What's happening with LS-RP? Comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famalamalam
View Post
Why is everybody so scared of the community "splitting up" ?? That isn't how it works. If someone forks SA-MP and makes a better version and people move to it, so what? That's how life is supposed to work and it's EXACTLY what open source is designed for.

The community isn't going to just disappear to the next person to drop a version of SA-MP unless it benefits them, but if it does, that's a good thing. Evolution. Survival of the fittest.

SA-MP is old, yes, all the more reason to inject some life into it.
That argument is actually fairly stupid if you look at it from Kalcor's point of view. Why would you deliberately release the source of your mod so someone else can take the "throne" from you? That's incredibly illogical. If it's truly survival of the fittest, then Kalcor would do well keeping the source private until the end of the time. That way there's no potential for competition at all. Survival of the fittest, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB
Посмотреть сообщение
That argument is actually fairly stupid if you look at it from Kalcor's point of view. Why would you deliberately release the source of your mod so someone else can take the "throne" from you? That's incredibly illogical. If it's truly survival of the fittest, then Kalcor would do well keeping the source private until the end of the time. That way there's no potential for competition at all. Survival of the fittest, after all.
Oh I get it, you value ego more than you do providing the mod to the community? Gotcha. I think Kalcor values the community more than his ego, or maybe not. But there is no "throne", this is a community mod.

I don't see MTA:SA being ruined because it's open source ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famalamalam
Посмотреть сообщение
Oh I get it, you value ego more than you do providing the mod to the community? Gotcha.
I didn't know developing SA-MP was my job. I wasn't speaking for anyone either, I was simply pointing out a flaw in your open source argument. Personally, I have no opinion on whether SA-MP should be open source or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzamilKm
View Post
but then I saw you guys insulting people on the LSPD thread, which just made me post this here. Anyway, I wish you guys best of luck with whatever you're pursuing if you have left LS-RP.
I'm not sure who paid you to say that here because I don't see any insults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekillergreece
View Post
I'm not sure who paid you to say that here because I don't see any insults.
No one has paid me to post anything here. But yes, I was referring to Minst basically, since those were actual insults. I apologize for not making that specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzamilKm
View Post
No one has paid me to post anything here. But yes, I was referring to Minst basically, since those were actual insults. I apologize for not making that specific.
i play ls-rp to pf abuse

Because calling someone a moron is such an offensive thing to do. It's just a subjective point of view.

GTA-V RP is shit. LS:RP is still running and I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggums
View Post
GTA-V RP is shit. LS:RP is still running and I like it.
Big Up m8. Same think

I was really surprised when I launched SAMP a few weeks ago to see the lack of players on the server. At the same time however, I’m not really surprised that the server’s gone to shit. Pretty much every SAMP RP server I’ve come across without fail the admins are always egotistical narcissistic bullied nerds (or paedophiles) who get power mad because they can jail, kick, and ban people on a server.

LSRP players take shit way too seriously, especially police officers. I can’t tell you the amount of times people say ‘see you on forums’ to threaten people into doing things because they want situations to go their way 100%.

Not to mention, if you have any form of genuine critique to address on their forums, your thread will be moved to a hidden area or locked because the entire moderator/admin community just becomes an echo chamber of what they want to hear, this applies to admins, police, and other factions too.

LSRP police are also really notorious for using undetectable CLEO wallhacks as well. Try to escape in a fast car, you won’t succeed. Try to escape on a fast bike, and you’ll have a much bigger success rate because you’ll be able to get out of their view due to draw distance. It wouldn’t surprise me if they had admins spectate people either to top it off.

Oh well, I'm sure another decent RP server that doesn't have diabolical admins will come along one of these days if SAMP playerbase is still active within years to come.

RP get's boring after a while, and there's only so much you can roleplay without being completely bored or having already done it before.

LS-RP just launched their server on the 0.3.8 RC version, I've seen it reach over 230 players an hour after upgrading! Good job guys!

Custom skins and objects will surely keep LS-RP alive and kicking for a long time.

Wait how they do that ?
So i can lanuch my server on SA-MP 0.3.8 RC3 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted
View Post
Starting off... Why the fuck would they take the credits? Feature Documentation forums on LS:RP shows, for each script, who created said script.

Oh, fine.
https://forum.ls-rp.com/viewtopic.php?f=283&t=589549
https://forum.ls-rp.com/viewtopic.php?f=283&t=544638
https://forum.ls-rp.com/viewtopic.php?f=283&t=511099
https://forum.ls-rp.com/viewtopic.php?f=283&t=539523
https://forum.ls-rp.com/viewtopic.php?f=283&t=238375

Mmartin doesn't know how to script? Shame on Damian for recruiting him, then. Wrong. Mmartin knows how to script, otherwise he wouldn't be part of the development team.

They sure are, buddy.

1. Damian is leading it;
2. ... ?

Everyone's quick to hop on the bandwagon. I've spent some time in LS:RP lately and despite their numbers going down when compared to two, three years ago, I don't LS:RP is done for. It is still the biggest roleplay server in SA:MP and with the highest standards. The best roleplayers won't leave LS:RP to try a new community.

BA-RP is going to have a strong launch, that's for certain from what we've seen, but the only reason for it is Damian being there. That's the A factor, want it or not. Otherwise, it would be just another roleplay server.

LS:RP has undergone a few changes last (two) months. The staff actually have started listening to the community and talk to the players, not acting like a superior breed. The new SA:MP update has brought new features to LS:RP and it is constantly updated (new skins and objects have been added and are consistently added; do yourself a favor and check the global announcement on the forums). LS:RP is in a reversible decline. The time has come for the server to change and the next moves are crucial. We'll see the playerbase stabilize or get to a time where 20 players is the peak.
I find it funny how you're still defending that shit server hahah, cut it. Nothing you can do the 200 players you see now are going to move to ba-rp they're only there right now because it's nothing else to play. I hopped out that bih yesterday and i only saw dm and provoking it's actually hilarious too and when you dm 3-7 players you get jailed not banned that's how you know the server is fucked.

The same story happens here like San Andreas RP had split into two communities long time ago - NG:RP. And here now LS-RP splits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabloa
View Post
The same story happens here like San Andreas RP had split into two communities long time ago - NG:RP. And here now LS-RP splits.
Please, DON'T compare NG:"RP" with LS-RP, NEVER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuber
View Post
Don't be so stuck up - they are both roleplay servers, just very different in levels enforced. He means that the branches will gain players, original staff not working hard enough to maintain the playerbase and branches working twice as hard in development for the players that are sick of the original server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuber
View Post
Compare? I don't see comparison. That's just what happens is similar. And who the fuck talks about the quality between them? Of course, what you meant, they can't be conpared in quality if it satisfies your irrelevant comment.