SA-MP 0.3.7 R2 client update (optional)

An optional client update SA-MP 0.3.7-R2 is now available on the Download Page.

The 0.3.7-R2 client addresses a problem with the server browser where it was vulnerable to an IP spoofing attack. Servers could send fake information coming from other servers if they could guess when the client was querying them.

Notes for server owners:

The SA-MP query protocol is changed. If you are filtering the 'Port' section of the query packet with a firewall, you should remove this filter.

Changes to PlayerPlaySound.

There have been some changes to the way client's handle PlayerPlaySound. Sound ID 1 can be used disable the interior 0 ambience track (wind noise) to create fake interiors. The game's ambience system is used for all sounds below ID 1000, which means many ambience tracks that previously didn't work should now work. Sound ID 0 can be used as normal to stop the current track or return the game's normal outdoor ambience.

Please check back for future updates.

Hmm nice

Cool. Don't forget to update the server link on the download page too.

Thanks, good job.

Great news, thank you.

Thanks for the fix ! It's really good that you also updated them on the downloads page, many server hosts aren't upgrading the server package if it isn't on the main downloads page. Also, this client update is great, it prevents query spoofing finally, so there won't be servers making the lists mad.

The PlayerPlaySound update is really unexpected, as I said before I think that it is just a quick thing backported from 0.4a because some beta testers wanted it probably. Thanks !

Can't wait for the next major version, until then, thanks for patching these problems in the last month ! These spoofing exploits really made the community unsure about the future. Also, I hope you will keep posting like you did in the last month, it's really nice to see you talking here with us, even if just having fun.

P.S.: On the downloads page the server version is R2-1-1, you should change it to R2-2-1. As I said before, many hosts won't upgrade if the package isn't there. Maybe you want to upgrade it when you will make sure that it is 100% stable.

Thanks for this update, helps a lot.

Good Update

Good job. Also heads up, the download links for the server downloads are still the older versions and are not the latest R2-2 version that is available. I did PM you about this back when R2-2 was released, but I imagine it must have been missed.

Nice

Thank you very much. <3

Great update. Very glad to see this is resolved, and I definitely have some uses for PlayerPlaySound myself.

Nice update, Kalcor!

It should be a forced update, it works correctly, thank you!

Cool

Nice update

It's good that the update came out, I hope that in the near future we will see something interesting in terms of updating the samp.

Ohj yes, kalcor work now

Good job! I hope the following updates will contain many changes.

Getting hyped for more already ^^
Great stuff!