Is the apocalyptic genre of RP dead on samp?

I don't know about the rest of you but my prefered genre for any game is apocalyptic.

I've been looking for new zombie RP servers to hitch hike my way into but as far as i'm aware there's only two, Dystopian Wasteland RP and Redemption RP, i was part of Dystopian wasteland for 6 years ( formally project gaming as some of you may know / The Walking Dead Roleplay / Project Phoenix Roleplay ) and left a few weeks ago due to my own issues with the server lore, management, current state and direction its heading into.

I'm just curious as to what your thoughts are on the subject of apocalyptic styled RP, if you're actually interested in it and if so why aren't you playing?

I legit like that genre and I'd love to play there but my real life issues are killing me....

Apocalyptic genre is one of my most favourite , ive been searching for a legit server with some awesome feautures to play in but I couldn't find what I had in mind, I would be so happy to find an ideal server with some awesome new feauturea of zombie apocalypse

Apocalyptic server...well its rare but not quite dead, apocalyptic roleplay...that's the first one i hear about.

Apocalyptic, yes. Zombies, no. I hate zombie games and I'm thankful that the zombie hype is (almost?) over.

I actually like roleplay, just not the way it gets implemented in SA-MP; it mostly still boils down to learning commands and typing A LOT. Boring. If I want to pull a shotgun from my ass and blast some fools I should be able to do that without typing three lines of text. That's how this game works. Acceptable breaks from reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Apocalyptic, yes. Zombies, no. I hate zombie games and I'm thankful that the zombie hype is (almost?) over.

I actually like roleplay, just not the way it gets implemented in SA-MP; it mostly still boils down to learning commands and typing A LOT. Boring. If I want to pull a shotgun from my ass and blast some fools I should be able to do that without typing three lines of text. That's how this game works. Acceptable breaks from reality.
I agree with you,I actually left from roleplay server because of that,typing.

Don't combine apocalyptic servers together with roleplay shit, it doesn't fit together.

#my opinion

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
That's exactly how I feel, and what I'm working on.

There was a perfect project zombie apocalyptic samp server before. But its down for some reasons... nobody knows and i don't know too.
It's Fallout Apocalypse Roleplay. It was medium/heavy rp server :') i remember that players at midnight (ig time) re-group in waster land in abandoned airport then they go to Area-51 to scavenge and rp.
And i remember that there are unsafe zones and cities where you can kill/kidnap/rob players :') <3 sadly that server is dead since a year ago. There was werewolves,zombie players,dogs,humans etc... i hope that server will come back soon.
In my opinion, that genre is becoming dead due to the low amount of servers which focus on this genre

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

There are many solutions, you can Make Clickable Textdraws, Keys & Clickable players (in Tab list).....

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

Then what do you think should be implemented instead of typing style?how should it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNelson
View Post
There was a perfect project zombie apocalyptic samp server before. But its down for some reasons... nobody knows and i don't know too.
It's Fallout Apocalypse Roleplay. It was medium/heavy rp server :') i remember that players at midnight (ig time) re-group in waster land in abandoned airport then they go to Area-51 to scavenge and rp.
And i remember that there are unsafe zones and cities where you can kill/kidnap/rob players :') <3 sadly that server is dead since a year ago. There was werewolves,zombie players,dogs,humans etc... i hope that server will come back soon.
In my opinion, that genre is becoming dead due to low amount of servers which focus on this genre
Yea I used to play there too, it was a great server with great roleplayers.
Duke was gonna revive it in early 2016, we managed to gather most of the old staff but there were complications and Duke shut it all down again. Not sure its gonna come back again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neddy
View Post
Yea I used to play there too, it was a great server with great roleplayers.
Duke was gonna revive it in early 2016, we managed to gather most of the old staff but there were complications and Duke shut it all down again. Not sure its gonna come back again...
It was a legend for real... pm me and lets talk about this

I was reading things about roleplaying pulling out a shotgun and shooting at someone. There are ways to prevent such things from being roleplayed (as it is currently in LSRP). As long as can hold that weapon on you, there's no need to roleplay it, example:

Deagle, you can hide it in your belt, no need to roleplay pulling it out.
Shotgun, you cannot hide it in any possible way. You need a bag to keep it in. As long as you got a bag on you, you don't need to RP it.
M4, you cannot hide it, get a backpack or something to keep it in.

Another way is to make automated messages of taking out the gun from a car/place so you won't have to type it yourself.

If you think you are STILL required to type too much, use hotkeys.

Quote:
View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice_
View Post
I agree with you,I actually left from roleplay server because of that,typing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Private200
View Post
I was reading things about roleplaying pulling out a shotgun and shooting at someone. There are ways to prevent such things from being roleplayed (as it is currently in LSRP). As long as can hold that weapon on you, there's no need to roleplay it, example:

Deagle, you can hide it in your belt, no need to roleplay pulling it out.
Shotgun, you cannot hide it in any possible way. You need a bag to keep it in. As long as you got a bag on you, you don't need to RP it.
M4, you cannot hide it, get a backpack or something to keep it in.

Another way is to make automated messages of taking out the gun from a car/place so you won't have to type it yourself.

If you think you are STILL required to type too much, use hotkeys.
Y I personally develop so that the script limit the player from abusing,,, I don't want everyone to need to record everything then report them to admin.
I make it so what I dont want to happen, just can't happen.
No "/me walks away", you just walk away. (Someone once told me "Hey you didn't /me walk away" seriously.

Seems like some servers start off pretty well (around 20-50 players) and then they die off because they don't obtain the proper management to keep players interested.