What do you think about a fantasy roleplay server

As the title says what do you guys think about a fantasy roleplay community that has lore and books to read so you can play, the rules taken from World of Darkness the server contains alot of races and etc !

Sounds good. But you will need dedication and motivation to pull this one out.

That's what I'm thinking about the gamemode is ready I have a staff team and forums I don't know if it's gonna be a great experience or not.

Why not just create an entire new game than using a modification with limited features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaperstone
Посмотреть сообщение
Why not just create an entire new game than using a modification with limited features.
Right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nru
Посмотреть сообщение
That's what I'm thinking about the gamemode is ready I have a staff team and forums I don't know if it's gonna be a great experience or not.
If your gamemode is ready, then why dont you launch? You'll never know until you try it.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
This. Im always sceptical when people try to turn the game into something completely different. San Andreas is set in the 90s USA, not in a fantasy world, and not in ancient rome. You cant create the atmosphere without heavy modding (and modding isnt really a thing in samp), and fantasy is all about atmosphere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
This. Im always sceptical when people try to turn the game into something completely different. San Andreas is set in the 90s USA, not in a fantasy world, and not in ancient rome. You cant create the atmosphere without heavy modding (and modding isnt really a thing in samp), and fantasy is all about atmosphere.
It's been two years since I played a public SA-MP server and I still check this forum everyday and start new personal script projects periodically. I guess it's a hobby for me to try to adapt new, fun, crazy, different ideas into San Andreas ambient, or SA-MP in general. I never finish any of these projects, probably because SA-MP is limited and wouldn't really work properly in a public server, but I find it very satisfying to accomplish something beyond SA-MP limits and all the mainstream stuff we have been playing the last ten years.

Let's not go so far, Van Andreas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marricio
Посмотреть сообщение
It's been two years since I played a public SA-MP server and I still check this forum everyday and start new personal script projects periodically. I guess it's a hobby for me to try to adapt new, fun, crazy, different ideas into San Andreas ambient, or SA-MP in general. I never finish any of these projects, probably because SA-MP is limited and wouldn't really work properly in a public server, but I find it very satisfying to accomplish something beyond SA-MP limits and all the mainstream stuff we have been playing the last ten years.

Okay you got me

I still think that recreating a post-nuclear version of SA is much more sane than a fantasy version though, never planned to use any mods for van andreas.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

I think, people are using the languages that they're most comfortable with and are avoiding learning and a adopting to new things.

The thing is, the amount of time people are putting onto their projects can raise above a year to a couple of one, with that amount of time; you could learn to create games under an engine rather than a modification, maybe not an entire crazy game like "BattleField" but a bare minimal and basic game; you could do. (depending on how much you'd actually spend on learning)

You can create an accurate atmosphere of literally anything (wild west, medieval, space, ...) without the need of a lot of resources and mods. I’ve been there and done it and my wild west server was pretty immersive according to the old pb.

All you need is a dedicated mapper and end goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
Посмотреть сообщение
You can create an accurate atmosphere of literally anything (wild west, medieval, space, ...) without the need of a lot of resources and mods. I’ve been there and done it and my wild west server was pretty immersive according to the old pb.

All you need is a dedicated mapper and end goal.
It's not about mapping for example angel pine is a great location for a server in the 90s USA you just have to know how to create the gamemode and everything will be up i wish you all guys try and test it up I need your opinion.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I think, people are using the languages that they're most comfortable with and are avoiding learning and a adopting to new things.

The thing is, the amount of time people are putting onto their projects can raise above a year to a couple of one, with that amount of time; you could learn to create games under an engine rather than a modification, maybe not an entire crazy game like "BattleField" but a bare minimal and basic game; you could do. (depending on how much you'd actually spend on learning)
You're right, however not every member of this community is trying to learn PAWN to become a full stack developer. They're just trying to improve the quality of the game they spend hours playing every day. This was me initially, then I developed the desire to learn new programming languages as I stopped playing SA-MP.

Well, I have spent countless hours developing projects that took years to finish and I don't even have the source code of them now.. You're making me reflect on my life

Needless to say it was totally worth it!

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

Eh.. you also need someone with photoshop for graphics, someone for sound... while you do the code.. learning all of those isnt that easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiWow
Посмотреть сообщение
Eh.. you also need someone with photoshop for graphics, someone for sound... while you do the code.. learning all of those isnt that easy.
You can always find free or paid stuff on the internet if that's needed, but I agree that "for that specific thing, I cannot find anything on the internet", which is also time consuming to get to and then you need to spend time on creating that sound or that texture yourself somehow, but at the end, I think it will make the developer who put time into it very happy when he finishes.

EDIT: Like, yeah, the amount of time a person would put to a simple game would be longer than just creating a samp server, the game engines a bit more complicated than a few strokes of code because they're universal, but it pays off, plus you got the chance to fit your ideas in and not be limited to a preset. (and actually lots of other stuff that samp or MTA just cannot offer)

Besides that, I think games naturally are more attractive than a samp server.
Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
You're right, however not every member of this community is trying to learn PAWN to become a full stack developer. They're just trying to improve the quality of the game they spend hours playing every day. This was me initially, then I developed the desire to learn new programming languages as I stopped playing SA-MP.

Well, I have spent countless hours developing projects that took years to finish and I don't even have the source code of them now.. You're making me reflect on my life

Needless to say it was totally worth it!
Well, you don't have to want to become full stack I learn to create my games for visualization of my architective ideas.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
That's right, Take my +Rep

On Topic :

A fantasy RP server still have a chance to success these days

try something unique, for example Aryan Roleplay set in 1943 Auswitz

Hogwarts RP - https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=596058

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamovic
Посмотреть сообщение
Exactly.