Hosted Tab ToS

When I was surfing game-mp.com I saw the rules:

a) That you are over the age of 18 years.
b) That servers listed on your account are owned or leased by you, or you lease the IP address associated with the listing.

I see dozens of servers are ignoring this two rules. I have IP addresses including what I said. So I reported them twice to support@game-mp.com with mail but noone cared about that. You could check from whois. Some of them belong to a company called "Fiberserver"(they are not provide, they lease VPS from OVH) and others belong to one person even not a official company. It is not legal in Turkey because he does not pay tax for it. Please do what your rules reqiure.

Here is IP list: https://pastebin.com/QgDWWsPp
Here is the seller: https://pastebin.com/cc3GkCv9
Here is another seller(not even a company): https://pastebin.com/3MPPDaSQ

Well aren't you a partypooper. Think of which battles you pick carefully before entering them because you had a choice but let me tell you a few things. Breaking a ToS is never ever right thing to do but sometimes, for a the better good of multiple parties, it's an actual good thing to do.

Look at it this way. Let's say that I don't have my own game-mp account and I would need to pay someone else 25 USD (something like that I'm guess?) to put my server on hosted tab. Who benefits? Everyone except for crybabies. Let me break it down even further:
  • Seller of hosted listings gets money - win
  • Game-MP receives money - win
  • Server who is being hosted gets more recognition - win
  • SA-MP community as a whole gets more creators creating things hoping that there is a way to get higher population, not to even mention that this keeps also players who have game-mp accounts to continue selling and making SA-MP indirectly active (not the major factor but still a minor one) - win
Now you decide to go SA-MP forums with this intention of yours to destroy a piece of this big outcome, probably without even acknowledging it in the first place, just to get an ego boost and feel good that you destroy it for a few players, servers or scripters who put a lot of effort in their gamemodes. Now this isn't always the case, that a hosted server will absolutely get players or they will even have scripters who cares about the gamemode, but I'd guess that in some cases there are.

So next time you decide to pick a battle, make sure you get something more than an ego boost out of it, because that won't make SA-MP stay alive for as long as it can.

"leased by you" covers the usage of VPSes, so really that shits on your entire post of "belong to a company"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansrutger
View Post
Well aren't you a partypooper. Think of which battles you pick carefully before entering them because you had a choice but let me tell you a few things. Breaking a ToS is never ever right thing to do but sometimes, for a the better good of multiple parties, it's an actual good thing to do.

Look at it this way. Let's say that I don't have my own game-mp account and I would need to pay someone else 25 USD (something like that I'm guess?) to put my server on hosted tab. Who benefits? Everyone except for crybabies. Let me break it down even further:
  • Seller of hosted listings gets money - win
  • Game-MP receives money - win
  • Server who is being hosted gets more recognition - win
  • SA-MP community as a whole gets more creators creating things hoping that there is a way to get higher population, not to even mention that this keeps also players who have game-mp accounts to continue selling and making SA-MP indirectly active (not the major factor but still a minor one) - win
Now you decide to go SA-MP forums with this intention of yours to destroy a piece of this big outcome, probably without even acknowledging it in the first place, just to get an ego boost and feel good that you destroy it for a few players, servers or scripters who put a lot of effort in their gamemodes. Now this isn't always the case, that a hosted server will absolutely get players or they will even have scripters who cares about the gamemode, but I'd guess that in some cases there are.

So next time you decide to pick a battle, make sure you get something more than an ego boost out of it, because that won't make SA-MP stay alive for as long as it can.
+REP !

Who's this hurting and who cares?

When sellers sell listings to players, they send a kind of ToS, which states that they are giving partial ownership of their server to lister (this is just formality).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
View Post
"leased by you" covers the usage of VPSes, so really that shits on your entire post of "belong to a company"
I forgot to add "they are not provider, just leasing from someone else and lease to someone else." And I have no purpose to destroy something. Just saying they are breaking the rules. Do not mad at me.

