kdff gui (v0.2.5b) Feb 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
Посмотреть сообщение
kdff gui can display both day and night vertex colours. Why don't you show screenshots from there? It's very difficult to tell anything from your in game screenshots.
Because you cannot notice it with kdff, but whenever I grab the PC I'll take some.

EDIT: alright, here you have.

Object exported directly from Blender (without color vertices)
DayNight
After the "Import NV" option (copied from the original model to the model exported with Blender)
DayNight
In my opinion it's hard to notice the difference there. That's why I took in-game screenshots. As you can see in the screenshots from my previous post: using the converted model without any color vertex hasn't any effect, the object is brighter than the original one, that's normal.

On the other hand, after copying the color vertex from the original model it behaves good during dayttime but it stays like that while nighttime also! kdff should get both color vertices from the original object I guess.

Probably this isn't a bug or anything similar but a kdff's weak point when copying color vertices, it copies just one.

Thank you for the support, best regards.

Will a server load any items without putting them through KDFF? The textures I have aren't the same name as the .dff files. Am I required to do this manually? There are of course many .DFF files that use the same .TXD files so how do I go around doing this?

What do you mean? The dff and txd file names don't have to match.

I mean, when doing a batch conversion of files, it will look for a file of the same name?

Still not sure what you mean. You're talking now about the cli of kdff, right? You want to know if the kdff cli tool would search for the txd file with the same name as the dff ones?

Original GTA SA object called "int_rest_main.dff" is not letting generate the collision at all. It is also crashing 3ds max, (other .dff's are imported good, crashing fault lies in the above named .dff file), this is the only one which doesn't load up. Any advice?

how to use command line, with space and hyphen( - )?

eg:
space: kdff -a -d dff dff\name.dff -c col\name.col -o output\name.dff
hyphen: kdff -a -d dff\na-me.dff -c col\name.col -o output\name.dff

error:
space: [error] Could not load the dff file: dff
hyphen: [error] Could not load the dff file: dff\na

please help me. this is very important to me.

and sorry for bad english.

@Kalcor would it be possible to release the source code? I'd would be interested in how this works (displaying the model, generate the collisions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
Посмотреть сообщение
What are you using to create the dff? Error 7 is a general error, it can't find anywhere in the dff to attach the col.

SA-MP only supports a dff with a single geometry. There are very few models in the game that have multiple geometries. You either have to join multiple objects in to a single mesh (Ctrl+j in blender), or export each mesh as a seperate object.
So is there any solution for objects that are single mesh, but still gives error? Objects from game.

Edit: Nvm, i was using kdffgui_011e_nov2017. But newest version solved the issues, kdffgui_020b_dec2017.

Any new version...

-p option does not generate and attaches the collision to files in a folder. It seems that it only attaches if it finds the collision file with the same name as the template.

It seems to me then that we have to generate a collision of 1 to 1 and then use -p.

Im trying to add Clymenus Suite interior but i can't attach .col to .dff.

Error:
append col to dff error: 7

DFF is fine, it is working in game ( https://i.imgur.com/c7tNuiD.jpg ).

Any tips?

Edit:

Fixed, solution for this error:

Import to blender, export to 3ds max, export as dff.

kdff v0.2.5a looks pretty neat, a much needed feature. Thanks Kalcor.

Good

Nice update!

The application needs an icon... For example...

who tested 0.2.5? Are there screenshots before / after?

Well, if you looked at the first post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eakwarp
Посмотреть сообщение
who tested 0.2.5? Are there screenshots before / after?
This is one of the game's robbery houses before/after:

A single directional light is better for outdoors, to simulate sunlight. Interiors are better done in blender by placing point lights and using vertex color baking like shown in my tutorial. However, if you want to do something quickly, you could use kdff for interior lighting.

I also had to fix the .col file brightness in Collision File Editor II so the player isn't dark also.

when kdff open source?