What's happening with LS-RP? Comment.

It's shocking that this is the only place LS-RP players can have true freedom of speech to discuss what is wrong with the server without risking a server ban, forum warning, etc.

I've spent 5 years on LS-RP and i've done just about everything there is to do on the server. I never focused on being "great" in a single area but rather ventured out to be "average" in a bunch of areas. That is - I never strived for getting tester, I never played in PD for the sole reason of becoming a Sergeant/Lieutenant, and I never did the trucker jobs for the sole purpose of getting rich. I roleplayed in a lot of different roles all while pouring money into the server by donating for Silver or Gold on multiple accounts at any given time.

What hit me recently is this - that the SA-MP community itself is dying, sure, but LS-RP is doing everything in its power to scare members away from its community. Long time members and veterans of the server are simply losing interest not because the server has changed at all but rather because of the leadership of the server. Surreal is a nice person and I really like him, but he is not a leader. Mmartin is a great scripter and a good person from my experience, but he also is not a leader. In contrast, Damian and Krisk (yes krisk) were good community leaders.

I saw this past friday, as I was coming home after a long day at my 9 to 5 office job that there were only 35 players in-game. I looked on Red County Roleplay and there were 50 online. Take a moment to let that sink in - Red County Roleplay used to be the place where people went when they wanted to take a break from the Heavy RP setting of LS-RP. Nowadays, Red County Roleplay actually has better roleplay than your average roleplay on LS-RP (outside of the elitists and official illegal factions). Back in its prime, LS-RP would see at least 60-70 players at the lowest point of the night and you could still expect to get a good scene or two if you went on at that hour. Nowadays, if you log on late at night like that, you'll spend 45 minutes driving around to find someone - anyone - to roleplay with.

There is one thing that I think all of us can agree on and accept - Los Santos Roleplay is eventually going to die. Though, it doesn't have to die any faster than it should. Yes, it's an old game but that doesn't mean it needs to age any faster than it needs to. The current management of the server is doing things that will inadvertently lead to the server's ultimate demise. I have been predicting this for quite some time, but I doubt the server will continue beyond Summer 2018 at this rate.

Personally, I think it's still salvageable. As I said, Surreal was a good administrator and a long-time player. Mmartin is a good developer and should continue making great things for the community. However, neither of these two people are leaders - it's not a bad thing, it's just not a quality that they possess. Therefore, I think Mow and Zize should look into hiring or appointing a community leader or manager who does have those qualities necessary to be an effective community manager and to correct the mistakes that have been consistently made since krisk was fired.

One too many choices for quality over quantity. This miserable excuse has been used repeatedly, including in the LSPD. Now the member count reduced from ~250 to 130, that speaks for itself. A good leader knows how to make balance between the 2.

Hi,

I came across this topic not to long ago and have been following it since then. It's unfortunate how the community fell apart, and tried masking everything up with rumors, lies, and so-forth. I joined back in 2011/2012 when everyone was hunky-doory; it was a happy time where you didn't really have to change yourself to fit in. You could be yourself, and everyone respected you for who you are. Recently this year, I was removed from the staff team / community due to people playing favorites, and fraudulent private messages edited using HTML. It was all a one-sided story, however nothing ever came from it except for losing some friends which is always unfortunate.

Throughout my time there, I have met so many amazing people, and created lifelong friendships that continue to this day. It's unfortunate to where the community is going - everyone is out to get eachother, and you can't be yourself. It's almost like you have to put a mask on, and be two-faced just to get anywhere there. It's disgusting, but regardless, I'm just putting in my two cents. I can see a salvageable community, but, is it even worth it?

