced, what makes the client crash is actually the video memory limit of the game. Adding too many big objects (even if you have less than 1000 objects) will use more video memory than the game allows and therefore will make the game crash. GTA SA map by default loads some low quality objects from far away and uses high quality ones when the player goes close to the object. If you wanna make a completely new map which looks exactly as good as the original one you'll have to make 2 objects for 1; one low quality for high draw distance and one for high quality for low draw distance. You'll have to save as much video memory as you can.

I already mapped a large custom city map in SA-MP 0.3.7 check out this thread:
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=644493

The map however has a lot of flaws, all the area under buildings and roads is loaded into the player's memory which just wastes a lot of it. If I could remake the whole map I could probably improve the draw distance a lot.

I was saying, there's no need for actual mapping anymore, it can simply be done through new custom objects, which looks like a big plus to me. A new map is possible but it's incredibly unpractical to have one single object for an entire new map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehasher
Посмотреть сообщение
Instead of adding thousands of objects can't you just make mass land objects in a modelling program like core SA?
You go ahead do that and come back tell us how it went.

You can not delete the GTA SA map.
I once tried to eliminate dillimore, and I generate error when using the RC7 client, the only thing you can do is add a new map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRegozziofItaly2
Посмотреть сообщение
I was saying, there's no need for actual mapping anymore, it can simply be done through new custom objects, which looks like a big plus to me. A new map is possible but it's incredibly unpractical to have one single object for an entire new map.
Yes there is a need for mapping, you can't compare new objects with mappings. That's two different things. Imagine, I put a TV in to my server as an object, what should I do with it? I'm gonna map with it. Imagine I want to replace one building with another building already in the game, what am I gonna do? Map it.

You tell me now why we should compare 3D modelling with positioning those 3D models?

Bare in mind a new map doesn't need to be made entirely out of custom objects... the only things you need to create are roads and land masses as they can be decorated with preexisting models. Don't get me wrong, there will be an off chance where you need to edit buildings etc but pretty much every prop in GTA SA can be recycled. LODs, draw distance and mesh optimisation partnered with a modular modelling approach makes large scale projects possible.