Why the internet list must be back

Hello guys, What i am going to tell you is totally different i am not spamming or saying same thing asking when this bug will be fixed, Kalcor already given us a valid reason to turn off the internet list But turning it off is the worst thing,

Somehow the reason why so many servers disappeared is the internet list bug
if i am a popular server's owner who is no longer interested in his server and going to leave SA-MP there won't be a problem for me to keep the server up and pay $1-3 per month for the server host (Which will be in internet list) if players are enjoying it, But no i won't pay more than $24 per month to keep something that i don't care of alive.

Haven't you guys noticed people these days kept using same GameModes ?
Why we can only see these GameModes on hosted tab:
CnR/Freeroam/COD/Gang Wars/RP/AVT That's all
Let me tell you the reason, I would host a unique GameMode that is not popular but no i won't pay $24 for nothing
So i pay it for a COD GameMode which will bring me a good playerbase instead.

But if there was a second list for free i will host the both a popular & a unique GM and see which one will bring me more.

Then think which one i will put on hosted tab.

Third reason is i always wanted to make a 2nd server which is a Cluckin bell Vs Burger shop TDM Server
Somehow i don't have that much money to put 2 servers on hosted tab so i will put my favorite server there
The 2nd will be in the internet list having a small playerbase.
But because of the bug i cannot make a 2nd server.

There are so many solution for the internet list, Turning it off is not a solution but an easy way that is decreasing playerbase of SA-MP.
I am tired of these same gameModes SA-MP became boring we all want something new
These days all unique GameModes gets released and none use them.

Uhm, I agree with the fact that it will affect the players ratio, And to get a good player-base you need to spend a lot of bucks actually as a start off for example take 6 months as probationary period and go ahead see if you're growing or no and check what is causing players to leave.

when internet list was in samp i almost never used it ... it was loading forever and navigating it was a pain due to the amount of servers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallee
View Post
when internet list was in samp i almost never used it ... it was loading forever and navigating it was a pain due to the amount of servers
It was pain due to the amount of the servers in internet list before, But it's not pain browsing internet/hosted list these days to find 300 edit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [HLF]Southclaw
View Post
Anyone can list their server here now: http://samp.southcla.ws

No need for a laggy in-client browser that puts pressure on Kalcor to maintain. More info: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.ph...55#post3925255
60% of SA-MP players are Russians/Spanish who don't speak english who would never see this tool, So somehow these tools aren't going to help.

They're able to make a damn applications for the internet list instead of announce 1.
There won't be fake servers with fake shits.

People who don't give a fuck about the internet don't know how necessary it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianlouise
View Post
As Kalcor said, the internet list for 0.3.7 brought problems to the table; therefore, it has been disabled. It has to be monitored, although after 11 years him and the beta testers don't see the pros being over the cons due to all the fakery being done (and if you're asking, no, probably only beta testers can uphold this task).

Other alternates (such as applying) is a dead idea. More waste of time. Pay for hosted tab if your server is worth the bucks (as he also said, no-one is going to pay to list a fake server with fake players).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulice
View Post
As Kalcor said, the internet list for 0.3.7 brought problems to the table; therefore, it has been disabled. It has to be monitored, although after 11 years him and the beta testers don't see the pros being over the cons due to all the fakery being done (and if you're asking, no, probably only beta testers can uphold this task).

Other alternates (such as applying) is a dead idea. More waste of time. Pay for hosted tab if your server is worth the bucks (as he also said, no-one is going to pay to list a fake server with fake players).
The damn internet list issue caused the death of many GameModes that's why SA-MP became boring Players are tired of the same thing.
Application is a bad idea, But turning off the internet list is the worst one.
None will pay for unique GameModes

Quote:
View Post
60% of SA-MP players are Russians/Spanish who don't speak english who would never see this tool, So somehow these tools aren't going to help.
The whole sa-mp thing is english to start with. Why wouldn't they see that tool? It's on the community to make it popular tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toroi
View Post
The whole sa-mp thing is english to start with. Why wouldn't they see that tool? It's on the community to make it popular tho.
Possible, But don't you think enabling internet list is much easier :v

Samp is dead(I use the term 'dead' not for the playerbase). The Development is done, no updates are coming, therefore Internet Tab isn't coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splodyf23
View Post
Samp is dead(I use the term 'dead' not for the playerbase). The Development is done, no updates are coming, therefore Internet Tab isn't coming back
Stop saying bullshits, I just made this thread to show kalcor how necessary internet list is, Not to start spamming calling samp dead. Even if kalcor update samp there won't be a big change, If we cannot make a GameMode simillar to Cs Go in 0.3.7 We won't be able to make it even in 1.0.0

Quote:
View Post
The damn internet list issue caused the death of many GameModes that's why SA-MP became boring Players are tired of the same thing.
Application is a bad idea, But turning off the internet list is the worst one.
None will pay for unique GameModes
You are completely wrong and just complaining about having to pay.

(I'm fine with having it back, but it's not something SA-MP needs to survive) When the internet tab was there, people rarely used it. This was the analogy they followed:

- Internet tab - Servers that may or may not stay online for more than a month
- Hosted tab - Servers that will stay online 'forever'; thus, why everyone used it instead

I acknowledge that there are plenty of people using edits, which I wish wouldn't be a thing. But if people pay to have edits listed, then imagine the internet tab spammed with edits... So no, I see no use for it atm.

