I want to create a SA-MP server.

Hello.

I've been a SA-MP player since early late 2012. I'm familiar with the game and multiplayer mod itself and still quite fascinated about the SA-MP player-base considering the age of the game.

I have played many free-roam and role-play servers which I enjoyed a lot. I however, want to create my own server. I want this server to be exactly how I want it. I have no knowledge on the PAWN language or any of the hosting technical stuff. I definitely do not have any rewards or currency to give people.

Over the past few weeks, I've been making a plan for a role-play server that can keep a sustainable player-base if kept active and updated.

I'm not sure where to begin or what to do next. Anyone willing to partake in this or show me how to get this done?

Kind regards,
Hackerman

Hello hackerman, welcome to SAMP forums.

First of all before you start, I would suggest you get some basic knowledge of the PAWN language and maybe run a server on your pc and see how you go with that.

There's a couple of posts that can help you like this one:
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=317336

There's also a couple of YouTube videos that you can watch and take a start with, good luck with your community and remember one thing, hosting a server, website and maybe a hosted tab can be costly if you're not getting enough donations later on.

Thank you, XtremeR!

I'm going to spend some time into this scripting tutorial and take a look at these SA-MP server files. This should be fun.

For hosting, well I shall shed some light on that. Once your server is created, you need to host it right? To be online? But the problem is we can't do that 24/7, so we go to hosts and pay them money monthly so that they will keep your server up always. Other thing you would have probably heard is Hosted Tabs and while having a hosted tab, it actually boosts your server's player count. You can buy hosted tabs from some hosts. Anyway, I wanted to welcome you into the life of scripting. It will have its up and downs, but its worth it, my friend. Welcome!

Well, I learned how to script from here :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv-...fAdA/playlists

And a lot of other scripters started here.

Just keep in mind : Do NOT skip any video, Even if it looks basic, You'll need all the informations even if its basic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4RR1s
View Post
Well, I learned how to script from here :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv-...fAdA/playlists

And a lot of other scripters started here.

Just keep in mind : Do NOT skip any video, Even if it looks basic, You'll need all the informations even if its basic.
I also learn't from there

Learning from those videos only teaches you how to copy.

Same as solely learning from tutorials on specific 'needs' for a server.

Sure, you'll be able to make simple copied sections, but you won't know how to make various other systems, and then you'd need a tutorial to follow to make anything else, or you'll be constantly asking for help with those extra systems.

Many of us learnt from disecting scripts, and reading the Pawn handbook.

Even the tutorials that cover the more basic stuff, such as how to use enums, stop the abuse of stock e.t.c.

Those are the tutorials that you should really be looking at. Those who focus on one thing, make for trouble later as they don't teach you the reasons behind certain methods, or how to spot/fix certain issues.