Suggestions for 0.3.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaperstone
Посмотреть сообщение
Sounds like something achievable with textdraws. (except the "move dialog" part)
Unfortunately textdraws are ugly and do not support resolutions quite well. Plus not to mention how much effort one has to make to achieve something like this with textdraws. Unlike dialogs which are font and resolution friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehasher
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm gonna go ahead and create this to keep the section clean to be honest.

My suggestion is the ability to add server-side sounds that can be pre-loaded in the server, useful for fast sounds instead of playing them from a remote url
Код:
AddSound(filename.wav)
More suggestions:
- Ability to retry server password in-game, annoying when you type the wrong server password and you have to relaunch the game to go back.

- Ability to store the models on a remote server, so there's less stress on your server for downloading the files.

- Client to show the size of the servers custom models here (useful to know how much you're going to download before playing the server):

- Cache files to be stored differently rather than the plain DFF, people plan on making exclusive mods for their server and it's simple to steal.

- Not sure how possible it would be, but update mods live in the server instead of hard restart.

- Allow or fix pickups for custom objects
Definitely!! This way I can remove Audio Plugin from my TLoU (SA-MP) gamemode! server-side sounds would be great (not just STREAMING). Very good suggestion!

An in-game server browser. :/

This is really starting to look like the best update after a couple of years, but here are some suggestions of mine to make it better:

1) Pawn functions

The current system works well for static maps (DMs, races, RP etc.) but lacks certain dynamicity for sandbox-like servers. At the moment, the downloading is governed totally by the server, using static data (artconfig.txt), and the only Pawn interaction is the callback OnPlayerFinishedDownloading(playerid, virtualworld), which is neat but not enough.

I propose porting all artconfig.txt "functions" to Pawn, with the worldid parameter removed and playerid added, as well as OnPlayerFinishedDownloading with the argument of the actual model having been downloaded.

I suppose the text file is just an intermediate testing step, and hope the Pawn functions will be introduced in the future, but if not:

2) Better rules for model downloading

Now only the worldid of the player is enough to determine if a specific model is to be downloaded, but I will need a way to allow a certain model for all worlds and then disallow it for some (non-positive, to be precise). Also at the moment, there seems to be no way to allow models for world "-1" (it is interpreted as "all worlds").

3) Per-world objects

Since the model downloading is already determined by the virtual world, it makes no sense for there not being a way to create per-world objects, since almost all other entities already support this. Streamers are nice, but native support is very much needed. Provided this would be added, increasing the object limit should follow.

4) More object types and options

I hear that custom vehicles or weapons are probably planned, so I am looking forward to it. However, at the moment, only "static" objects can be created with the new functions, because the dff and txd files are not enough to determine the object's behaviour. There are various dynamic objects in the game, objects with gravity, destructable objects etc. which are defined in a special game file. Also, the skins have options like voices which aren't able to be set precisely at the moment. I propose adding parameters like mass, destruction and lighting flags etc. to AddSimpleModel and parameters like walking style, voice type etc. to AddCharModel.

5) More object customisation

Seeing there are already people that won't like playing on "modded" servers, I think there should be a way for more simple object customisation options without the need to download custom models. I propose natives like ToggleObjectCollision and SetObjectScale (self-explanatory) because the game already supports these functions quite well, and will be useful for mappers not wanting to rely on custom models.

Thumbs up for this update, Kalcor, and I hope new awesome features will follow!

Follow-up post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blokkmonsta
Посмотреть сообщение
- Fix Night Visions & Infrared goggles (When someome uses it all streamed in players see the night vision / infrared vision effect)
This was fixed in 0.2.5, however 0.2.5 didn't happen in the end because of the source being leaked (IIRC) . Then for some reason the fix was removed; but yeah I'd love to see these fixed in 0.3.8.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
- When having hydraulics and pressing horn key to jump up, others hear your car horn, but you don't.
I reported this years ago and it was never fixed. I even made a video of the bug IG - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVk0Mm4Bcr4 - I hope to see it fixed!

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
- Full satchel charges sync (Currently they are only synced for streamed in players)
These was also synced in 0.2.5, and like goggles the fix was removed it would be great to see them synced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
Посмотреть сообщение
- CULLZONE manipulation.
- Per Player Pickups.
This would be extremely welcomed (by most server owners, not just me & you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JizzyCZ
Посмотреть сообщение
SetWaterlevel
Ability the train to derail like in singleplayer
Yes! This would be awesome. Also for trains to be able to use both tracks; although I know Kalcor tried this before and it didn't work. Also, when players exit a train (not carriage) they are teleported out, even though if they were to be removed normally it would work. I know when players exit a carriage they need to be teleported out to avoid a crash, but they should exit the actual train model itself normally. - Basically exiting the actual train (not carriage) acts like you're exiting the carriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVektor
Посмотреть сообщение
An in-game server browser. :/
Yeah how about no.
Useless suggestion

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=637041

Useless thread. Put your suggestions in seperate threads so dicussion can be done. This creates one big mess tbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochemd
Посмотреть сообщение
Useless thread.
Am I not allowed to make my own suggestions?

It would be cool if you add Chromium Embedded Framework that would revolutionize And if you can create animate custom (I want to make my unique scenes on the server)

1) Sampgui.png server-side, it would be very cool
2) Custom vehicles and custom speed for them (More than Ex. 220 infernus)
3) Maybe? or Maybe not: Cleo mod server-sided

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksicnm
Посмотреть сообщение
1) Sampgui.png server-side, it would be very cool
I agree with this suggestion.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Useless thread. Put your suggestions in separate threads so the discussion can be done. This creates one big mess tbh
People are just going to point you back here.

Might try this though

My suggestion is to be able to start a samp server with parameters.

For example, using:

"samp.exe NickName 127.0.0.1 7777 PasswordServer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by henriquepawno
Посмотреть сообщение
My suggestion is to be able to start a samp server with parameters.

For example, using:

"samp.exe NickName 127.0.0.1 7777 PasswordServer"
Already has that, although I don't think there is embedded support for nickname. You can do:
  • .bat (or other) script to change nickname in registry
  • run "samp.exe 127.0.0.1 7777 password"

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Useless thread. Put your suggestions in seperate threads so dicussion can be done. This creates one big mess tbh
Maybe it's okay. I have not seen anything created by users.

Fix the lag when player transform his vehicle on racecheckpoint (for racing servers).
or createvehicle with disabled collision parameter

If we can have custom objects in preview model textdraws, that's some what custom textdraws, like make an object as text and then port it as a preview model, you have your custom text!

But we all know preview models are laggy AF, so yea not saying we don't need more/custom fonts in textdraws!

Hi guys. I propose to add new dialog type that can allow players to select and copy text.
For example:
PHP код:
ShowPlayerDialog(playerid1DIALOG_STYLE_PASTE"Select Text And Press CTRL + C""You can copy this text""Close, ""); 
So client have got a dialog (It may be seem like DIALOG_STYLE_INPUT(text field), but working like DIALOG_STYLE_MSGBOX (no inputtext detecting) .
In some cases it can be pretty and pretty useful.

P.S. Yeah. I know that I sucks in English.

Ability to disable HUD.
If possible, no more lagpit?