Why do you choose gamehost instead of VPS?

I want to know why people still buy gamehost instead of VPS

+ more support
+ server is monitored
+ less skill required

I'll let you know that people just don't want to bother learning on how to manage VPS and rather deal with using a game panel provided by a provider. If the game host works fine for them then they do not see the need for a VPS, which obviously can be countered by saying that a VPS can host everything for you but then they would have to configure everything themselves (even simply by using a script) or pay (maybe free) someone else to do it.

I use a VPS so I can simply do what I want, not only run one instance of the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozm8ey
Посмотреть сообщение
+ more support
+ server is monitored
+ less skill required
1)You can get support by the customer service(depends on the website where you buy vps)
2)As far as I know,you can monitor your server with VPS
3)I agree but,set up your VPS to get it working with sa-mp server is not that hard..

Because there are few good ones left

People who know a bit about how vps' work they usually dont buy gamehost.

Gamehost is kinda easy but at the same time limited.

Why do people do anything these days?
- It's easier
- They don't have the time and/or will to learn something new
- They don't think ahead

Unless they get a big benefit from something harder to do (in this case learning how VPS's work) or an ego boost they don't really bother to do it the hard way. For people who actually see the win in the long run will however choose a VPS.

My personal reflection was that I need a VPS because of school matters. I needed to store things in a database, build an example website jada, jada, jada. So for me having a VPS where I can actually do "anything" I want to, was the way to go. Sometimes I want to play MC with friends, so instead of getting a minecraft specific server I can just put it on the VPS I am already having. Do I want to start a SA-MP community? That's fine I'll just host it on the VPS. Then of course someone would say "but you're paying monthly this VPS but sometimes you're probably not even using it" partly true but in most cases I am using it already. The fact that I have already set it up exactly the way I want to have it is worth it in the long run, -for me-! This is obviously not for everyone, just sharing my reflection on it. Whatever is better for you, pick that.

Anyone who can follow simple instructions can set up a server on a VPS - giving them full control over it - in less than thirty minutes. But I guess that people who buy slots are just happy overpaying for a locked down system and receiving overall mediocre support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPhantom
Посмотреть сообщение
I'll let you know that people just don't want to bother learning on how to manage VPS and rather deal with using a game panel provided by a provider. If the game host works fine for them then they do not see the need for a VPS, which obviously can be countered by saying that a VPS can host everything for you but then they would have to configure everything themselves (even simply by using a script) or pay (maybe free) someone else to do it.
Exactly