Quote:
View Post
Stop saying bullshits, I just made this thread to show kalcor how necessary internet list is, Not to start spamming calling samp dead. Even if kalcor update samp there won't be a big change, If we cannot make a GameMode simillar to Cs Go in 0.3.7 We won't be able to make it even in 1.0.0
A CS:GO recreation is more than possible, but the gameplay won't be the same. Sort of lame compared to the actual game if you ask me. It's also easier to cheat in GTA SA, you have teleport cheats, airbreak, aimbot and eh... just bad.

Quote:
View Post
You are completely wrong and just complaining about having to pay.

(I'm fine with having it back, but it's not something SA-MP needs to survive) When the internet tab was there, people rarely used it. This was the analogy they followed:

- Internet tab - Servers that may or may not stay online for more than a month
- Hosted tab - Servers that will stay online 'forever'; thus, why everyone used it instead

I acknowledge that there are plenty of people using edits, which I wish wouldn't be a thing. But if people pay to have edits listed, then imagine the internet tab spammed with edits... So no, I see no use for it atm.

A CS:GO recreation is more than possible, but the gameplay won't be the same. Sort of lame compared to the actual game if you ask me. It's also easier to cheat in GTA SA, you have teleport cheats, airbreak, aimbot and eh... just bad.
About CS:GO it was just an example, Second i am not complaining about having to pay, I can keep my server on hosted tab for so much time, As a community owner i would be happy to have my server and just 300 can be seen in the Hosted/Internet list (My playerbase will increase), But as a player i ll be tired of these shits.
They can find many volunteers to take care of it. Also if it is pain for you to browse million servers you can just check the hosted tab Leave the internet one for people who wanna find some different.

As I said before, make some sort of authorization for the servers so listing the server will require some manual work (grabbing an auth token from an REGISTERED account on sa-mp.com etc and using it in the server) and the fakery will drastically disappear (I mean the fake servers, not fake players. I cannot think of any solution against fake players at this moment). SAMP Team already wastes their time confirming newly registered accounts here (Idk why tho) so why not make use of that?

Hosted tab is just highly overpriced, at least for fresh starting servers that don't have any budget. I won't be paying that much each MONTH for something that virtually gives me nothing more than 32 bits of space on some web server. My ISP charges me less, and I'm using it intensively each day.

Quote:
View Post
About CS:GO it was just an example, Second i am not complaining about having to pay, I can keep my server on hosted tab for so much time, As a community owner i would be happy to have my server and just 300 can be seen in the Hosted/Internet list (My playerbase will increase), But as a player i ll be tired of these shits.
They can find many volunteers to take care of it. Also if it is pain for you to browse million servers you can just check the hosted tab Leave the internet one for people who wanna find some different.
Serious servers will pay hosted tab.

I do agree that the internet tab will help keep servers online longer, but still. It will just be better if hosted tab's cost is lowered.

Quote:
View Post
Serious servers will pay hosted tab.

I do agree that the internet tab will help keep servers online longer, but still. It will just be better if hosted tab's cost is lowered.
Agreed hosted tab is for serious servers but now because of the internet list problem hosted tab is just for servers.
The rest aren't even servers/Communities but an empty host that is up with a GameMode.
Turning on the internet list will make hosted tab an official list, It will be nice if there will be apps. they can hire volunteers like they hired moderators for no english board.

Quote:
View Post
He released an update about a week ago, bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoky
View Post
He released an update about a week ago, bud.
That was just a quick server-side fix. For 2 years we didn't even know if he's visiting the forum or not. No statements about any updates, internet tab, no information at all. If we're the people that keep this mod alive, we really should be able to know AT LEAST whether it's still being worked on or if it's just end of life. There is totally no point of hiding in some cave for 2 years ignoring all the spam regarding updates, internet tab and other stuff, just because you don't care enough to explain what's going on. It only causes more spam and anger coming towards you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotSILENT
View Post
That was just a quick server-side fix. For 2 years we didn't even know if he's visiting the forum or not. No statements about any updates, internet tab, no information at all. If we're the people that keep this mod alive, we really should be able to know AT LEAST whether it's still being worked on or if it's just end of life. There is totally no point of hiding in some cave for 2 years ignoring all the spam regarding updates, internet tab and other stuff, just because you don't care enough to explain what's going on. It only causes more spam and anger coming towards you.
Just because there's a mad herd of you spamming the 'need' for updates, when there is no need, they won't come...

But when they are needed, it gets fixed relatively quickly.

Quote:
View Post
You didn't get my point, Kalcor is hardly going to notice this bro, calm down. Im not calling SAMP dead, you got me wrong. I enjoy samp as much as you, And I acknowledge samp even puts GTA V Online to shame with its playerbase. But Internet tab has a thick chance of returning to samp.

Quote:
View Post
You didn't get my point, Kalcor is hardly going to notice this bro, calm down. Im not calling SAMP dead, you got me wrong. I enjoy samp as much as you, And I acknowledge samp even puts GTA V Online to shame with its playerbase. But Internet tab has a thick chance of returning to samp.
'Hardly' ? I can browse the whole SA-MP forum in a second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
It's possible the internet list could come back at some point.