Problem with GTA IV

Hi. Today I'm having some weird issues with my GTA IV. Basically, when I start the game trough steam, it loads, but freezes at the intro part http://i.imgur.com/xJBElOI.png

Anyone knows how to fix that? If anyone experienced the same issue

verify files would be the first step, reinstalling the game would be second, and wiping the config settings for the PC whilst at it...

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
verify files would be the first step, reinstalling the game would be second, and wiping the config settings for the PC whilst at it...

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
I reinstalled the game, but the most interesting part is, when I get to that intro part, well it freezes, but when I return to desktop and then back to the game, that intro text finally disappeared, but the same thing happened at the logo part, it just freezed and I could do nothing. Maybe it's somehow related to LCPDFR mod? Because I installed that today and uninstalled so after that the problems popped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ercha
Посмотреть сообщение
I reinstalled the game, but the most interesting part is, when I get to that intro part, well it freezes, but when I return to desktop and then back to the game, that intro text finally disappeared, but the same thing happened at the logo part, it just freezed and I could do nothing. Maybe it's somehow related to LCPDFR mod? Because I installed that today and uninstalled so after that the problems popped
i had the same problem with lcpdfr.Try to open the game as admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliasGR
Посмотреть сообщение
i had the same problem with lcpdfr.Try to open the game as admin
I opened the game as admin and nothing changed, still the same problem

Sorry for double-posting, but I re-installed GTA 4 and removed LCPDFR and now at least the intro going good, but at some reason, the game freezes in the menu? Couldn't it be related to Windows 10 latest update?

EDIT: Finally I fixed it. Next time when I think to install LCPDFR again, I should downgrade GTA 4 to 0.7.0 and use commandline.txt file, to set the settings properly. But with this latest patch of 0.8.0, it doesn't start the game, so I still have to use commandline. Only the game will not run on fullscreen... damn this game is cancer

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Sorry for double-posting, but I re-installed GTA 4 and removed LCPDFR and now at least the intro going good, but at some reason, the game freezes in the menu? Couldn't it be related to Windows 10 latest update?

EDIT: Finally I fixed it. Next time when I think to install LCPDFR again, I should downgrade GTA 4 to 0.7.0 and use commandline.txt file, to set the settings properly. But with this latest patch of 0.8.0, it doesn't start the game, so I still have to use commandline. Only the game will not run on fullscreen... damn this game is cancer
try to press alt+enter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliasGR
Посмотреть сообщение
try to press alt+enter
I tried mate, but then the whole game turns into a blackscreen.. only I can still hear the sound though

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I tried mate, but then the whole game turns into a blackscreen.. only I can still hear the sound though
okay then go to settings and change the resolution