What's happening with LS-RP? Comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian
View Post
To give you a full idea, from my point of view of course, on the entire fiasco- I actually did go fully inactive around 2014-2015. My last major revision before that was the Vehicle Revision- which consisted of a vehicle system revamp, threading the SQL interactions, and such. A grueling process but had to be done in order for the server to ever see an optimized future. Mind you that revision was finished in 2013. Around that time I had just came out the closet, had finally joined the workforce and for once finally doing more with my life, I also had krisk around to keep the balance of development- his faction overhaul, the vehicle revision, and our edits kept the community satisfied.

2014 is when the initial inactivity started on my behalf as the reasons stated above but things were still going smoothly with Collins and krisk to my side. Sadly the krisk disgusting fiasco happened and the community took a real hit with that. With the only person I had on my side gone 2015 was really left to Mmartin to really take the helm of things. But sadly development doesn't work that way, especially when you're not pushing anything out.

Development is more than just updates. You have to understand your community in and out; not everything you make will be flashy and cool. Some of it will not be received well at all or boring as hell- but in the longrun it's what is healthiest for your product. There are also even moments where there will be a drought of updates, because sometimes your attention is required elsewhere for growth. Sometimes too many updates can spoil a community and distract them from the original point of the product.

The server actually stalled in growth during 2015- not many people realized that. 600 was awesome yes, but with the vehicle revision and so on we had plans for 750 or more, so still being at 600 is not really all that great. Plus you have to take in account many roleplay servers were closing down or dying and their base were moving towards LS-RP, which kept our numbers inflated at the time.

I came back fully around the midsection of 2015 to finish the establishment revision- a series of re-wrtires, updates, and additions. With my absence of basically a year it was a lot of work to do- and I didn't really come off as the nicest of persons most of the times. I yelled at a lot of people and I put so many people in awkward positions; not because I was angry at them but the situation the server was in. The server so many people poured so much hard work into was bleeding.

To the people asking my removal it's still the same thing I wrote here. Nothing else more to it. I could've written more but it's unhealthy to persuade people to dislike someone else because you don't. The people involved know the truth and that was enough for me.

I only wrote all that because I don't want to be seen under such a favorable light. I was basically gone from my community for about a year and it suffered due to it. I'm not proud of myself but honestly if I had the choice to do it all again I would, because I had to come first for once in my life.

In terms of the server, it was bleeding during my absence and definitely took a nose-dive after their decisions. It's not due to DamianC being gone that it's dying, it's purely due to the fact of who is in charge of it. Think about it, if the leadership is ran by immoral people just imagine the morals of the people that follow them and are in charge under them. Imagine the morals of the people that support them and impact the social image of the server. Thus you get the madhouse it is today.

It's honestly very bittersweet. I really thought I'd enjoy seeing it fall but when you remind yourself of all the work and contribution throughout the years to get it there it's really depressing. But who knows with their death means there's a chance for many other roleplay servers out there, which is pretty awesome. LS-RP was born through Godfather's death, remember that.

In terms of ME though! I am doing just fine, I actually just got back from Los Angeles! I'm enjoying my life, and yes I do miss being around the SA-MP community from time to time. I also do hope to do something again one day when I can get more settled. Before I was just too rattled from the LS-RP, and now I know in order for me to make something I need to be clear of head completely and doing it for myself and not to challenge something else- especially in their current state.
Damn dude... I didn't have any idea about the LS-RP drama but reading all this makes me feel really sorry for you. You got screwed over royally. I'm sure there are other communities out there that deserve your talents and dedication if you ever considered to come back. But seems you're doing well enjoying life. Best of luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
View Post
Damn dude... I didn't have any idea about the LS-RP drama but reading all this makes me feel really sorry for you. You got screwed over royally. I'm sure there are other communities out there that deserve your talents and dedication if you ever considered to come back. But seems you're doing well enjoying life. Best of luck!
Honestly I'd rather it be a learning lesson rather than something to pity me for. I met an amazing amount of people, I learned a lot about myself that I didn't realize previously before, and overall the experience I went through throughout the years there I would not trade for the world...maybe!

And hi Danny! lol

Quote:
View Post
Honestly I'd rather it be a learning lesson rather than something to pity me for. I met an amazing amount of people, I learned a lot about myself that I didn't realize previously before, and overall the experience I went through throughout the years there I would not trade for the world...maybe!

And hi Danny! lol
Are you thinking of returning back to SA-MP aka the roleplay genre in the future? And what type of community would you like to associate yourself with if you do so?

Never knew LS-RP had so much drama, hope that they will be able to revive the server again.

edit;
this is my 666 post

Quote:
View Post

And hi Danny! lol
Hey! Great to know you still poke your head around here.

For LS:RP not to continue it's phase of decline, new Management has to be selected.

SA-MP slowly dying confirmed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulice
View Post
I dont think so, as i am seeing all these like new R2 security update and comeback of internet tab, it is really helping in improving sa-mp and if we talk about LS-RP and NGG, they have been for a long and their journey was awesome, but now they are losing interest on it and hence coming to an end, thats the main topic.

Quote:
View Post
It's still grossing thousands of players every day. Within those thousands there are hundreds of people embarking on new ideas and new servers every week. Are there a lot of people losing interest? Maybe, but that doesn't take away from all the investments happening every single day here. We focus too much on the negatives than the positives. It's pretty sad to see so many people pack into "The End of SA-MP" topics and not showing more love to awesome ideas like this.

