One recommendation for forum users!

Hello Community, I'd like to debate a little bit about 'fixed' & 'solved' topics and editing.

What am I talking about?
- I'm talking about editing your post after it gets 'solved' or you fix it. We will discuss why we shouldn't do it, and why it isn't a recommendation.

Why you shouldn't edit your post after you fix the problem?
- We have all been there, we had a problem and we looked on SAMP forums for topics releated to our problem. But if our problem isn't solved we posted a thread on SA: MP forum and waiting for someone to response with a helpful answer, didn't we? Well after your problems get solver you shouldn't edit it to 'solved' because some people still have a similar problem or exactly the same. 1 And it really means a lot for users who have a similar problem.

Personal Oppinion

We covered some facts about it, it cleary isn't good because some people can learn a lot from it, for example, you need help for text draws and while he is reading he spots an improved syntax code and improves his script, but this is only my personal opinion.

1 I had a problem with I don't actually remember what but when I ******d it I found a guy with the same problem but the issue was he edited his topic so I couldn't see what was the problem / was it similar to mine, and whats updated/changed.

Maybe someone will come here and say "Buu, why don't you post a topic" I have an account but I don't want to bother You (talking to the community) with my problems, or example I spell syntax wrong and I do that a lot of times so I should post around 10 posts per day, it's better to ****** admit it! (It some cases of course).

Share your thoughts!

To be honest, I haven't spent a lot of time in the help section, lately.
While I was in there, though, I haven't noticed many people doing this.

But if this turned into a 'trend', then yeah, I agree.

There hasn't been much added to the forums so I don't really expect this to happen. Good suggestion though.

Not many peope do this.

But a lot of them don't use proper titles in their thread name, instead of "HELP PLS!!" they should actually say what the issue is, like "Undefined symbol 'blabla" and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinncell
View Post
Not many peope do this.

But a lot of them don't use proper titles in their thread name, instead of "HELP PLS!!" they should actually say what the issue is, like "Undefined symbol 'blabla" and such.
I always expect from these 'HELP PLS' threads OP saying 'IM BEING STABBED CALL THE POLICE', but it's only a scripting problem every time. So sad.

Thread's titles are the main concern as the guy above said.

Hey! I totally forgot about thread names.

There is a forum rule for that right? But some people use the forum in a wrong way, we all been through privacy format and agreements. I understand them but there is only one set of rules to read here, it takes about 3 minutes to read.

Eventually, I would delete people's topics with the name 'HELP ME'. I think we need trustful and helpful moderators who will be active and delete it. I don't say that I'm that one for the job or I don't recommend any of my friends. I just say how it can be punished (Now honestly, I don't care about moderator);

Also something related to my post with 'HELP ME' I think forums we such a helpful place if we just care about these things, everything is really based on googling and quick help and eventually 40% of forum threads would be helpful, just if you rename your 'HELP ME' topic to what is related to 'MySQL connection failed'.

You are right about adding this into rules, it would be really nice if this topic gets sticky or announced so others can see it too and maybe something will get into their's heads.

I had a problem in past be so much easier if they just do it. Let's go back in my past as true example and how is this effective. I didn't know syntax of SendClientMessage, I wrote SendClientMessage(played, "Message");
And after a long googling I found only one topic and me though 'Finally' but everything it was saying was: 'Fixed'. I had bad English so I was kinda afraid to post anything and people couldn't understand me at all. I fixed the problem later on browsing SAMP Forums and looking for other's scripts.

How about not bothering to respond to topics that are named badly?

The beta testers are mods and we have the mods for the non-english sections so adding random people wont be bad but useless. Not like these forums are one of a kind or something and I don't see numors of users going out of control thats why dugi is enough (not sure if others testers moderate but what evs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymel
View Post
What he said.

Those people with retarded titles will be ignored so they will learn from it, I highly doubt, and they wont make bad titles again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymel
View Post
Good idea. may be this can be posted " We will never help you because you are having a bad title ".

Quote:
Originally Posted by coool
View Post
Good idea. may be this can be posted " We will never help you because you are having a bad title ".
Misuse of what aymel said.

Don't post ANYTHING just ignore it.