We are not angry or mad but we (or well at least I) highly suggested that you see this as an opportunity of learning. I once had a good intention of bringing justice against rule breakers, in a community, people who abused a certain game in a way to benefit themselves. I didn't think it would hurt anyone, I just wanted people to play fairly. This intention of mine, although just like yours didn't seem too bad, made it to be one of the bigger causes of why a whole community fell down. I'm not saying this because "oh I'm so powerful I can destroy communities omg watch out for me!!" I'm saying this simply because I now know that picking every single fight is not worth it in the long run so instead of just doing what I think is good intention, I look ahead and see if it's really going to benefit more than destroy... Even if that means upholding my "good" intentions.

Quote:
View Post
We are not angry or mad but we (or well at least I) highly suggested that you see this as an opportunity of learning. I once had a good intention of bringing justice against rule breakers, in a community, people who abused a certain game in a way to benefit themselves. I didn't think it would hurt anyone, I just wanted people to play fairly. This intention of mine, although just like yours didn't seem too bad, made it to be one of the bigger causes of why a whole community fell down. I'm not saying this because "oh I'm so powerful I can destroy communities omg watch out for me!!" I'm saying this simply because I now know that picking every single fight is not worth it in the long run so instead of just doing what I think is good intention, I look ahead and see if it's really going to benefit more than destroy... Even if that means upholding my "good" intentions.
You really deserve REP man, taking the time to address this matter. Not many people do that these days like the old days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom.
View Post
I forgot to add "they are not provider, just leasing from someone else and lease to someone else." And I have no purpose to destroy something. Just saying they are breaking the rules. Do not mad at me.
You don't understand that when you hire a server from some company, that you are in effect leasing it, and you are in control of it, therefore making it YOUR leased server.

This fits in the rules.

It looks like someone is jealous so now he wants to ruin it for everyone

Quote:
View Post
Who benefits? Everyone except for crybabies.
Bullshit. Resellers can only operate due to some stupid loophole where they assume "partial ownership" of your server. Plus, they ridiculously overcharge. A surcharge of 100% is almost the rule rather than the exception. Paying double the price for a product isn't "winning" in my book.

Also for the record: I have a Game-MP account of myself so I don't have to go through resellers but I still condemn the practice.

The one who provided you the hosted tab is 18 years old, third person doesn't have to obey this, only the owner of the account.

The other one is just too problematic, I doubt a person would list through a set of ip's and search whether who is the owner of the ip or server listed.

About Turkey, this is possible that is actually legal because he maybe didn't register his "company".
Tho, if he had notable income, I think Turkey would start to question him about the source of his income.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
Paying double the price for a product isn't "winning" in my book.
While I won't argue against you for having the belief that it is bullshit (because it's obviously purely subjective if you feel the exact opposite than what I am feeling), I am questioning where you are finding these doubled priced listings. Average I have seen is about 20-23 USD, perhaps I have simply been looking in the wrong places or well in a buyer's perspective, the "right" place.

game-mp need to clear out those who are flaunting the rules on their site, and make it accessible for the rest of us. The server list isn't full, yet it is true that there is price gouging going on because of Game-MP being closed for registrations.

Quote:
View Post
game-mp need to clear out those who are flaunting the rules on their site, and make it accessible for the rest of us. The server list isn't full, yet it is true that there is price gouging going on because of Game-MP being closed for registrations.
Like that would happen anytime soon. Been like this for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulice
View Post
Like that would happen anytime soon. Been like this for years.
Doesn't mean it won't happen being that their reason for being closed to registrations isn't true.

Quote:
View Post
Doesn't mean it won't happen being that their reason for being closed to registrations isn't true.
Doesn't mean it will happen neither. Been closed for years while not being true.

You just don't understand that they (game-mp) gives no fucks about all those things, they just care about the income they're getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLearner
View Post
You just don't understand that they (game-mp) gives no fucks about all those things, they just care about the income they're getting.
They would get more money if they open for registration in actuality; but yet they don't care.