What's happening with LS-RP? Comment.

https://www.rockstargames.com/eula

You agree not to:
h. reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, display, perform, prepare derivative works based on, or otherwise modify the Software, in whole or in part;

Do it and you're in for a good dose of trouble.

I don't want to see this topic turn in to a discussion about GTA V. ls-rp's problems started before GTA V was even released.

But vincenzo, I disagree with what you said, and one point I would make is the fact that those mods/servers are happy to accept "donations" from players.

The answers to the original question are right here in this thread, or you could just read what Damian wrote after he decided to step down from ls-rp.

I was also a player on The Godfather server, and worked with the scripters there. I worked with all the major ls-rp scripters and all the founders of ls-rp were at one point sa-mp beta testers. The reason I decided to promote ls-rp in the first place was because The Godfather collapsed.

ls-rp's problems could actually be resolved. The server doesn't have the 500-600 player peaks it once had, but it can still reach 250-300 which is pretty respectable, and not something easy to do on any other game. Once new features go in, people will forget about all this stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo
Посмотреть сообщение
You know one time I heard that there was a mod that was taken down, rockstar sent some agent guy to a home of one other mod's owners house and told him to dismantle the project of his so he did that. I heard that, that specific mod was using the same code as GTA online so that was the reasons. The other mods today are using different scripts and they started from scratch as i heard so they are not using the same as GTA:O and cannot be taken down.

At the end of the day, i dunno whats gonna happen and you do have a point. Truth is, some of these mods are already popular with over 200+ people on some servers on GTA V.

honestly, i dont wish those mods to be taken down, continue with them so whoever wants to be on SAMP let them stay, whoever wants to be on GTA V go ahead.
Take-Two took down multiple mods and mod tools. The whole reason is as Twizted explained:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted
Посмотреть сообщение
https://www.rockstargames.com/eula

You agree not to:
h. reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, display, perform, prepare derivative works based on, or otherwise modify the Software, in whole or in part;

Do it and you're in for a good dose of trouble.
So it's not allowed to create mods for GTA V. Therefor when the MP mod starts to get popular it will be taken down, there's nothing to do about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
Посмотреть сообщение
ls-rp's problems could actually be resolved. The server doesn't have the 500-600 player peaks it once had, but it can still reach 250-300 which is pretty respectable, and not something easy to do on any other game. Once new features go in, people will forget about all this stuff.
This is actually a very valid point. 250-300 people is still a big server, especially for LS-RP which entry level is quite high (with the whole "application to join the server" progress), The current developers and managers should focus on making the server better, when that happens the players that left might come back and start enjoying the server again.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't want to see this topic turn in to a discussion about GTA V. ls-rp's problems started before GTA V was even released.

But vincenzo, I disagree with what you said, and one point I would make is the fact that those mods/servers are happy to accept "donations" from players.

The answers to the original question are right here in this thread, or you could just read what Damian wrote after he decided to step down from ls-rp.

I was also a player on The Godfather server, and worked with the scripters there. I worked with all the major ls-rp scripters and all the founders of ls-rp were at one point sa-mp beta testers. The reason I decided to promote ls-rp in the first place was because The Godfather collapsed.

Damian didn't decide to step down, but forced to from what he said.

A member expressed the harsh truth about LS-RP.

https://bot.gyazo.com/dbbb36eb5d8ddd...a9b87c58be.png

He got banned for good. Scandal.

https://bot.gyazo.com/7920d1eac33f67...59651e5038.png

He got banned straight up. No warning, no reason, no banning admin name. LS-RP is really controversial server that needs to be shut down.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
And the only way they can do that on GTA V is by ripping off everything from SA-MP, even though they agreed not to when they installed it.

samp-license.txt

But whatever. I hope those people leave and never return to SA-MP. We're not GTA fanboys in 2017. San Andreas is two generations behind. Let us have our little corner of the internet, without feeding off us every 5 seconds.
Maybe you should have open sourced SA-MP years ago instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famalamalam
Посмотреть сообщение
Maybe you should have open sourced SA-MP years ago instead.
Yeah, open source worked wonders for vc-mp. Just look at it now http://www.vicecitymultiplayer.com/ (don't bother clicking, it's gone).

