7777 port ?

I am just wondering what's so special about "7777" port ,I bought a server host from a well known samp hosting company but it have "10795" port does it matter ?

7777 is default port if we look it as server wise it doesnt matter but as player wise it does cuz samp kid players are attracted more in 7777 port than gamemode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallize
Посмотреть сообщение
7777 is default port if we look it as server wise it doesnt matter but as player wise it does cuz samp kid players are attracted more in 7777 port than gamemode.
HAHA, comment of the year!
In all seriousness, no it doesn't really matter. As long as the TCP/UDP data has a port to connect through, the port number doesn't really matter unless you use things like port 80 (web), 3306 (MySQL) and stuff that's already being used. But yeah, Crystallize is right, people seem to go for servers with port 7777 rather than something like 7780 or 7778.

The reason you got the odd port number is there's obviously more than one server on that box.

If someone uses 7777 it generally means they have a dedicated box, and aren't looking at going down anytime soon.

I got the point ,Thank you guys !

No it doesnt matter at all, Just 7777 make you looks more decent and dedicated for the player and when you use a domain like samp.yourdomain.com if you are on the defualt port (7777) it will just be the domain to connect if you are on another port you will have to specify it after the domain e.g(samp.yurdomain.com:23929)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDarkness
Посмотреть сообщение
No it doesnt matter at all, Just 7777 make you looks more decent and dedicated for the player and when you use a domain like samp.yourdomain.com if you are on the defualt port (7777) it will just be the domain to connect if you are on another port you will have to specify it after the domain e.g(samp.yurdomain.com:23929)
So I can't do the same with my current IP ? I can't like buy the domain and attach it to the server IP ?

Its useful in other ways too, cause if you dont specify port in samp client, it will automatically put 7777 port (default).

One more advantage is, that you can use your domain name as your server IP without actually specifying port. e.g: my server port is 7777 and my domain name is example.com, I can use 'play.example.com' as my server IP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadScripter
Посмотреть сообщение
So I can't do the same with my current IP ? I can't like buy the domain and attach it to the server IP ?
You can't but you will have to add the port after it.