MySQL, MySQLi, SQLite, or Y_Ini ?

So what's the best database plugin?
I meant the simple, fast, and more secure one...

If it's for sa-mp server then MySQLi is irrelevant as it's used mainly by PHP. The security and the speed is based on your script and if it's local or remote. If your database server is remote, use SQLite if you have to store a lot of data or Y_ini to store handful of data that can be accessed quickly. If your database server is local, always go with MySQL.

Really, it depends more on what you are actually capable of using to make a simple system...

Everyone will say MySQL, but you could easliy use Y_ini, or SQLite, as being that they aren't connecting to databases, they're more safe as such.

I started up with INI, It worked well for me, but then I moved to SQLite It's really really simple and easy as it provides countless advantages over INI, currently I work with both MySQL and SQLite depending on my project, if it was light/small (e.g a filterscript or a small gamemode) I use SQLite, if I'm working on a huge project I use MySQL

But i think that MySQL is insecure when using UCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouHack
Посмотреть сообщение
It isn't if you know how to protect.

Use a hash and a salt, validate(make sure that you get what you want) > escape the inputs > save to database.

load from database > sanitize to protect against xss attacks > echo

I recommend SQL for player accounts and any other big data in your server, because it's more well structred than a ton of .ini files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouHack
Посмотреть сообщение
I would argue that using files is even more insecure when using a UCP. The web server user needs to have read and write access to the directory the files are in. A lot of people are also very lax in regards to security and they just chmod everything to 777 when something doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
I would argue that using files is even more insecure when using a UCP. The web server user needs to have read and write access to the directory the files are in. A lot of people are also very lax in regards to security and they just chmod everything to 777 when something doesn't work.
But that reflects either laziness, or outright ill-knowledge...

Either way, those people shouldn't be running servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Tbh, all of the choices can be "insecure" if the person running the server is incompetent. File-based systems are more secure in the context of plug-and-play.