Thanks,

ChrisRawr

Well, I am going to be quiet honest. I resigned from the SASD due to real life reasons. I was a Lieutenant and a long time member of the community. I how ever do not believe in this servers administration team. I lost faith in our administration team a long time ago. Ever since I joined the LSPD and over into the SASD, I would sit at Idlestack, across from the parking lot and pull people over that ran that intersection. I loved RPing a traffic officer. I would sit there day in and day out. I may drive around and patrol a bit, but ultimately I would find myself back in, "my sweet spot." I watched people be idiots there. I watched people start brawl after brawl after brawl. Cops would show up, pull out batons, aim guns. Guess what the brawlers would do? Yes, not RP fear, they would just rush the cops. You could /re, rarely ever get a response. If you got one, a admin would say on /ooc "stop being idiots at Stacks or you will face a AJail." They'd just do it again with no punishment. Now, I am speaking from the LEO side of things, I would suggest you all voice your opinions and your reasoning so hopefully things will change. What really made me upset was when we aimed our guns at a suspect or a civilian and they'd just stand there and /ame smirks and talk shit to the cops. Like, that's not RPing fear in the least. In my last few months on the server, I've seen better RP on habbo hotel.

I understand the admin mentality, I think I do anyway. You're thinking if we AJail or Ban players that are playing, it's killing the server. But if you do not enforce proper RP and keep the RP standard as to what it used to be, you are killing the server by running good players off. I watched the server get to a all time low the other night. I'd never seen the server population so low except after a crash. You remember those times? When we'd screenshot the server population to make it look like no one was on? I do. I remember those times. But now, you look at it and you frown. I am generally concerned and frankly upset with the LSRP admin team. I can't blame anyone but you. I say that with the utmost respect for your part in this community. I feel like if you enforced the rules things would get better. Players would slowly come back. But honestly? Sometimes, I felt like I was on NGG when coming on the server. I say that with respect as well. I'd also say another problem is the tutorial when you get on the server. Now, I've not created a new player in years and back when I was a tester, this was one of the main concerns. New players that come on the server are just not introduced to it properly. This leads to them not coming back. I remember when I first joined the server, I ran around a bit and then /q'd. About a week later, I did the same thing. Finally, I stuck around a bit to get my level up to get into the FD. But that was because I found friends OOCly that played as well from habbo. The rest is written in history.

As far as the server goes, I do think it's salvageable. But the admin team has to step up. There has to be real punishments given out for real reasons. I've seen cops get threatened to be AJailed for shooting suspects that hit us with bats at Idlestacks saying that we committed mass genocide. I've seen cops get threatened with AJails for shooting unarmed suspects because they attempted to run us over. On the other hand, I've seen cops get threatened with AJails for not RPing a suspect running them over with their vehicle when they used no RP what so ever to run the cop over. But I've seen multiple other scenarios where people in general would get ran over and when no RP was used, they had the choice to RP it or not.

Another thing on this server is DOC. Now, I'm getting into touchy waters. I've seen a select few in my time as a LEO RPer who actually wanted to go to prison. Most would rather shoot their way out of going to DOC or would attack a cop and hope they shoot them instead of tazer them. When you asked those suspects why they would rather die than go to prison, they would simply say, "No guards on duty, nothing to do. Not fun at all." Yeah, that's prison I'd guess you can say, it's not supposed to be fun. But you are on a RP server. You are on a game. You are supposed to enjoy it at all times, am I right? How many times have I came online to do /onduty and seen 0 DOC and 0 FD. I'll get to the FD later. Even the people in DOC do not enjoy it. Former DOC Faction Leadership attempted to change it, but was shot down by faction management at the time or rather just ignored. Regardless, there needs to be a revamp on DOC and their leadership. You need to make it a fun faction so that the members of that faction can make it a fun time for those in prison. Prisoners don't want to just RP with other prisoners, they want to RP with the guards as well.

FD, you know. I was part of FD. I really did enjoy my time being in the FD. To many times have we called for FD on departmental and got told to "standby" or "Apply BLS and self transport." But then you ride by ASGH and find two employees e-sexing in the back of the ambulance. Like what? Lol. Okay, that's only happened once or twice. But still, at the same time, you have to wonder why can this faction not keep it's numbers up? It's got the highest paychecks. Yet, hardly never on duty. I ain't got much bad to say about FD, I will say that they do try. But at the same time, it doesn't make sense to me why the numbers aren't always in full.

