VPS HELP

I successfully createed my samp server using VPS.
But i dont know how to portforward it,can someone help me please and also my server based on MYSQL aso,do i have run anything like wampserver on windows for using database?

EDIT:
FIXED

You don't have to forward on servers. Just make sure that the app is allowed through the firewall. On Linux, by default, there is no active firewall. On Windows you need to explicitly allow it through Windows Firewall. Also don't use something like wamp on a production server. Set up the services properly.

I generally advice against using Windows Server for game servers. Windows Server comes packed with features, none of which - safe for IIS perhaps - you will ever use. Keep in mind that you're paying extra for Windows Server. These licenses cost a lot of money and the OS itself eats resources in order to give you a fancy GUI to look at. So all in all it's just money out the window (pun intended).

You can install Apache, MySQL and PHP on Windows, but what a bother honestly. It takes much more time to configure everything correctly. Especially when you realize that it is literally three commands to set it all up on a Linux server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
You don't have to forward on servers. Just make sure that the app is allowed through the firewall. On Linux, by default, there is no active firewall. On Windows you need to explicitly allow it through Windows Firewall. Also don't use something like wamp on a production server. Set up the services properly.

I generally advice against using Windows Server for game servers. Windows Server comes packed with features, none of which - safe for IIS perhaps - you will ever use. Keep in mind that you're paying extra for Windows Server. These licenses cost a lot of money and the OS itself eats resources in order to give you a fancy GUI to look at. So all in all it's just money out the window (pun intended).

You can install Apache, MySQL and PHP on Windows, but what a bother honestly. It takes much more time to configure everything correctly. Especially when you realize that it is literally three commands to set it all up on a Linux server.
My server based on MYSQL so,do i need to install anything to access to Database like wampserver in windows or just straight run the server?

you need phpmyadmin, MySQL-server, http.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astralis
Посмотреть сообщение
For some reason,my gamemode not loading in .Do i have to edit anything in gamemode in order to it in VPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astralis
Посмотреть сообщение
For some reason,my gamemode not loading in .Do i have to edit anything in gamemode in order to it in VPS?

Posting up the logs of the samp server would probably help verify that it is indeed starting without a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
Posting up the logs of the samp server would probably help verify that it is indeed starting without a problem.
Here it is:
======================================
Loaded log file: "server_log.txt".
----------

SA-MP Dedicated Server
----------------------
v0.3.7-R2, ©2005-2015 SA-MP Team

[11:39:44]
[11:39:44] Server Plugins
[11:39:44] --------------
[11:39:44] Loading plugin: mysql.so
[11:39:44] Failed (libmysqlclient.so.18: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
[11:39:44] Loading plugin: sscanf.so

[11:39:44] ===============================

[11:39:44] sscanf plugin loaded.

[11:39:44] Version: 2.8.1

[11:39:44] © 2012 Alex "******" Cole

[11:39:44] ===============================

[11:39:44] Loaded.
[11:39:44] Loading plugin: streamer.so

*** Streamer Plugin v2.9.1 by Incognito loaded ***

[11:39:44] Loaded.
[11:39:44] Loading plugin: whirlpool.so
[11:39:44] Failed (plugins/whirlpool.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
[11:39:44] Loading plugin: nativechecker.soannnounce
[11:39:44] Failed (plugins/nativechecker.soannnounce: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
[11:39:44] Loading plugin: 01query

=======================

Do you have mysql.so ; nativechecker,so ; Whirlpool.so (HERE MAKE SURE IT IS THE SAME NAME WITH YOUR PLUGINS EVEN THE CAPITAL LETTERS) in your plugins directory?

Linux is case-sensitive, and you made a small mistake...

Код:
[11:39:44] Loading plugin: nativechecker.soannnounce
[11:39:44] Failed (plugins/nativechecker.soannnounce: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)