Community Roleplay Server

Hi there people

I see lot of threads here like "is samp dead", "why is samp dead" - hell, even I'm a bit down knowing that great servers are dying.

But I had an Idea - why instead of crying about this and that, why don't we open unique roleplay script, with anyone as idea source with only few developers, including myself.

Just saying

Because that has never been done before!! :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansrutger
Посмотреть сообщение
Because that has never been done before!! :O
are you being sarcastic?

if not - then that's one more reason to do it

Sorry mate but I was sarcastic. Opening a server is a lot more than just finding the right scripters. By all means mate, if you want to go ahead and open a server, feel free to but it's not going to solve anything. There are a lot of servers out there that aren't willing to die. Adding one more server, solely because "samp is dying" is not going to help at all lol.

Well - it won't be my first server
I do have great experience and I do know what it takes to actually manage everything after script is done and server is live. But I don't see why wouldn't some one who likes playing be part of something they can alter?

My idea is to make people say what would they like to see, and then periodical vote for top 5 features ...

I have that policy in my server and it was never properly utilised, not even when it was peaking.

Wow, like no one /ever/ tried that.

You see. People love to complain, that is a human nature, however, when presented with something they actually want they begin to push it away because they linger to the good old times.
We are incapable of leaving the past where it belongs, with it inability to accept new things.

No matter how many times there will be a new roleplay server with unique script and ideas, it will never be populated with players, why? Simple. Because so many of us accomplished so much somewhere else its too difficult to leave it.

I'm partially to be blamed for abandoning many things for reason I have, however, good luck whoever is out there trying.

If you want something unique, don't suggest roleplay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
Why the fuck does it have to be a roleplay server?
Because role play servers are at the center of SA:MP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Kane
Посмотреть сообщение
Because role play servers are at the center of SA:MP.
I tend to disagree. Even if it currently is, why not make a change?

Quote:
View Post
Majority of servers on SA-MP as for today are non-rp servers. SA-MP seen a major decline with roleplay servers and its population as for years ago you would only see roleplay servers themselves and thats is when many people would agree to say "Don't make a roleplay server"

However, can't blame OP for wanting to create something he /loves/ or /enjoy/, besides trying to force your opinion and taste into someone's mouth it would be far more mature to discuss it.

Change? What change to be exact? There isn't much to change, be it with RP "unique" script/idea or non-RP. They are all the same and orbit the same ideology, they will never be unique unless its the lore. Script doesn't make a server unique, its the atmosphere, staff and the lore itself. Script is just a sweetener.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNorton
View Post
can't blame OP for wanting to create something he /loves/ or /enjoy/, besides trying to force your opinion and taste into someone's mouth it would be far more mature to discuss it.
I'm not trying to force anything into anyone. If he wants to do something, then by all means he should do it his way.
The thing is he's calling everyone out to take part of something HE likes.
That's the main problem with his idea. You can't satisfy everyone, because not everyone is into roleplay.
Sure, there hasn't been much development into roleplay. Everywhere you look you always find servers running variations of the same goddamn script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNorton
View Post
Change? What change to be exact? There isn't much to change, be it with RP "unique" script/idea or non-RP. They are all the same and orbit the same ideology, they will never be unique unless its the lore. Script doesn't make a server unique, its the atmosphere, staff and the lore itself. Script is just a sweetener.
You can't change much in roleplay at this point, but there are many other possibilities. That's why I'm asking the question "why roleplay?" If you want something unique from top to bottom, you need to start with something fresh. A completely new type of server.

Quote:
View Post
I think that however many CoD/CS:GO/Battlefield/insert_FPS_game_here type of servers there will be - someone even started a thread about PUGB in SA-MP - roleplay genre will never have its own game at least not from what I can see. There are board games such as Dungeons and Dragons, fine. There are even roleplay servers in World of Warcraft where in some guilds you can roleplay freaking Stormwind guard if that's what you wish. But a "realistic" roleplay game, I have not seen yet. Maybe there are and I am just not well informed or well advertised in the matter, but I believe that is why roleplay servers will always be something bigger in these modifications of games.

And yes I know that there are people out there who can't afford PUGB or newest CoD, I'm not stating that there shouldn't be servers with these genres, I'm just saying why I think roleplay is a big thing.