LEO RP and Firearm usage. Now, this right here is well..this is beyond me. Let me explain. Yeah, in real life and in game is totally different. You got to make the game just as enjoyable as it can be and fair. I understand. But let me be pretty honest with you. If there's two or three of you coming at me with a pistol, I am going to pull my assault rifle. I am first of all, out numbered. I got more than one person coming at me with a pistol and my life is in danger. I have personally been nearly AJailed for having a suspect in a bobcat driveby'd with a M4 because he was running over EVERYONE at stacks. He was endangering others by running them over, hitting EVERY person he seen. I even waited till we got to the northern side of Alhambra to have him shot. A admin immediately spawned in and nearly AJailed the person shooting him. I took the blame as the highest supervisor on scene and told them I told him to shoot. Regardless, the admin said, "You don't driveby someone that's not drivebying you." That's silly. Let me get on my megaphone and say, "Hey, can you stop the truck, stop running people over. Just stop and let me shoot you." Yeah, that works. It's silly. In real life, when there's a shooter or what-have-you, they have every cop on scene with a assault rifle walking around. It doesn't matter if they have a pistol, shotgun or a RPG. (Okay maybe not an RPG hehe)

You got gangsters riding around in Bullets, Cheetahs and Buffalos. I've already touched on this once, about the NON-RP fear, but that's my biggest issue with illegal RP'ers. I've seen so many cops /q or just avoid areas like Idlestacks, Crenshaw, Ganton, Jefferson and four one five. Why? Simply because if I got out of my car at Crenshaw, seen a black male standing there and aimed my gun at him for vandalizing the wall or something, he'd take off running. ONLY ONCE. ONCE, I have seen a guy RP me aiming my gun at him. AFTER ALL MY YEARS ON THIS SERVER. I couldn't believe it. Let me tell you the story. I was driving down Market Street coming up on Main. A male took the turn to fast from Main and turned onto Market westbound. He hit my Rancher and we RP'd the hit. (Fascinating already, he wants to RP a MVA) He RP'd running from the scene. I Rp'd climbing out of my rancher and I chased him from Market and Main all the way to El Corona. I finally got up close enough and typed a /me of me aiming my gun at him and yelled at him to stop. He immediately stopped, RP'd fear of me aiming a gun at him and surrendered. If there was one suspect I wish I could've let go, it would be him. Kudos to you my man. How ever, during the earthquake event, I seen gangsters sitting on top of the roof across from Idlestack screaming, "HIT ME, HIT ME, HIT ME!" What kind of shit is that? That's not RP, that's retardism.

Regardless, I have resigned from the SASD and LS-RP for now due to real life reasons. But when I heard about this thread, I figured I'd post on it. I don't expect any backlash for this post. I am posting this to try and help the server. If you don't diagnose the issue, you will never be able to cure it. I do wish to return in the future to the server if the issues have gotten better. If not, I won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawShank
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, I am going to be quiet honest. I resigned from the SASD due to real life reasons. I was a Lieutenant and a long time member of the community. I how ever do not believe in this servers administration team. I lost faith in our administration team a long time ago. Ever since I joined the LSPD and over into the SASD, I would sit at Idlestack, across from the parking lot and pull people over that ran that intersection. I loved RPing a traffic officer. I would sit there day in and day out. I may drive around and patrol a bit, but ultimately I would find myself back in, "my sweet spot." I watched people be idiots there. I watched people start brawl after brawl after brawl. Cops would show up, pull out batons, aim guns. Guess what the brawlers would do? Yes, not RP fear, they would just rush the cops. You could /re, rarely ever get a response. If you got one, a admin would say on /ooc "stop being idiots at Stacks or you will face a AJail." They'd just do it again with no punishment. Now, I am speaking from the LEO side of things, I would suggest you all voice your opinions and your reasoning so hopefully things will change. What really made me upset was when we aimed our guns at a suspect or a civilian and they'd just stand there and /ame smirks and talk shit to the cops. Like, that's not RPing fear in the least. In my last few months on the server, I've seen better RP on habbo hotel.

