OVH Host question.

Does anyone have experiance with OVH VPS for samp server host?

Which one should I get?
SSD virtual private server
Cloud Virtual private server
or Cloud Ram private server?

Gaming server.

https://m.imgur.com/QsA2VWt
Thats the options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inceptio
Посмотреть сообщение
https://m.imgur.com/QsA2VWt
Thats the options
I have windows VPS. Is Good.

Cloud VPS for better performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astralis
Посмотреть сообщение
Cloud VPS for better performance.
As im using dini savings, currently when i run server on my pc, when i launch gmx or autosave is on, (auto backup points) server lagg is for like 30 sec.

So with Cloud VPS it shouldn't be a issue?
I think it's cause my backup pc is crap(which i use now)

(Saving houses is the problem, since I have like 400 houses, so saving takes long)

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
As im using dini savings, currently when i run server on my pc, when i launch gmx or autosave is on, (auto backup points) server lagg is for like 30 sec.

So with Cloud VPS it shouldn't be a issue?
It's dini, so it'll probably still be an issue on your VPS

Use a better saving system or deal with the lag. It's probably never going to be better if you don't improve your saving system

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLearner
View Post
I still recommend Blazingfast.io

Performance, support and efficiency is guaranteed, I am not affiliated with them IR something, just a happy user since 2+ years.
Thanks for your recommendation, but I already decided about the Host. I started this thread with totally diferrent question. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
Посмотреть сообщение
It's dini, so it'll probably still be an issue on your VPS

Use a better saving system or deal with the lag. It's probably never going to be better if you don't improve your saving system
Yeah, that's what I was curios about.

I might remove houses from the auto-save system to avoid unecessary lagg. It will still save when I want to.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, that's what I was curios about.

I might remove houses from the auto-save system to avoid unecessary lagg. It will still save when I want to.
You don't need to have a auto-save system, you should save stuff only when it's getting changed.

i.e. you save a house when it's bought, locked, or has it's position moved, and only that specific house. Not every house on the server.

Poor old dini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
View Post
You don't need to have a auto-save system, you should save stuff only when it's getting changed.

i.e. you save a house when it's bought, locked, or has it's position moved, and only that specific house. Not every house on the server.
Yeah, I realized that, I've already have made such system 90% complete, I will implent it if I the lagg still persist when I upload server to OVH later today.

Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiWow
View Post
Poor old dini
Old but gold. I have never liked MYSQL anyways.

Well it won't change a thing if you run unoptimized script in 1GB ram or 32GB VPS. It will feel better but still lag and crash.

Maybe if you get a SSD VPS it'll help you a bit to reduce the save time, since SSD disks have faster I/O speeds and might speed up the file saving, though it's highly recommended to move to SQL (either MySQL/MariaDB or SQLite)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astralis
View Post
Well it won't change a thing if you run unoptimized script in 1GB ram or 32GB VPS. It will feel better but still lag and crash.
There's not a single crash tbh.

It's just that (I have set auto save time) so when savings begin, each house is getting saved.

That's another reason I asked about which vps should I pick, SSD one etc..

Thanks for the tipo.

Cheers

Anyways, I got my answers.

Thanks everyone for your responses and help.

Have a good day, cheers!

As if dini literally is the only option to work with files. XML gets no love. Fact of the matter is that SQL is very, very powerful if it is used correctly. Of course many people here use it incorrectly and they can't compile the data they want because their data model is trash, but that's a problem with the programmer more than anything else.

ORDER BY is almost universally understood but joins and grouping are in a completely different ballpark. Actual example: http://sqlfiddle.com/#!9/9d47e/7. Good luck achieving that result with files.

I recommend only using files for initialization purposes, for example: if you have a minigame systyem, loading race data before starting the race, because you will almost never need to update that data.

I'd prefer OVH over any other VPS providers or SA-MP host providers. They're just cheap as fk, I've just bought ther SSD VPS 1 for around 3.4$ / month, and the service awesome, like super premium.

Currently I've a SA-MP, MySQL, Apache, SSH, servers running without a single lag or connection down time. Close your eyes and go for it.