kdff gui (v0.2.5b) Feb 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKStyle
Посмотреть сообщение
The application needs an icon... For example...
Looks great.

My version:

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1n1vv
Посмотреть сообщение
My version:

I really like these two versions.

Overall, great additions Kalcor.

Is there going to be Surface Attribute support when making a collision file (Being able to specify if it's Grass, Dirt, Metal, Wood, etc. you're walking/driving on) in any future release of kdff?

It would be more convenient if Surface Attribute support was integrated into kdff; because as far as I know you are only able to do this with Steve-M's Collision File Editor II at the moment.

@Kalcor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaozu
Посмотреть сообщение
Is there going to be Surface Attribute support when making a collision file (Being able to specify if it's Grass, Dirt, Metal, Wood, etc. you're walking/driving on) in any future release of kdff?

It would be more convenient if Surface Attribute support was integrated into kdff; because as far as I know you are only able to do this with Steve-M's Collision File Editor II at the moment.

@Kalcor
Just use ColEditor II. For any object you can walk on, you probably want to change the col brightness anyway.

I'd be willing to develop better tools if there was more interest in modeling for DL, but interest in developing new things for SA-MP has gone down over the past few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
Посмотреть сообщение
Just use ColEditor II. For any object you can walk on, you probably want to change the col brightness anyway.

I'd be willing to develop better tools if there was more interest in modeling for DL, but interest in developing new things for SA-MP has gone down over the past few years.
I would love to see that.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

I don't know where you ass-pull the bullshit that there's not enough interest in the modeling feature when there's currently several big projects using it to create unique servers, despite DL splitting the community and lowering their potential playerbase.

If nobody cared about the downloading feature, you wouldn't have gotten all the backlash for not releasing it.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Sad to hear the motivation dropped. Understandable though. Would love to see the final version to be a merged one where DL and the standard are using the same client though.. I love DL though.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Sorry, but I think you are wrong. Here are some pics of some of the more notorious servers coming up in SA-MP all depending heavily on the 0.3DL model feature. This feature has brought never seen before creativity from all over the community (take Baboon's space server, Dignity's wild west & medieval server, ...) as an example. Yet, because more famous servers like LS-RP don't utilize the features properly you think that there is no interest.

Screenshot Album: https://imgur.com/a/PXA16Gg

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

Fair enough but there are few projects out there, that are currently developing which utilise custom models.

I guess only time will tell for more modellers to crop up.

Hell it would be nice to have some more tools; like maybe an easier of way of incorporating 2dfx effects to models perhaps.

I mean just on the topic of SA-MP. The problems that me and my team face over at VCRP is the fact that the mem addresses for melee damage and heli-blading haven't been voided, and that the float value for pickup models haven't been extended in the current iteration of the SA-MP DL client. Which I hope will be addressed in the future.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

Just look at the Russian community. We are still opening SA-MP servers that are gaining 1000 players for less than 3 minutes from the server start (400 players in stream zone, 10 fps - this is awesome). In this month in Russia already opened 6 new server by huge projects (1000+ players). First of the popular project (Arizona RP) has 9 servers with 9000 players (!) in prime time and this is without affiliated projects.

DL isn't popular because it's buggy, needed a good knowledge in reverse-engineering for fixing it, only one project using DL (Absolute), but they uses their own client with huge amount of fixes and they supports connections from 0.3.7 too. After announcing 0.3.8, huge projects has started the hiring of 3D modellers, but you drop it.

SA-MP is still popular but you don't want to see this.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
You are wrong, the interest is growing on the contrary. Everyone is waiting for release.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

Everyone is waiting for the DL update version! DL not popular due to some bugs. They don't allow us to run large projects. DL version removes restrictions in creativity at designers of TD and mappers.

For example:

This is not a template, but already TD.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

Believe me, I've talked to quite fair amount of SA-MP developers/modders and they are wishing to mod a lot, but they are just waiting for the next release after 0.3-DL was pushed out.

Aside to that there are still many open projects that contains modded stuff, for example Medieval Roleplay server made by Dignity. I would say it's impossible to say nobody is interested in it.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
You know Kye, I think the problem is actually more simple, and here it is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggiz
Посмотреть сообщение
After announcing 0.3.8, huge projects has started the hiring of 3D modellers, but you drop it.
0.3.DL is not popular (as far as it was expected) primarily because of intentionally made wrong decisions on your part, the first of which was the cancellation of 0.3.8 (which was really expected by many, and this is a fact). Instead of a direct continuation of the branch, you released a separate (optional) one, which makes it clear only just by its description that this is not the future of the 0.3.7 branch, this is not the future of SA-MP. And if a newbie player who is absolutely unaware of what is happening, would like to download the latest version, seeing in the search for “0.3.8”, then it's obvious that it is more latest than “0.3.7” and thus newbie player would download it. Even from this point of view this version could be much more popular and attention attracting than different "optional" branch, that's just another unknown thing for a newbie among all versions of SA-MP.
The second one is that even as DL version came, you didn't add it to the official news block on the sa-mp.com, where the announcements of each new version was published before. Instead, it appeared only a few months later on the download page of version 0.3.7 somewhere below away from the eyes like an ugly step sister... (...and moreover, besides stupid jokes, there is no DL-server release on the same page even now).

Sorry if I hurt or offended someone, but I really think that the developer himself was initially skeptical about this version.

@m1n1vv This is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazon
Посмотреть сообщение
@m1n1vv This is awesome.
Thank you

Good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaozu
Посмотреть сообщение
Fair enough but there are few projects out there, that are currently developing which utilise custom models.

I guess only time will tell for more modellers to crop up.

Hell it would be nice to have some more tools; like maybe an easier of way of incorporating 2dfx effects to models perhaps.

I mean just on the topic of SA-MP. The problems that me and my team face over at VCRP is the fact that the mem addresses for melee damage and heli-blading haven't been voided, and that the float value for pickup models haven't been extended in the current iteration of the SA-MP DL client. Which I hope will be addressed in the future.
I have a similar situation on my second server. I am also developing a server on the Vice City map, but these problems do not allow me to assign even beta testing. Please correct this in 0.3DL r2, as I see no reason to open the server without such important features.

Really nice tool but when i try to genearate a colission its name by default set to "samp".It would be a lot fo help if you could change than to the dff name.