I understand the admin mentality, I think I do anyway. You're thinking if we AJail or Ban players that are playing, it's killing the server. But if you do not enforce proper RP and keep the RP standard as to what it used to be, you are killing the server by running good players off. I watched the server get to a all time low the other night. I'd never seen the server population so low except after a crash. You remember those times? When we'd screenshot the server population to make it look like no one was on? I do. I remember those times. But now, you look at it and you frown. I am generally concerned and frankly upset with the LSRP admin team. I can't blame anyone but you. I say that with the utmost respect for your part in this community. I feel like if you enforced the rules things would get better. Players would slowly come back. But honestly? Sometimes, I felt like I was on NGG when coming on the server. I say that with respect as well. I'd also say another problem is the tutorial when you get on the server. Now, I've not created a new player in years and back when I was a tester, this was one of the main concerns. New players that come on the server are just not introduced to it properly. This leads to them not coming back. I remember when I first joined the server, I ran around a bit and then /q'd. About a week later, I did the same thing. Finally, I stuck around a bit to get my level up to get into the FD. But that was because I found friends OOCly that played as well from habbo. The rest is written in history.

As far as the server goes, I do think it's salvageable. But the admin team has to step up. There has to be real punishments given out for real reasons. I've seen cops get threatened to be AJailed for shooting suspects that hit us with bats at Idlestacks saying that we committed mass genocide. I've seen cops get threatened with AJails for shooting unarmed suspects because they attempted to run us over. On the other hand, I've seen cops get threatened with AJails for not RPing a suspect running them over with their vehicle when they used no RP what so ever to run the cop over. But I've seen multiple other scenarios where people in general would get ran over and when no RP was used, they had the choice to RP it or not.

Another thing on this server is DOC. Now, I'm getting into touchy waters. I've seen a select few in my time as a LEO RPer who actually wanted to go to prison. Most would rather shoot their way out of going to DOC or would attack a cop and hope they shoot them instead of tazer them. When you asked those suspects why they would rather die than go to prison, they would simply say, "No guards on duty, nothing to do. Not fun at all." Yeah, that's prison I'd guess you can say, it's not supposed to be fun. But you are on a RP server. You are on a game. You are supposed to enjoy it at all times, am I right? How many times have I came online to do /onduty and seen 0 DOC and 0 FD. I'll get to the FD later. Even the people in DOC do not enjoy it. Former DOC Faction Leadership attempted to change it, but was shot down by faction management at the time or rather just ignored. Regardless, there needs to be a revamp on DOC and their leadership. You need to make it a fun faction so that the members of that faction can make it a fun time for those in prison. Prisoners don't want to just RP with other prisoners, they want to RP with the guards as well.

FD, you know. I was part of FD. I really did enjoy my time being in the FD. To many times have we called for FD on departmental and got told to "standby" or "Apply BLS and self transport." But then you ride by ASGH and find two employees e-sexing in the back of the ambulance. Like what? Lol. Okay, that's only happened once or twice. But still, at the same time, you have to wonder why can this faction not keep it's numbers up? It's got the highest paychecks. Yet, hardly never on duty. I ain't got much bad to say about FD, I will say that they do try. But at the same time, it doesn't make sense to me why the numbers aren't always in full.

LEO RP and Firearm usage. Now, this right here is well..this is beyond me. Let me explain. Yeah, in real life and in game is totally different. You got to make the game just as enjoyable as it can be and fair. I understand. But let me be pretty honest with you. If there's two or three of you coming at me with a pistol, I am going to pull my assault rifle. I am first of all, out numbered. I got more than one person coming at me with a pistol and my life is in danger. I have personally been nearly AJailed for having a suspect in a bobcat driveby'd with a M4 because he was running over EVERYONE at stacks. He was endangering others by running them over, hitting EVERY person he seen. I even waited till we got to the northern side of Alhambra to have him shot. A admin immediately spawned in and nearly AJailed the person shooting him. I took the blame as the highest supervisor on scene and told them I told him to shoot. Regardless, the admin said, "You don't driveby someone that's not drivebying you." That's silly. Let me get on my megaphone and say, "Hey, can you stop the truck, stop running people over. Just stop and let me shoot you." Yeah, that works. It's silly. In real life, when there's a shooter or what-have-you, they have every cop on scene with a assault rifle walking around. It doesn't matter if they have a pistol, shotgun or a RPG. (Okay maybe not an RPG hehe)

