Nvidia Quadro 600

Hei, yesterday I just bought a new processor with a new GPU. However, the shopkeeper claims that the GPU has 2512mb memory and yes, It's showing in system specs but still I made a short look on the Nvidia site for my satisfaction. There I found this GPU contains 1024mb memory and nothing I can find related to 2GB of memory.

So my question is, Is it possible to edit the GPU memory mentioned by default on system specs? Like its 1024mb and someone changed it to 2512mb just to scam or something?

This could be a silly question maybe but I think, each reply might help me out.

Are you sure you haven't missed a letter, as it could be a P600, not just a 600...

What's the brand name of it anyway, not just the chipset. Throw up the entire details of the GFX card if you have them handy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
Are you sure you haven't missed a letter, as it could be a P600, not just a 600...

What's the brand name of it anyway, not just the chipset. Throw up the entire details of the GFX card if you have them handy.
Here is it:

Not quite what I asked... Did they install it for you, or did it come with the machine, and what type of machine is it if that's the case...

Should go into device manager and screenshot that listing.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Not quite what I asked... Did they install it for you, or did it come with the machine, and what type of machine is it if that's the case...

Should go into device manager and screenshot that listing.
Yeah, the shopkeeper installed it for me externally.
Here are the SS:

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

quadros are workstation cards so there aren't any aftermarket cards

Why buy a Quadro though? They're good for CAD but they suck for gaming. Is it possible that the card has reserved 1,5 GB of system RAM in addition to 1 GB VRAM? Open resource monitor (type perfmon.exe in start/search). Go to memory tab and see if there is a gray "system reserved" portion. On my system it's just 75 MB which is negligible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Why buy a Quadro though? They're good for CAD but they suck for gaming. Is it possible that the card has reserved 1,5 GB of system RAM in addition to 1 GB VRAM? Open resource monitor (type perfmon.exe in start/search). Go to memory tab and see if there is a gray "system reserved" portion. On my system it's just 75 MB which is negligible.

Isn't is good to run CS:GO atleast?

I doubt it, to be honest. That card has even less CUDA cores than a 9800 GT which came out two years earlier (2008) and which is currently listed as the minimum spec for a lot of games.

If you can return it, then return it and get GT 1030 or GTX 1050 which comes in same price range.