Got a question involving custom models

Alright, so. A buddy and myself have been testing the 0.3.8 update. We're in love. Yet, we've come across something while attempting to add custom models.

On the LS-RP forums, there are such things called Environment Mods and such. We went to add one to test it out and we realized that most of the mods came with a DFF file but no TXD. The reason being, the textures used are in the default GTA. Is there a way we can add a .dff file without a .txd file?

Example:
https://forum.ls-rp.com/viewtopic.php?f=222&t=601446
^ That comes with multiple DFFs and TXDs, but I'm unsure which goes to which. Is it possible to upload them all but allow them call for the correct TXD file & DFF file on their own?

If I were to use modloader, these would load into the game properly without me having to assign them. Is there anyway I can do the same thing for the server?

this would be cool in order to save some bandwidth

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSAINTo
View Post
Alright, so. A buddy and myself have been testing the 0.3.8 update. We're in love.
Your buddy and yourself are in love ? That's pretty gay. Why you shared that with us ?

---------

Anyway, that link can't be accessed without an account on that forum. You should provide some picture instead. Also, you shouldn't add titles like that in your topics (I guess you are actually increasing your chance to get no response from any SA-MP team member).

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=644075

Quote:
Originally Posted by IstuntmanI
View Post
Your buddy and yourself are in love ? That's pretty gay. Why you shared that with us ?
https://*********/e3h6es6zh1c?t=168

The best thing to do would be to find the .txd file the model uses from the base game, extract the correct texture from the file and then build your own .txd with just that file. Always try to keep your model/texture sizes small so players spend as little amount of time as possible on the download menu.

I'm not the most experienced when it comes handling this game's models beyond simply modding my game, but you'd probably do well searching through the game's .ide files to find the corresponding .txd. There's probably a better way, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB
View Post
The best thing to do would be to find the .txd file the model uses from the base game, extract the correct texture from the file and then build your own .txd with just that file. Always try to keep your model/texture sizes small so players spend as little amount of time as possible on the download menu.

I'm not the most experienced when it comes handling this game's models beyond simply modding my game, but you'd probably do well searching through the game's .ide files to find the corresponding .txd. There's probably a better way, though.
In all honesty, I thought about doing that, but I truly wasn't trying to put that much effort into it atm. xD I have work tomorrow, and I just wanted something quick. Oh well, thanks anyways.

The person who created the model would know. And you'd probably need their permission to distribute the files anyway. The way the original game streams txds is a lot different to how I think it's going to work in SA-MP. I'm in no rush to add support for using the game's txds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
The person who created the model would know. And you'd probably need their permission to distribute the files anyway. The way the original game streams txds is a lot different to how I think it's going to work in SA-MP. I'm in no rush to add support for using the game's txds.
So, does that mean if I get the name of the TXD used, I can go into the game's original files and place the correct TXD into the models folder than allow them to coincide?

I'd extract the textures it needs, create a new txd and then place just those textures (with the same material names) in the new txd.