SA-MP 0.3.8 RC (cancelled -> 0.3.DL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBN
Посмотреть сообщение
Well only persons who didn't think this through are going to say something like "Worst update because of lag etc.", "Why did you allowed custom now server owners are going to abuse this and there is going to be low fps, lag etc." and bla bla

First of all congratulations on amazing start, we server owners expect more from this. We want Anti Cheat server side that checks files, and custom car (to be able to change car model(look of the car)). Because to samp is only that what is truly miss! Number of cheaters is so big...

Second to answer to this recklessly users that!

With custom objects you as server owner get possibility to lower down number of object to amazingly low number of it and lag is nearly gone only by that. And only fools have lag on 100 players. I personally have 200-500 players and on 450 I see some lag issues but my gamemode is Non-optimized and we are working on optimization. With this we are going to have amazing help. And to be honest we will have something to work with because we almost exhausted all possibilitis on SA:MP finally something new for people to see.

Other number of skins was little max for 300 players because we have organizations like Illegal an Legal and that is about 30 on mine server. And some skins are overlapping.

And finally about abusing ( putting lot of skins, object etc...) if we don't do that on right way there is going to be lag tru but do you see yourself playing on server that has lag issues and does nothing about fixing it? Of course no. And server owner aren't mad to have server with 0 players and have lag. Get 2+2 and see results. This answer is with arguments.

My friend yesterday when he saw this update said "Omg finally... God on sky, Kalcor on earth"

Thank you Kalcor once again!
The skins doesnt lag the game at all especially if you're runnning a high-ended personal computer. About the objects we all know that some objects are not compability due to different colls and i never faced any lag while testing 4 - 5 objects which are HD quality in same place.

Whell I didn't sad that is going to lag I said opposite. That this is good thing And I'm very happy about this! I just answered on some hateing posts.

I am so happy about this, it makes me return to samp

Uhm wouldnt it be better if server gets to force player to download models? Like upon joining player gets a dialog “This server uses custom models you must download before playing” Yes>Downloads them No>Kicks player

Will it be possible to still allow the client to replace those new skin ids clientside if he doesn't like them?
Maybe by adding files with the same name to the custom.img

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallize
Посмотреть сообщение
Uhm wouldnt it be better if server gets to force player to download models? Like upon joining player gets a dialog “This server uses custom models you must download before playing” Yes>Downloads them No>Kicks player
As I understud If you wan't to play on server u will have to have them, If u download them ( on entering on server ) u don't need to have that question because u clicked connect if u don't wont to play u will /q. And for every server u will have different packs of models. So u won't have problem.

Wow this is tough as, cheers dude!!

Low key suggestions (I'm by no means telling you do to one or all of them):

1. Sync heatseeker missiles

Lot of call of duty / shooting servers would appreciate a system of blowing up aerial vehicles.

2. OnPlayerFireHydraMissile( playerid, attackingid );

There is no way to detect whether a missile has hit a vehicle at the moment.

3. Image as textdraws

After all you added a system to cache so I think you could slide server image files in

4. Add reminder to user to upgrade to the latest samp version

OTHER THAN THAT

FUCK YEAH! WE HAVE ZOMBIES! Haha

Linux?

Hi, @Kalcor!

The other day you added the load of your txd models. I suggest you to add functionality. As everyone knows, the GUI SA-MP is pretty old. So, for txd models, add the functionality of the GUI layout via HTML / CSS. I think that this is a very good idea. I hope that you will respond.

And I apologize for my bad English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennydalglish
Посмотреть сообщение
Hi, @Kalcor!

The other day you added the load of your txd models. I suggest you to add functionality. As everyone knows, the GUI SA-MP is pretty old. So, for txd models, add the functionality of the GUI layout via HTML / CSS. I think that this is a very good idea. I hope that you will respond.

And I apologize for my bad English.
Read one of kalcor’s post recently about this.Its not going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBN
Посмотреть сообщение
Well only persons who didn't think this through are going to say something like "Worst update because of lag etc.", "Why did you allowed custom now server owners are going to abuse this and there is going to be low fps, lag etc." and bla bla

First of all congratulations on amazing start, we server owners expect more from this. We want Anti Cheat server side that checks files, and custom car (to be able to change car model(look of the car)). Because to samp is only that what is truly miss! Number of cheaters is so big...

Second to answer to this recklessly users that!

With custom objects you as server owner get possibility to lower down number of object to amazingly low number of it and lag is nearly gone only by that. And only fools have lag on 100 players. I personally have 200-500 players and on 450 I see some lag issues but my gamemode is Non-optimized and we are working on optimization. With this we are going to have amazing help. And to be honest we will have something to work with because we almost exhausted all possibilitis on SA:MP finally something new for people to see.

Other number of skins was little max for 300 players because we have organizations like Illegal an Legal and that is about 30 on mine server. And some skins are overlapping.

And finally about abusing ( putting lot of skins, object etc...) if we don't do that on right way there is going to be lag tru but do you see yourself playing on server that has lag issues and does nothing about fixing it? Of course no. And server owner aren't mad to have server with 0 players and have lag. Get 2+2 and see results. This answer is with arguments.

My friend yesterday when he saw this update said "Omg finally... God on sky, Kalcor on earth"

Thank you Kalcor once again!
About anti-cheat I totally agree. Number of cheaters are rising...

Kyeman stepped up. He was also not expected to download models, but he added it. Why not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallize
Посмотреть сообщение
Read one of kalcor’s post recently about this.Its not going to happen.

This is an amazing update, thanks a lot for the effort on it so far!
However, as stated above, this is not really what is needed.
The number of cheaters is drastically increasing day by day and ban evasion is a whole different issue. Along with incorrect sync of some things in the game (fire, heat-seaking-missiles).
Maybe the custom models are a nice headline for the update, but we really need other things than just this 10/10 amazing custom model thing.

Please do not get me wrong, but this is not what I was hoping for in an update...
But again, this is amazing to have, yet not what we actually need.

Modded objects works fine in textdraw previews?

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn0wk
Посмотреть сообщение
Modded objects works fine in textdraw previews?
Do you mean something like this?

https://imgur.com/a/pfLKb

Or something like this?

https://imgur.com/a/iwWaN

do you know how to get the 0.3.8 RC server version for linux? I made my gm already with the new skins but we cant play on it... Or do you know when the linux version will come out ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirlam515
Посмотреть сообщение
do you know how to get the 0.3.8 RC server version for linux? I made my gm already with the new skins but we cant play on it... Or do you know when the linux version will come out ?
Just have patience.

Great release mate , btw on my birthday Xd

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirlam515
Посмотреть сообщение
as Abagail said, just be patient
the linux build will be released once it's not RC anymore, i think.