Electric Trimmer vs Traditional Razor Blade Shaving?

Yo, Yo!

This may seem like an odd question for a gaming community forums, but what the hell the board says "Everything & Nothing"

I recently turned 17, and the couple of past few years have been a little different than usual. I grew taller, my voice got graver, and I got facial hair. My cheeks have mild amount of slightly darked vellus type of thin hair, my upper lip area is rather thickly covered in slightly darker and thicker hair, I've got a little hair on the lower lip area too. My chin and neck area connecting with chin is densely cover in both thick and thin hairs.

So, bottomline it looks kinda ugly, and I want to get rid of these hairs. I'm genetically hairy, and I have no idea what to use in order to get rid of these hairs. I was going to use the traditional method, you know first using a gel to cover hair and then use a gillete razor blade to shave em off, but some of my friends said that it will trigger the production of more thick black hair at a rather faster rate so don't try it. like this one.

They suggested me to use an electric beard trimmer to cut it off, but I'm not sure whether it would remove like the hairs completely like a razor, or would leave a little layer left visible? This one tho.

So, I need an honest opinion about this people. I don't have any older brother, so I've got no one to ask except my friends who remarkably don't even have a single strand of hair on their face despite being my age, so which one should I use for the first facial hair removal? An electric beard trimmer or the traditional or electric shaver?

Oh, and I don't wanna go with these fancy electrolysis and other permanent solutions cause at a certain age, I might need to grow a beard so

Cheers.

Trimmer = trim hairs, not completely remove them.

Razor = Remove them completely, though they still exist but wont have a mark on skin! They'll grow back accordingly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammix
Посмотреть сообщение
Trimmer = trim hairs, not completely remove them.

Razor = Remove them completely, though they still exist but wont have a mark on skin! They'll grow back accordingly!
This, basically

It's worth mentioning too that once you grow older you're basically going to have issues using only a regular razor depending on your beard grow.

You trim it first, then use the razor. Otherwise it's literally self torture or just plain impossible because the blades keep clogging up lol

For now you'll be fine using a razor, and yes, they will grow back and usually with more quanity

I'm 19 with no signs of having a beard. It sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toroi
Посмотреть сообщение
unDERSTANDAble haᵥₑ ₐ ₙᵢcₑ daY

Electric all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toroi
Посмотреть сообщение
Please, I'm nearing 26 and all I can grow is a goatee.