Plus Kye just released a security update with an update to the Player Sounds feature, which is a God send for servers with custom interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted
View Post
Hey! Great to know you still poke your head around here.
I come around pretty often I just really have nothing to talk about so I keep to myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReyoDahBoss
View Post
Are you thinking of returning back to SA-MP aka the roleplay genre in the future? And what type of community would you like to associate yourself with if you do so?
I'd like to again one day but starting a server is the time consumption I just don't have at the moment. Managing and developing for one on the go is plausible but starting one requires a lot out of me. We'll see. Roleplay or a more fleshed out Team vs Team types of servers have always been my interest.

Quote:
View Post
Well Kalcor can only anwer this question.

Please stop with the 'SA-MP is dying' shit. It's not dying at all.

SA:MP isn't dying, of course it isn't. But less and less English speaking (fluently, atleast) players are joining and more are leaving.

In terms of raw player numbers, it does seem to be dying. Once I've done my little cleanup after 0.3.7-R2 is released, the number of actual players might be only 25% of what it was 3-4 years ago.

But those that have been around for a long time know raw players numbers aren't everything. The best servers I've played on were during the 0.1/0.2 days, when servers only held around 100 players. The SA-MP player peaks during 2006-2009 were only about 4000-8000. 2010-2011 it was around 20000. If we can return to quality over quantity it should still be a decent game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
Посмотреть сообщение
If we can return to quality over quantity it should still be a decent game.
AMEN!!!

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
In terms of raw player numbers, it does seem to be dying. Once I've done my little cleanup after 0.3.7-R2 is released, the number of actual players might be only 25% of what it was 3-4 years ago.

But those that have been around for a long time know raw players numbers aren't everything. The best servers I've played on were during the 0.1/0.2 days, when servers only held around 100 players. The SA-MP player peaks during 2006-2009 were only about 4000-8000. 2010-2011 it was around 20000. If we can return to quality over quantity it should still be a decent game.
You could start by prohibiting edits from going on hosted tab, it's killing original servers in terms of getting players. Doesn't give much motivation either tbh, when lazy people can just surpass your server with no effort at all.

At the current track, servers will slowly die. I know a lot of people that gave up because of this, edits just get all the players. Quality is just going to keep going down hill.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
If we can return to quality over quantity it should still be a decent game.
Aleluya

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

I think it would be awesome if we could have a helping hand from you since you know how it was back in the days, maybe you could help the community as you said in the post below:

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Anyway, if anyone out there is running, or thinking of running, a light RP server for English speaking players, I'd be happy to sponsor the server for a while with server listings, promotions here, even pay for a dedicated server if needed. Contact me if you have something in mind.
I sent you a pm showing my project, showing part of it's potential, asking you to sponsor hosted tab, well, it's not roleplay in fact but it has a lot of potential, although you didn't reply my message.

Hey y'all! (Probably my favorite ever quote from LS:RP that Damian made! lol)

I want to start off by saying that it's crazy how spot on some of the things you mentioned in your post are accurate, not completely but pretty close. I was apart of the LS:RP staff team for roughly 6-7 years, making my way up to being a lead admin for the last year or so I was there. For the most part I really enjoyed my run in the staff team, being able to talk with so many people that shared the same interest with the community and just meeting some awesome people through my time there.

What LS:RP is lacking which is what is ultimately killing it is the people who are apart of their team just do not care for LS:RP or SA:MP. To really be able to run such a large scale server like LS:RP, you need to really love being there. That's why a lot of our higher up staff team during those times were so passionate about the server, we made sure things were running smoothly and honestly didn't take personal feelings in effect when it come to the health of the server and community.

I agree with what Damian said I thought seeing the server go down for what they've done to him and that community would bring me some type of joy, but honestly it's more upsetting and sad to see what really happened to it throughout the last 2 years. All the hours, years, that we've put into that server just seems like it's a waste of time now. A good portion, if not all of my teenager years were spent on that server and to see that it's dying because of three people who just do not care or have any love for SA:MP and LS:RP is just sickening.

@Damian you deserved that break that you had, you put in so much time, energy into that server during your time there. You were LS:RP, whether or not you agree with what I am saying. Your ideas, your projects, just your presence there is what made it. Your scripts is what revenued the most donations on that server even still to this day. The most important thing that I took away with me from LS:RP all those years was meeting you and your friendship - that will last a lifetime.

Honestly tho LS:RP's name just brings a bad taste in your mouth when you hear about it now, most of the messages I get about it nowadays are all negative and I just shrug my shoulders as I already saw it coming.

I honestly hope that there will be a rise in some role-play servers that can cater to the same mindset that we had because that's really what one of the main things is when it comes to even developing a script - you need to really love what you're doing.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
You could start by prohibiting edits from going on hosted tab, it's killing original servers in terms of getting players. Doesn't give much motivation either tbh, when lazy people can just surpass your server with no effort at all.

At the current track, servers will slowly die. I know a lot of people that gave up because of this, edits just get all the players. Quality is just going to keep going down hill.
Let's just get rid of the hosted tab alltogether, so many people are reselling it and screwing people with it.

Oh Aero! Great to hear from you aswell!

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

Maybe (for sure) some updates (using some of those ideas http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.ph...77#post3934577) will bring them back.