Client sided AC.

Hello,

I had a question in my mind that I was unsure about, the client sided AC.

Now most people around here agree to the fact I shouldn't force an client sided AC on all users but how about on those who are suspected?

Now just an example, a user gets banned because an admins thinks he's cheating but the user claims its some kind of bug by samp or server and they can't reach a conclusion, should I ask him to use client sided AC? If so for how long?

I've a lot of situations where users disagree to the fact they cheat and we can't reach a decent ending.

nobody will admit they have used cheats so don't expect decent endings lol .. as for client-sided ac people will tell you things like "im not gonna download something so i can play blabla" but a dozen servers are doing this and they're doing fine

No compassion if you can conclusively prove they cheated. They knew what they were doing and knew the possible consequences of their actions.

What I tend to do is only hand out temporary bans. The key herein is that the ban time gets longer each time. Either an exponential or a logarithmic function can be used for this depending on the needs. It could even be as simple a formula as: 4.3709 to the power of the number of previous bans. The first ban will always be 1 day (because anything to the power of zero is 1), the second will be 5 days, the third will be 20 days, the fourth will already be 84 days and the fifth will be a year (365 days). The sixth one is approximately four years. While there is actually still an expiry date it can be regarded as semi-permanent.

The idea is that you can be fairly sure that a player is cheating if he or she is caught multiple times. Either by an admin or the anti-cheat.

If you can't prove he cheated, you let them go. If it happens again, you give the ultimatum:
"Solve your shit, or you're out." Whatever happens in his computer, the problem is at his end, not yours.
It's a matter of server security, and you can't have your staff wasting their time constantly trying to figure this out.
From this point forward, it's his problem and if he gets banned, it's because he ignored you.

Should I go with something like samp-ac or some custom self-made one?

Make it an optional factor or make a dedicated server for those who use it (if you can manage to get a steady playerbase of legit users that agree).

As an optional factor, players with the anti-cheat in place are except from being punished for cheating and they can only be punished for minor reasons (disrespecting, abusing, etc.). There are a lot of shitty admins out there, this in place will make a great difference. Although, there are some players that will deny cheating while they do and it would just be annoying for those who have the anti-cheat, so a dedicated server for those with the anti-cheat is also something I would consider or take into consideration if I were you.

This is a thought, but you'll need to find a way to proof against any of the existing hacks
It would be nice if it would be open source as well, besides the benefits of an open source, closed source means that its existing will solely be dependent of your server lifespan.

Because you brought that up, now I'd like to look into this.

As I noticed samp-ac isn't open source, issues and development is dependent on a single developer who I am not sure if is active anymore.

But it gave me a thought that, querying flood happens, so why not separate the client querying and outside querying, so if outside querying it won't effect the client querying?
In other words, even if the outside querying is flooded, the client will always show that the server is online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLearner
Посмотреть сообщение
Hello,

I had a question in my mind that I was unsure about, the client sided AC.

Now most people around here agree to the fact I shouldn't force an client sided AC on all users but how about on those who are suspected?

Now just an example, a user gets banned because an admins thinks he's cheating but the user claims its some kind of bug by samp or server and they can't reach a conclusion, should I ask him to use client sided AC? If so for how long?

I've a lot of situations where users disagree to the fact they cheat and we can't reach a decent ending.
If I see a player fly then kick him and he says I wasn't flying it's a bug, I'll say "Well you are the only one with this bug and whatever we don't want people flying, bug or not, so fix your game or get kicked" But they are just using hacks and don't want to admit it!

So, what's then stopping these cheaters from modifying that client to send spoofed data? Serious question.

I started working on basic AC on my own but j really don't have any idea what features / things to add (without being an ass on user PC)