Dedicated Video Memory

Hello cowboys, i got a question hope it got correctly answered.

so, i got 8GB of ram and my Dedicated Video Memory is 64MB, the question is How can i increase the amount of my Dedicated video memory? because i heard that by increasing the amount my games frames will increase! Please help

Get a new video card which can fit in your motherboard.
Install CPU-Z, get all the information about your motherboard and search for a video card which can really fit on it.
Btw its quite weird that you got 8gb ram and 64 mb gpu memory. I got 4gb ram but still has 1gb gpu memory

Are you sure its your GPU's memory and not your APU's ?

64mb suggests pretty much that you have an old PC, with that, I do not think that you can buy the most modern gpu's

Total Availabel Graphics Memory: 1792MB
Dedicated Video Memory: 64 MB
System Video Memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 1728 MB

That's all my adapter information, i got Intel® HD Graphics

Get a real graphics card

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxErT
Посмотреть сообщение
Total Availabel Graphics Memory: 1792MB
Dedicated Video Memory: 64 MB
System Video Memory: 0 MB

That's all my adapter information, i got Intel® HD Graphics
The GPU is already using 1.7 GB of your RAM. Assigning even more wouldn't make much sense as most games that your GPU can run don't even require that much (at least not with proper settings, like low model & texture quality). GTA V for example can do with 1.1 GB memory while running at 120 FPS. Most laggs you experience are probably caused by your GPU itself which is unable to handle the processing.
More video memory is in most cases not helping at all when trying to gain more FPS (check your GPU Memory usage while playing vs CPU/GPU load at that time).

You can change the integrated graphics reserved memory from BIOS, but it won't go as high as you expect.

at least 512 MB, damn @NaS it;s using 1.7MB of ram not GB

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Read again :P

The 64 MB Dedicated Memory are the internal memory and there is no way of increasing that. It's the physical amount of memory that your Graphics Card has built in.

The shared memory (1728 MB) is a part of your System RAM that is already assigned to be possibly used by your graphics card. Depending on your OS you can see that this amount of RAM is missing from your total system memory (depends if it's reserved on-demand or not).

This means you already have a total of 1792 MB Memory, which is more than you wanted.
Assigning more should be possible, but I doubt it will give you more performance at all.

Some GPUs are just too slow for some games, no matter how much memory you assign to it.