Bitvise

Hi,

Is there any way how to save files in Bitvise and restart server though it ? Thanks

Save files

There is an ftp client built in, but if the server isn't online (eg. restarting) you can't access it per ftp client.

What do you mean by 'saving' files 'in Bitvise'? As Marcel said, it has a client built in that uses sftp which allows you to upload files to the server you're connected with (as long as the server you're connected with supports sftp / has sftp enabled).
If you upload your .amx to the SA-MP server's gamemodes folder, you can simply restart the server through command line and it'll be updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstylezzz
Посмотреть сообщение
What do you mean by 'saving' files 'in Bitvise'? As Marcel said, it has a client built in that uses sftp which allows you to upload files to the server you're connected with (as long as the server you're connected with supports sftp / has sftp enabled).
If you upload your .amx to the SA-MP server's gamemodes folder, you can simply restart the server through command line and it'll be updated.
How do i restart it by one line ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunud
Посмотреть сообщение
How do i restart it by one line ?
Usually I run the SA-MP server under another 'screen' by using the screen program. I start it using ./samp03svr, then I 'minimize' the screen by holding CTRL, then pressing A, releasing it, then pressing D and releasing it again. After that release the CTRL key as well. Whenever I have to restart the server process, I use 'screen -r', which brings up that virtual screen containing the SA-MP server again. Once there press CTRL+C to stop the executable, and simple run ./samp03svr again.

Might sound a little abstract, it's basically just stopping the server process and launching it again. Using the screen program is just optional and can be handy when using the physical server for more than just a SA-MP server. You can also use the Linux commands to kill the server process, then just start it again as you normally would.

At first I so thought he was on about this http://www.bbc.co.uk/education LOL

BBC Bitesize

I tryed it, i have no idea how to start/restart it, Im dumb

Can't you just use the top command and get the server's process ID, and them kill it by using kill command? (kill -9 processid) and to start it again just use nohup ./samp03svr &

It says: ignoring input and appeding output to nohup.out (No such file of directory)

Because you're definitely doing it wrong, read SA-MP tutorials in Linux, you can find dozen of them.