You got gangsters riding around in Bullets, Cheetahs and Buffalos. I've already touched on this once, about the NON-RP fear, but that's my biggest issue with illegal RP'ers. I've seen so many cops /q or just avoid areas like Idlestacks, Crenshaw, Ganton, Jefferson and four one five. Why? Simply because if I got out of my car at Crenshaw, seen a black male standing there and aimed my gun at him for vandalizing the wall or something, he'd take off running. ONLY ONCE. ONCE, I have seen a guy RP me aiming my gun at him. AFTER ALL MY YEARS ON THIS SERVER. I couldn't believe it. Let me tell you the story. I was driving down Market Street coming up on Main. A male took the turn to fast from Main and turned onto Market westbound. He hit my Rancher and we RP'd the hit. (Fascinating already, he wants to RP a MVA) He RP'd running from the scene. I Rp'd climbing out of my rancher and I chased him from Market and Main all the way to El Corona. I finally got up close enough and typed a /me of me aiming my gun at him and yelled at him to stop. He immediately stopped, RP'd fear of me aiming a gun at him and surrendered. If there was one suspect I wish I could've let go, it would be him. Kudos to you my man. How ever, during the earthquake event, I seen gangsters sitting on top of the roof across from Idlestack screaming, "HIT ME, HIT ME, HIT ME!" What kind of shit is that? That's not RP, that's retardism.

Regardless, I have resigned from the SASD and LS-RP for now due to real life reasons. But when I heard about this thread, I figured I'd post on it. I don't expect any backlash for this post. I am posting this to try and help the server. If you don't diagnose the issue, you will never be able to cure it. I do wish to return in the future to the server if the issues have gotten better. If not, I won't.
Someone give a TLR; please

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeiT
Посмотреть сообщение
Someone give a TL:DR; please
TL:DR this is the /r/offmychest for LS-RP players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawbringer
Посмотреть сообщение
It's shocking that this is the only place LS-RP players can have true freedom of speech to discuss what is wrong with the server without risking a server ban, forum warning, etc.

I've spent 5 years on LS-RP and i've done just about everything there is to do on the server. I never focused on being "great" in a single area but rather ventured out to be "average" in a bunch of areas. That is - I never strived for getting tester, I never played in PD for the sole reason of becoming a Sergeant/Lieutenant, and I never did the trucker jobs for the sole purpose of getting rich. I roleplayed in a lot of different roles all while pouring money into the server by donating for Silver or Gold on multiple accounts at any given time.

What hit me recently is this - that the SA-MP community itself is dying, sure, but LS-RP is doing everything in its power to scare members away from its community. Long time members and veterans of the server are simply losing interest not because the server has changed at all but rather because of the leadership of the server. Surreal is a nice person and I really like him, but he is not a leader. Mmartin is a great scripter and a good person from my experience, but he also is not a leader. In contrast, Damian and Krisk (yes krisk) were good community leaders.

I saw this past friday, as I was coming home after a long day at my 9 to 5 office job that there were only 35 players in-game. I looked on Red County Roleplay and there were 50 online. Take a moment to let that sink in - Red County Roleplay used to be the place where people went when they wanted to take a break from the Heavy RP setting of LS-RP. Nowadays, Red County Roleplay actually has better roleplay than your average roleplay on LS-RP (outside of the elitists and official illegal factions). Back in its prime, LS-RP would see at least 60-70 players at the lowest point of the night and you could still expect to get a good scene or two if you went on at that hour. Nowadays, if you log on late at night like that, you'll spend 45 minutes driving around to find someone - anyone - to roleplay with.

There is one thing that I think all of us can agree on and accept - Los Santos Roleplay is eventually going to die. Though, it doesn't have to die any faster than it should. Yes, it's an old game but that doesn't mean it needs to age any faster than it needs to. The current management of the server is doing things that will inadvertently lead to the server's ultimate demise. I have been predicting this for quite some time, but I doubt the server will continue beyond Summer 2018 at this rate.

