Does this count as artificial intelligence?

Fixed!

I woulkdn't call it 'Artificial Intelligence'

Artificial Intelligence in short is the theory and development of computer systems able to perform tasks that normally require human intelligence, such as visual perception, speech recognition, decision-making, and translation between languages.

Fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0pion
Посмотреть сообщение
But how does it calculate route?
Using nodes on the map. Probably somehow loaded out of the gamefiles.

It's called Pathfinding which is part of Artificial Intelligence since it's a decision-making tool allowing you to find the shortest connected nodes to a path based on an algorithm.

Basically every form of computer-based problem solving is artificial intelligence.

Incase youre refering to this: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=633296
Yes, the GPS plugin involves graph search, as it uses a form of the dijkstra algorithm.

Yes, however as we have stupid and smart people, that AI is pretty damn stupid because it can only do one task.
"Smart" AIs usually can learn new stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrO.GameR
Посмотреть сообщение
"Smart" AIs usually can learn new stuff
That's true, but there's always a problem with that as there isn't really a way to teach it from the right and wrong.

Pretty much anything can be considered as artificial intelligence. Just a simple reaction to an event is already that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheezIt
Посмотреть сообщение
That's true, but there's always a problem with that as there isn't really a way to teach it from the right and wrong.
Of course it can, what do you think deep learning with reward systems do ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaksken
Посмотреть сообщение
Of course it can, what do you think deep learning with reward systems do ...
I don't quite get what you are referring to, but my answer is no. It really depends on who or what it learns from, but obviously if there are restrictions to the AI and it's limited in a way, then you are right (very obvious).