Mouse suddenly not clicking anything on Windows 10.

Hi, I figured I'd seek this forum for advice since I've searched a few places and came up with nothing. Basically, I installed MacType from the mactype website. Immediately after the install finished, I realized that I couldn't click anything at all, although I could still move the mouse. I'm also on a laptop, so I'm using the native touchpad.

I restarted a few times and also tried using safe mode, although it is still happening. I know it's possible that the touchpad simply isn't working, although since it literally started happening the second after the install, I don't think it's the issue. Any advice would be great, I'm currently running Windows 10.

Well, uninstall mactype.

That patch, you need... Someone will tell you its name shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troydere
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, uninstall mactype.
I've obviously already tried doing that, plus I tried reinstalling it (I also restarted a few times before the reinstall, so that's not the issue). I had AutoHotKey installed and was able to rig Right Shift to the mouse click, which works for most things although seemingly doesn't work in certain windows dialogs (task manager, msconfig) which makes it a flawed workaround anyway. I'll try getting my hands on an external mouse within the next few days, although I doubt it's hardware since it literally stopped working once the MacType install finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
That patch...
Not sure if that's sarcasm or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppy
Посмотреть сообщение
Not sure if that's sarcasm or not.
Nope, it's a fix-all patch.

It could also be the newest 'gaming' update of win 10 interfering though, if you have installed that recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
Nope, it's a fix-all patch.

It could also be the newest 'gaming' update of win 10 interfering though, if you have installed that recently.
I think I'm still running the Anniversary edition (1607), not sure if that's related or not. I have some of the Creators (?) Update downloaded, although haven't completed the install just yet.

Naive me should've made a system restore before hand at least despite being skeptical something may mess up. Also something that just happened: I started Windows again and I couldn't even hover over anything (so it's "selected") until I did ctrl+alt+delete, which then worked. This leads me to believe even more than it's software ended than hardware. I also want to mention that clicking doesn't seem to work within the Windows login page at all. Some of the research I've done suggests that a possible solution might be making a new user, although I'm not sure if this would work considering windows login also has the issue.

I also want to mention that I've been running DFX Enhancer (which is something I'm using to boost/optimize system sound) although I've been running it a few days without problems. I've also tried rolling back the mouse driver which I updated a while ago where it was again running fine without problems, to no avail.