Personally, I think it's still salvageable. As I said, Surreal was a good administrator and a long-time player. Mmartin is a good developer and should continue making great things for the community. However, neither of these two people are leaders - it's not a bad thing, it's just not a quality that they possess. Therefore, I think Mow and Zize should look into hiring or appointing a community leader or manager who does have those qualities necessary to be an effective community manager and to correct the mistakes that have been consistently made since krisk was fired.
I play in both servers - With the #REFORMED factions in Red County Roleplay right now and especially with the re-branding of their LEO faction with better leadership I honestly enjoy roleplaying in RCRP than LSRP now. It's obviously not close to what LSRP was at its prime but it definitely has potential to grow. The only problem i have in RCRP is the amount of assholes who over-price their assets in game. Like $90,000 for a fucking Apartment in the middle of fuck-nowhere seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeiT
Посмотреть сообщение
Someone give a TLR; please
By the time someone does a tldr you could have easily read it. Think about that next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgos
View Post
First update. 15/10/2017.
They're fixing the faction management.

agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aira
View Post
Well everything comes and goes - RIP LSRP.
Its the sad part of life.

Well.. after being a normal civilian on lsrp for 3 years, I finally understood what happened to the community. Indeed, Damian is a great guy and he will help you over forum PM even though you are not anything important in the community. I personally liked the features which has been implemented since I joined LSRP. And, thanks for the truth which can't be found on LSRP forum

That's not happening to LS-RP but something is happening to SA-MP, Its English players are changed from fans of RP to fans of Freeroam That's how UIF Reached the sky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaryM4Life
View Post
That's not happening to LS-RP but something is happening to SA-MP, Its English players are changed from fans of RP to fans of Freeroam That's how UIF Reached the sky.
Although it would make me happy, I don't think that's the case.

SA-MP does not feel alive compared to 0.2 days. My imagination is limited with SA-MP compared to MTA when it comes to creating interesting stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrorfist
View Post
SA-MP does not feel alive compared to 0.2 days. My imagination is limited with SA-MP compared to MTA when it comes to creating interesting stuff.
Probably means you're a shitty scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
View Post
Roasted, my god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
View Post
Harsh but fair. Yes MTA has mods that can be applied to servers.. but SA:MP is what the name says.. SAN ANDREAS multiplayer, not some mod-fest that makes everyone lag and download 200MB of mods before entering a server.. and I like it that way. If I want a fancy new Lamborghini in a game set in the 90's I can do that myself..

Then again, with some imagination, a bit of practice and good ideas, you can script alot with the current featureset. So don't blame SA:MP, be creative and try to come up with stuff, try and fail then try again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefand
View Post
One of the reasons I left LSRP beginning this month.
Side note: I am St3fan[NL]

LS-RP is indeed dying out slowly and this is generally because of the lack of good RP lately. Everything is the same, DM everywhere and people refusing to RP properly. Leadership positions of important factions get taken care of by biased staff teams and ruine the gameplay for everyone.

I was actually going to write my side of the story of my removal of the dev team but I figured it aint worth my time.
comment of the former developer of LS-RP Himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforcez1337
Посмотреть сообщение
People still buy sharkcards, Rockstar is still pushing DLC for GTA Online.. A lot of people are still playing it. It's not really dying. GTA V is still in the top 10 of most played daily games on Steam. Rockstar already made very clear that they don't want multiplayer mods since it will cost them money (People who play the mod instead of GTA Online). So there's a big chance by the time the mod gets popular that it will be taken down.

I don't know if SA:MP (or any MP San Andreas mod) ever had this issues when they first released.
You know one time I heard that there was a mod that was taken down, rockstar sent some agent guy to a home of one other mod's owners house and told him to dismantle the project of his so he did that. I heard that, that specific mod was using the same code as GTA online so that was the reasons. The other mods today are using different scripts and they started from scratch as i heard so they are not using the same as GTA:O and cannot be taken down.

At the end of the day, i dunno whats gonna happen and you do have a point. Truth is, some of these mods are already popular with over 200+ people on some servers on GTA V.

honestly, i dont wish those mods to be taken down, continue with them so whoever wants to be on SAMP let them stay, whoever wants to be on GTA V go ahead.