Your opinion on cash payments

I've seen this occurring alot, where servers completely change to a money perspective and offer tons of features for real currencies, CrazyBobs and others have all adapted to these forms of benefits but are they really worth it and should you really donate to these kinds of servers?.

If you are offerring certain features like admin etc how can you call it a 'donation' when a donation realistically should go back into a server. I own a similar server with a rather large player base 100+ players nearly 24/7 at times and our donations 100 percent go back into our website hosting + server hosting and anything else we may need if we get more than we need it sits in our account until we have to pay our next lot of fees.

Do you think samp servers really should be looking for thousands of dollars with the lack of ongoing development from alot of server developers etc not looking to innovate or change the way we play this game.
I personally feel that charging $300+ for admin is a silly and crazy idea.
What is your opinion on this.

Realistically if you are going to donate to a server i feel you should donate to the servers with a relatively starter player base (20-50 players etc 24/7) that you enjoy to watch it grow and see. these players could one day end up like my server with 100+ players and peak 200+ with the donation you give as their costs are lower and/or likely to be a huge boost to their eco/change of host to better hosts etc.

If you're talking about http://www.crazybobs.net/website/cnrmarketplace it was an april fools joke

Oh jesus hahaha, now im embarrassed to have mentioned that, guess I took the bait, but it still stands i've seen servers return to this form of donations quite alot and quite literally kill their playerbase or ruin their community. What do people even think of these forms of servers hahaha. Plus I hadn't been informed of this until late!.

You fell for an April fools joke, in June! GG Sir! :P

No doubt there is a server somewhere that actually sells admin though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMUK
Посмотреть сообщение
You fell for an April fools joke, in June! GG Sir! :P

No doubt there is a server somewhere that actually sells admin though.
UIF charges you Ђ9,99 a month for admin level 2

Is this the Chris I know ?

huge servers are time consuming and nobody is going to bother managing them if they don't get something out of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone
Посмотреть сообщение
Is this the Chris I know ?
Yeah that's christonub, MR.saif_tounes xd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugi
Посмотреть сообщение
If you're talking about site it was an april fools joke
Stop advertising ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice_
Посмотреть сообщение
UIF charges you Ђ9,99 a month for admin level 2
Not only UIF, there are more english servers on hosted tab who do that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallee
View Post
huge servers are time consuming and nobody is going to bother managing them if they don't get something out of it
Well, my server has 3 owners all whom don't profit from our server and just fund the servers needs and we currently have an active playerbase as big as CB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christofski
View Post
Well, my server has 3 owners all whom don't profit from our server and just fund the servers needs and we currently have an active playerbase as big as CB
and how old is your server? if it's older than a year then props to you for sticking with it (even though your players don't give a **** about your time/money)

Sometimes donations received are much more then what you pay for the server.

But some people want to get all they can out of their server & they put on sale possible thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallee
View Post
and how old is your server? if it's older than a year then props to you for sticking with it (even though your players don't give a **** about your time/money)
The server has been around since 2013 and I have been apart of it for 2 years. Some of my players and admins do give a fuck but i agree with you in a way xd.