AntiCheat Doubt

Well I have some general questions that I thought I'll ask and get to know what others think?

Well firstly my server is a DM server, and I'm going to add a good admin system soon but I was just thinking, should I implement an AntiCheat System or something as a Filterscript? I know they usually detect and ban players but they have been some cases where innocent players have been banned so I was thinking about it.... AntiCheat are useful when No Admins are around but there could be a Vote system and another thing is, (It might sound noobish, cause I've been away some time)... For example, with the AntiCheat enabled and something in my GM, maybe offers player a weapon when a command is issued or something, won't the system ban the player for hacking? I just don't know, thinking whether the game is better being independent with Staff on the lookout or have an AntiCheat that does half the job but also bans innocent people by accident....? Well, what do you guys think?

You need admin and a basic anti-cheat.

Anti hp, armour, money, high ping, teleport, etc... these things are easy to make (for a pro tho).

The admins will do the rest with a simple /report [id] [reason] then that's it.

I do believe in an extensive anti-cheat that does not ban players, but kick them (creating a cheat free gameplay); however, this may require you to be up to date in the world of cheats - doesn't seem that simple, but some players are quick in finding new cheats (just try to do the same; join sites where people develop cheats, search for new ******* videos from time to time, etc.).

Have two (2) copies of gta sa, one that's stock, and one you just fill with cheats for testing and development purposes. Take your time and try to create an anti-system for every little cheat you can see that works in-game.

I wouldn't encourage the use of a released anti-cheat if you want to run a server in the long run, unless you are comfortable and can easily get around someone else's code. Plus, creating it would be fun. You could also make the anti-systems lightweight if you possess the right thought on how it could be done and furthermore, have the skill to full fill the job.

I would give different anti-systems custom codes and display that in kick messages.

P.S. An anti weapon hacks system would not ban the player if they receive a weapon with a command if you register that the weapon they received was fair play within the anti-cheat's source code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulice
Посмотреть сообщение
I do believe in an extensive anti-cheat that does not ban players, but kick them (creating a cheat free gameplay); however, this may require you to be up to date in the world of cheats - doesn't seem that simple, but some players are quick in finding new cheats (just try to do the same; join sites where people develop cheats, search for new ******* videos from time to time, etc.).

Have two (2) copies of gta sa, one that's stock, and one you just fill with cheats for testing and development purposes. Take your time and try to create an anti-system for every little cheat you can see that works in-game.

I wouldn't encourage the use of a released anti-cheat if you want to run a server in the long run, unless you are comfortable and can easily get around someone else's code. Plus, creating it would be fun. You could also make the anti-systems lightweight if you possess the right thought on how it could be done and furthermore, have the skill to full fill the job.

I would give different anti-systems custom codes and display that in kick messages.

P.S. An anti weapon hacks system would not ban the player if they receive a weapon with a command if you register that the weapon they received was fair play within the anti-cheat's source code.
Agreed, kick and save stats, you should also add cool down for lags.

What is really important is: don't announce to the server. Don't even announce it to the player that's getting kicked. You do not want to put focus on these events at all. It disrupts the flow.

If there is reasonable suspicion that a player is cheating then just kick them without sending any public messages. Legit players will usually ask why they suddenly got kicked, cheaters usually don't. It may even be a good idea to put the kick on a timer so the cheater is further deceived as to the actual reason of the kick.

Ok, thanks guys. I will take all your suggestions into consideration. Appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
What is really important is: don't announce to the server. Don't even announce it to the player that's getting kicked. You do not want to put focus on these events at all. It disrupts the flow.

If there is reasonable suspicion that a player is cheating then just kick them without sending any public messages. Legit players will usually ask why they suddenly got kicked, cheaters usually don't. It may even be a good idea to put the kick on a timer so the cheater is further deceived as to the actual reason of the kick.
That's an interesting idea.