The best way so so far to learn scripting?

What's the best way so so so far to learn scripting in order to create a decent roleplay server.
It's something basic I got on my mind.

I know this question was asked docens of times but can I get a definitive answer myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeedBong
Посмотреть сообщение
What's the best way so so so far to learn scripting in order to create a decent roleplay server.
It's something basic I got on my mind.

I know this question was asked docens of times but can I get a definitive answer myself?
READ WIKI

READ SOLVED HELP THREATS

PRACTICE SCRIPTING DIFFERENT SMALL THINGS

START SCRIPTING FILTERSCRIPTS

ENJOY !

******* would be the best way,or if you have a friend that knows scripting.
By the way,start with small things,and build yourself a logic,that way you can think about systems in another way.

The wiki is still the best reference. These pages get checked by multiple people for correctness. ******* ... meh ... You have pretty much no guarantee that the content is decent and up-to-date.

Final tip: don't start with an existing RP gamemode that is based off of the original godfather (which is pretty much all of them) because many of them contain horrendously outdated stuff that you don't want to be using anymore. I still see people use PlayerToPoint() to this day even though IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint() has existed since 0.3a, released in 2009.

Thank y'all.