Best Forum Software?

I know there are many forum softwares available, some are free while some are paid.
I heard of vBulletin to be best but recently heard of IPB, Xenforo and many other.
I know, many of you have used or using a forum software for any purpose.So, what do you think, which forum is best?

NOTE: Consider both paid and free.

Answers:
Free :- MyBB, SMF, phpBB
Paid :- Xenforo, IPB

phpBB in my opinion.

And it's free.
https://www.phpbb.com/

SMF is the best for me.

SMF.

For my SA-MP servers, I always used phpBB and XenForo. I used MyBB like once or twice, and I wouldn't suggest that. IPB/VBulletin are good but the prices..

This has already been discussed countless times. vBulletin used to be the standard, but no longer. Quality suffered greatly when IB took over Jellsoft. They also charge you for every upgrade unlike other companies.

Also take this advice to heart: DO NOT use nulled versions of paid forum software. When you buy the software you have to enter the web address that you host the forum on so the vendor can verify that you're allowed to run the software. If you use a nulled version you risk having your forum shut down, among other sanctions.

XenForo if you want to pay for it, also Discourse (free) seems good.

SMF and MyBB are bad and have ugly themes.

Discourse & Flarum (beta) ftw.

Xenforo for me but for free my favourite free forum software would be smf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulice
Посмотреть сообщение
SMF and MyBB are bad and have ugly themes.
Cause you was too lazy to browse g00gle And find a perfect theme for SMF/MyBB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianlouise
Посмотреть сообщение
Or he's too lazy to make his own theme Albeit, Xenforo and MyBB are my favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianlouise
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, your theme is ugly tbh (we're in the material design era, update). At least I'm not lazy enough to run a server with an edit/downloaded script lol

MyBB: ok.
phpBB: bug's in themes, mod's and extensions.
SMF: ok.
vBulletin: ok.
XenForo: idk.

I use MyBB, work perfectly, this have nice plugins/extensions updated at these dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulice
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, your theme is ugly tbh (we're in the material design era, update). At least I'm not lazy enough to run a server with an edit/downloaded script lol
At least i could run a server not like someone else still searching for someone to buy his copied shits.

I already said bo3 is not an edit nor downloaded.
Each time i reply he start crying and call my server 'downloaded'.

Go find something else to do retarded kiddo

Stop arguing..

IPB ^^

Mybb looks fine.

MyBB, PHPBB, Xenforo

I instantly fell in love with Xenforo the moment I saw it.

If you want something free then of course pick phpBB, as far as functionality goes, I believe that for SA-MP servers where you have to have a lot of usergroups usually, phpBB goes a very long way. I'm using Xenforo because I just think it's very clean and easy to get into, but again it costs but once you pay you have it forever, unlike IPB.