Best host

I know it has been asked before but anything that I find is from years ago so just want to know what host company do people use for hosting their servers as I'm looking for a reliable hosting company

Try OVH if you want a better VPS, or check this post.

Well Ultra-h , i used it before and they have pretty good things.

There used to be a fair few good "slots sellers" but nowadays you're better off setting up your own VPS. I'd stay far away from "ultra-h". At least from their free servers and their ludicrous requirements, but probably from the "company" as a whole seeing that they apparantly don't have a privacy policy and the terms of service is just 10 lines.

What are the prices for vps? And are they hard to set u0

Depends on how powerful you want it to be and what else you want to run on the server (MySQL, PHP, ...). The SA-MP server doesn't require a whole lot and the cheapest option will probably suffice for up to 100 players. Will be around $4/mo. I ran a LEMP-stack and a SA-MP server on a VPS with 256MB of RAM quite comfortably.

Installation of the OS is quite self-explanatory (use tab to navigate and spacebar to select/deselect list options) but make sure to use a 32-bit OS if your server has less than 4GB of RAM because that makes everything a lot easier. During installation you only really want to take care to disable the "desktop environment" option (because that eats resources and you don't want that) and to enable the SSH server option for remote access.

When the OS is set up add a new user (adduser command) that will run the server process (don't run stuff as root, that's a security risk). Then login as that user. Then download server package (wget http://files.sa-mp.com/samp03svr.....tar.gz). Then extract the archive (tar -zxf samp03svr.....tar.gz). Then go into the directory (cd samp03) and you can start the server with ./samp03svr.

If you want to connect with an FTP program use the SSH port (port 22) instead of the FTP port (port 21) to use SFTP so you don't have to install an FTP server. Connect with the username and password of the user that you just created.

"Best host".

Depends to you.

vultr.com
If you don't want a VPS, get a gameserver @ samp4you.com