Do you think creating samp server is profitable?

I know some of you make server as hobbies and fun but does it possible to make server really profitable in money?

I mean almost samp players are young and got no money, unlike minecraft players they are young but they got money and would buy premium with no shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinta
Посмотреть сообщение
I know some of you make server as hobbies and fun but does it possible to make server really profitable in money?

I mean almost samp players are young and got no money, unlike minecraft players they are young but they got money and would buy premium with no shit
Well, to be honest, making a SA:MP server just for money is not good at all, that's first.

However, if you start a server for fun, and get tons of players, I'm sure some of them will buy ranks.

Nowadays no, Even myself i opened a RP server just for fun and good player base that's all, I am not expecting any donations tho.

No. Free2play is bullshit, and servers created with money in mind are bullshit.

There is difference between creating and creating. Any idiot can download a run-of-the-mill gamemode and run a server with it. Perhaps they change a few things here and there but that is not "creating" in my book. Most of the time the main motivation of these people seems to be either power or money. These types of servers rarely succeed because the "creator" doesn't know how to create anything new by himself or even how to fix some very apparent bugs in the mode they're using.

Popular servers have distanced themselves because their developers know what they are doing. If you're very lucky you may make enough from donations to eventually break even and if you're extremely lucky you may even get something extra. But don't expect to make a full time living out of it.

Now, no, unless you have a very very very HUGE player-base, but still, not profitable.

Money is a by product of doing what you love. Don't do something because it makes you money, do something that you love doing. It is possible to profit a bit off a sa-mp server, a small server with around 50 players might earn an extra $20 per month. If you create a server to make money, I 100% guarentee you it will fail in the first few weeks.

The best you can hope is for that server to sustain itself.

Not if you just plan to create a server for money, which will most likely end up closing after a month due to lack of interest. Moreover, to get profits you'd need to make something big, which would cost money in case you can't provide what the players need, if you ignore player needs you'll end up with bad reputation and lack of players.

Starting a server needs experienced and dedicated development team, people who know what players want - not what they want. If you start by paying for cheap things, without knowledge and with a team without interest/skill in what you are doing, you'll never get profits.

nah you must have a good player-base first so some players would buy VIP ranks or something but it's not profitable all the money will go to your VPS/hosted tab

Minecraft and SA-MP are not comparable. I myself ran a very successful (and yes, very profitable) Minecraft community from 2012-2014, I would never be able to do that here; it's not feasible.

Get a decent script in play with a decent playerbase and sell admin status, only way to make money really. Although your server will eventually go to sh*t and people will start hating in the long run.

Yes (only by VIP levels and not admin levels as someone stated)

However don't expect it to be your job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLearner
View Post
Yes (only by VIP levels and not admin levels as someone stated)

However don't expect it to be your job.
No-one will buy VIP unless you give them 50% to 100% advantage over other players. In my book it's the same as selling admin status.

You can relate with your CnR server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo
Посмотреть сообщение
Nowadays no, Even myself i opened a RP server just for fun and good player base that's all, I am not expecting any donations tho.
I've seen your server, it's pretty shocking. The mapping is askew and out of place, plain, too much open space... a concrete floored park?! Come on. The first player I saw ran up to me and started acting like a mong, there's not even a basic RP test to filter the idiots out, and the players in your police faction are really, really bad. I left after fifteen minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo
Посмотреть сообщение
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamslj
Посмотреть сообщение
I've seen your server, it's pretty shocking. The mapping is askew and out of place, plain, too much open space... a concrete floored park?! Come on. The first player I saw ran up to me and started acting like a mong, there's not even a basic RP test to filter the idiots out, and the players in your police faction are really, really bad. I left after fifteen minutes.
Exactly, his server is straight trash - same standards as OGRP.

Honestly the people saying no are most likely those who ran a server for like 2 weeks with an edited script that nearly 80 % of SA-MP servers use. Has anyone actually ran a server for at least 6-12 months without closing?