Worth creating an RP server?

With it being 2017, and several active RP servers going, in different locations too, is it really worth investing time and money into making another RP server for SA-MP?

Right now, I feel like I need feedback from the community itself as it's the only source as of now.

From what I've seen is that RP servers are only a target for hacking, trolling and shooting. I've also seen the RP quality has degraded over the past year or two, and the RP genre is not as enforcement in terms of realism.

* I know this may sound like I am bashing the RP genre, but I am not, I'm just saying what I see is negative in this gamemode, I feel demotivated seeing the above just displayed in 2017. Is this just specific servers I'm looking at or is this an overall effect to the RP gamemode?

So, what do you think? Is it worth the time and money, or not?

Thanks!

If you'll enjoy the journey, go for it.

Yes, got time to spare? Spare it on something useful, work hard on your gamemode,
Good luck

It's only worth it if you're going to bring something new to the table. Don't worry about your server being "unique" and "dynamic" which a lot of roleplay servers like to include in their advertisements, but overall they're nothing like that. Just make a standard roleplay server that a lot of people can enjoy and have fun on. Put a good amount of effort into the server too, then people would accept stick around on your server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakerhead
Посмотреть сообщение
It's only worth it if you're going to bring something new to the table.
Not at all. You do not need to create something new to make it worth your time. If you'll enjoy starting a server, then do it. If you just want players and don't give a damn about anything, get a released gamemode, bad staff, etc. If you want money, then don't do it. If you are lazy (98.99% of members here), then don't do it. That's as simply as it can be.

I'm currently working in a roleplay server on a standalone tropical island map.
However, my server won't become dynamic or whatever, dynamic servers are in most cases just chaos.
None knows how to roleplay, and if you know how to roleplay it will be hard to find someone who can too.
Because of that reason I decided to make my server a hard roleplay server, in that way it stays stable.
Just don't change the rules and punish litteraly everyone who breaks them, without exceptions for new players.
In that way everyone can roleplay how they are supposed to roleplay without any interьption of newbies.

Also some tips if you want to become succesfull with a roleplay server:
- Have a budget for the server, can be as expensive as $150,00 and as less as $20,00. (To avoid unfinished work)
- Make a deathline for the server to finish, so scripters (or you) can work structured towards it.
- Put enough effort in the server and pay attention, also take care of gramatical errors.
- Make sure that your players have knowledge how to roleplay, to avoid interьptions.
- Do not make VIP rewards that effect your wealth, statics or invetory in-game. (Makes it to simple to be wealthy)
- An server developement team, if you find a bug the server its own scripters / mappers team is there to help.
- A professional admin team, rules are rules, if you don't follow them you'll be punished in any way.
- Have a structured forum so the server players can easy find their way around and mustn't search to much.
- Make the script understandable, and have staff that is willing to help newer players getting started.
- Important: No refunds from any other servers.

All in one: Plan before starting with it and make the server not to hard for players who get started,
And not to simple for players who have a lot of experience with roleplay. (Else they're bored!)
Also don't make the server more simple by having different rules for newbies & experienced players.
Having differend rules would make chaos between players who hear the rules from other players.
Be hard as administrator, follow your server rules and make the players do the same.

This is what a server should have, but also make sure to don't make it like a dictatorship.
The most important thing on a server is that players can have fun on it.

Yes it worth.
But you need a decent staff team.
Now everyone is becoming an admin to gain powers and abuse it.
I've been working with Danny Hernandez (Former UIF Co - Owner) in Freedom roleplay.
And it ended like shit, We had 5 admins on the rich list they used their powers to gain money.
So our 35 playerbase dropped to 5 then we closed the server.

I am really looking for a server with a mature owner to work with.

If you are interested in starting a server then PM me.
I am looking to work with someone who isnt a kid like Pedro ElArmah (Ultimate RP Founder).

I can get you some players too.

Create a server which you'll enjoy playing yourself, otherwise there's not much point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4RR1s
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes it worth.
I've been working with Danny Hernandez (Former UIF Co - Owner) in Freedom roleplay.
And it ended like shit, We had 5 admins on the rich list they used their powers to gain money.

I am looking to work with someone who isnt a kid like Pedro ElArmah (Ultimate RP Founder)
Maybe you can try to see my server
Direction Real Life Roleplay

Goto the forum and PM me..
Find my name on the Team Section ..
My forum name is Kakashi and my Ingame Name is Ayame Sakuragi

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4RR1s
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes it worth.

I am looking to work with someone who isnt a kid like Pedro ElArmah (Ultimate RP Founder).

Try it here : 50-80 Daily , decreasing from 11 o'clock above