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, open source worked wonders for vc-mp. Just look at it now http://www.vicecitymultiplayer.com/ (don't bother clicking, it's gone).
vc-mp.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshncool
Посмотреть сообщение
vc-mp.org
And who even knows what that project is. It's not open source for starters. Just someone decided to hijack the vc-mp name and source and make their own mod.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
And the only way they can do that on GTA V is by ripping off everything from SA-MP, even though they agreed not to when they installed it.

samp-license.txt

But whatever. I hope those people leave and never return to SA-MP. We're not GTA fanboys in 2017. San Andreas is two generations behind. Let us have our little corner of the internet, without feeding off us every 5 seconds.
I think its safe to say its a long time coming before anyone creates a Multiplayer mod as stable and proven as this one.

Honestly Kye, fuck em and what they have to say. The only thing that can truly hurt SA-MP is time, and even then SA-MP continues to do so well.

The very fact that LS-RP can still reach 250 players is impressive at the very least after 11 years.
EDIT: And Horizon, 158 players right now, it appears. I'm not exactly completely caught up on which servers are still around, though.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

samp-license.txt
So what? It's not like you thought this wouldn't happen, it was inevitable.

OT: I'm glad I left years ago, there's no such thing as passive RP on LS-RP lmao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV
Посмотреть сообщение
So what? It's not like you thought this wouldn't happen, it was inevitable.
Huh? I think it's kinda retarded to create a multiplayer mod for a game that already has multiplayer.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Huh? I think it's kinda retarded to create a multiplayer mod for a game that already has multiplayer.
*cough*MTA

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Exactly, if someone is doing so then (s)he is challenging the official multiplayer release which is GTA Online and why people would like to play an unofficial multiplayer mod when it has an official multiplayer mod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debjit
Посмотреть сообщение
Exactly, if someone is doing so then (s)he is challenging the official multiplayer release which is GTA Online and why people would like to play an unofficial multiplayer mod when it has an official multiplayer mod?
Ain't sure what you mean "official modification mod"

But, that's actually pretty simple question

Would you rather stick with a rusty buggy modification or move to a newer one /faster /less buggy?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Is it? I thought when you did SA-MP there was already a san andreas multiplayer mod.

Stop going off-topic, this is about LS-RP, not some open source discussion.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Part of this could be true, but I don't see it happening anytime soon or probably ever. The newer developers lacked the imagination and creativity that the previous developers had on LS:RP. You see the newer features that they've added the past 2 years and none of them are impressive at all, where as when Damian put in features on the server they are the most successful and talked about scripts around LS:RP (The furniture sys, job sys, robbing sys, etc). If they found someone that would dedicate their time in programming and had some what of an imagination for SA:MP then they could probably somewhat redeem themselves as far as the scripting part of the server goes.

But as far as their management team, there's not anyone there or that was apart of LS:RP that trusts their management, or even their administration team. They just recently re-did their faction management system and in the post made it was just basically throwing whoever was running the factions at the time under the bus, which is becoming more and more of an issue for the LS:RP management. I mean, just look at the post made about their "technical issues" Mow once again fell off the face of the Earth and wasn't communicating with them, which once again has been an issue for YEARS. It's sad that Mow is only there to collect the, what are suppose to be, donations for the server and doesn't even contribute anything for the community. They literally backed everything up for the case that Mow just got up and left, think about that. How is that helping that community at all when you're in the mindset that the person who pays the bills for the server could of just left with all the donation money without telling anyone? The management there doesn't even trust the guy who is ultimately in charge of the server, that's really sad.

Mmartin is still an SA-MP beta tester and he told me he'll do what he can to keep the server running smoothly.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Mmartin is still an SA-MP beta tester and he told me he'll do what he can to keep the server running smoothly.
Mmartin hasn't developed anything useful at all since the anniversary. Anniversary brought half baked features as well anyway.

The only small updates were done by Otter, so far. Mmartin did absolutely no work at all. It's pretty much Mmartin staying in server to get his 700$ money without working at all and let Surreal keep trying to shut the server down.

The removal of DamianC and Collins was the terrible wrong move at first place and they already foresaw what will happen if Surreal and Mmartin take over.