Boring ? im bored!

Код:
People come and go. The best will reply :p.
question 1 : why even if theres 16-11 players they get bored!
2 : only the old servers will be played?
3 : theres no chance for new servers? even if the script is good!
4 : how to fucking get players ?
5 : why no one is donating ?

16-20 players shouldn't get bored maybe the server is just boring.

Mostly old communities will be played more yes, there is a chance for new servers and hosted tab a nice way to advertise and donating to who?

there's donated things like vip , surnames.. etc no one cares about it and they dont donate for it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJih
Посмотреть сообщение
there's donated things like vip , surnames.. etc no one cares about it and they dont donate for it anymore.
Because donation VIP is a stupid concept that never was made to make servers less boring, but are rather wasted developement time just to earn some dollars.

1: Depends on your mode, if it's attractive and doesn't require too much player cooperation to do particular things it'd not be boring to play without players, though role-players prefer to play with many players, which is what makes them prefer old servers as they already got a decent amount of players.

2: In some modes, yes. Something like role-play requires too long hours game-play to achieve the character goals in game (houses, vehicles, businesses, and so), so it wouldn't be that much easy to migrate to another server after getting so many things or becoming an important character in a server (mostly old ones).

3: It depends on the mode again. If your script is somewhat good it wouldn't make it played by many players, even the old servers with shitty modes can have more players than great ones because players got used to it, as SA:MP forums it's getting too old but still members are used to it (talking about the layout).

4: To get players you need patience, hosted tab and advertisements (on the places designated for advertising, not just randomly going to other servers and starting to advertise). Not just patience and advertisement but a matured staff team, some members in your staff, if you don't even notice it, can result in players not being comfortable while playing, in most of staff abuse cases players tend to leave and never play the same server again which will result in bad reputation for the server as that player will yeah tell others and others to not play there cause of abuse and so.

5: No one will waste money on something new without getting old and popular, you - yourself won't risk wasting your money on something starting new which will maybe close after a few months, but when it lasts long, gets stronger, popular and greater it'll of course be profitable.

What I said above is just my opinion.

Don't copy a script that's been used for years now and players wont get bored of a repetitive script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable™
Посмотреть сообщение
1: Depends on your mode, if it's attractive and doesn't require too much player cooperation to do particular things it'd not be boring to play without players, though role-players prefer to play with many players, which is what makes them prefer old servers as they already got a decent amount of players.
There is a solution for servers that requires a big amount of players, I've faced same problem in my server We need at least 40 players otherwise the game is a bit boring so You need death matches arena/minigames examples: Minigun dm, Deagle dm and Sniper dm.

Somehow these shits helps a bit, But the solution is to make events, When i see 20-30 Players i keep making events otherwise players will leave, Once we reach 40-50 i stop making events to let players play CoD.

3. These are most likely old players, they come back because they like playing with the other old players on the server. Keeping it active as others join servers with players on it.

Hi bored, I'm fucking awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
Because donation VIP is a stupid concept that never was made to make servers less boring, but are rather wasted developement time just to earn some dollars.
^^ This... The developers of such 'schemes' did indeed waste the feature, making a group of people who get whatever they want, get direct access to admins, and in the end, are able to slew admin responses towards incidents, because they are 'VIP'.

Not to mention, 'restricted areas' exploiting interiors, 'VIP chat', and everything else that makes them 'special'.

1 : why even if theres 16-11 players they get bored!
- Like others said, depends a lot on the gamemode and what "sub-gamemodes" you have so to speak. Make sure to plan this ahead very carefully.

2 : only the old servers will be played?
- Not quite true, a lot of old servers have indeed those 200-400 players daily (namely talking about LS-RP, but it's just an example) but even they have had rough times. I remember when PR-RP was a cool server to play on and it had a lot of players, not quite sure what happened and honestly I don't want to know, but it's an example that even "old" servers aren't invincible or perfect. Maybe bad luck.

3 : theres no chance for new servers? even if the script is good!
- There is but again you have to absolutely think ahead. Players don't play SA-MP because of a script, they play it because they are entertained by something and that is usually other players. Players = action => more players. More players = more action => even more players, and so on. So it's very neat and all when you see all those extra features on a server (for instance those with 15 different jobs), but if you don't plan ahead those features won't really help your players stay on the server. Script is important, but it's not the most important essence of a server.

4 : how to get players ?
- Again, you have to have everything planned out. I have tried, in the past, to make a server based in Los Santos which had a very nice script, a non-corrupt staff and all that. But for what? When there are clearly servers out there that already have those things, plus they have players. Gotta' think ahead about those, what seem to be, small details.

5 : why no one is donating ?
- You mean purchases? I think my biggest issue with most servers is that they call it "donating" when you clearly just trade currency for one or more products, may they be virtual. Sure you are helping out the server, but still I don't see the reason why to call it donating? I suppose it's just a fancy word. Anyways, donations aren't anything wrong ever, they help the server to keep going. But you should never ever let donations be your priorities. If they are, then you really won't succeed. Now I don't know how it was for bigger communities, but I highly doubt that their first thought was "hey there is this San Andreas mod which is in beta right now, let's go and make a server so that years from now we will be able to make lots and lots of money". Maybe I'm wrong?

Edit:
In conclusion: starting a server, and honestly once you get into it scripting, is very easy compared to actually maintaining it in the "proper" way in terms of planning things out. I'm lucky I finally found a reasonable guy to run things with and I am very happy being just the scripter while he is planning things out and all I take care of is suggestions and bug reports lol. Maybe you just haven't found your partner yet but I would highly suggest to someone who wants to start a server to not do it alone, it's hard, annoying and quite frankly you don't get "paid" high enough. :P

If you are looking and waiting for people to donate, you are in the wrong business. Donations are "Donations" - you are not entitled to them.

The reason for doing things should be because you enjoy doing it.

Small servers are dying, and big servers are growing, most of them, thats just how things work in 2k17, let's hope for a better change in 2k18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ101
Посмотреть сообщение
If you are looking and waiting for people to donate, you are in the wrong business. Donations are "Donations" - you are not entitled to them.

The reason for doing things should be because you enjoy doing it.
of course i enjoy it

Think of it as a player, you would've done the same. If you are making a new server add some interesting objects in it, some highly customised building and epic features, ofcourse the players are gonna rise from 0 to 80 in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxygenated
Посмотреть сообщение
Think of it as a player, you would've done the same. If you are making a new server add some interesting objects in it, some highly customised building and epic features, ofcourse the players are gonna rise from 0 to 80 in a few days.
nice idea thanks bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansrutger
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't see the reason why to call it donating?
Tax reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Tax reasons.
well, this reply is for him: i call it donation because they help me to pay server related bills

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJih
Посмотреть сообщение
well, this reply is for him: i call it donation because they help me to pay server related bills
Yeah you go to a store and you buy a Coca Cola, you've done a great job donating money both to the store and the company producing the soda. You should feel proud mate!

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah you go to a store and you buy a Coca Cola, you've done a great job donating money both to the store and the company producing the soda. You should feel proud mate!
This is what I did with my donations 😂

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
well i donate to servers that make me enjoy and gave me chance to roleplay, they did an effort