2 quick questions

Hey guys, i got 2 very simple questions regarding new update...

1: So, it occurs to me that if you download for example custom skins or models from other server, u can basically use that files on your own server? Basically steal it or i'm just bad informed?

2: I'm using round robin DNS method for DDoS protection, since im target with very high number of ddos attacks, and my players has ip via DNS-> my.server.org, and that DNS has a ~16 IP addresses assigned each minute with rotation. Sooo... if a folder cache has "IP address folder" "models", my people would need to download AGAIN and AGAIN files if he catches another IP address?

Thanks for taking your time

1: You can, the .dff and .txd files are in cache and you can just open them up normally, though there'll be no files associated just a CRC hash.

So i finnaly know what DDoS security SA uses xD

1) Correct. The files aren't protected or encrypted currently.

2) The file data is downloaded over the server's normal port, as with any other data the server normally sends. There may be a HTTP download vector if there's need/demand for it. I have no reason to assume, at this stage, that there would be any problems downloading over the server's normal port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
1) Correct. The files aren't protected or encrypted currently.

2) The file data is downloaded over the server's normal port, as with any other data the server normally sends. There may be a HTTP download vector if there's need/demand for it. I have no reason to assume, at this stage, that there would be any problems downloading over the server's normal port.
I assume public SAMP hosts would need a HTTP download vector as this may cause a lot of stress or bandwidth usage on their servers, would be a good feature non the less.

I don't get why everyone thinks downloading files is a heavy task. Players only need to download the models once.

Thank you for your support.