Best SA-MP script? Best scripters?

I'd say Alec (original creator of Red County Roleplay)is up there, he taught me to script.
However, RealCop and Vince have provided me with the most help and have a simplistic manner of helping and making things simple and have an extremely wide knowledge of PAWN and in Vince's case; MySQL I learned how to convert from non threaded to threaded thanks to him. People do strange things when scripting and make it entirely more difficult and awkward than it needs to be.

uPleomax, CNR of code5

In my opinion ****** and Slice

These are such stupid questions and the answers people give are way too short.

The best scripter?
That's so vague.
  • I'm sure there are scripters that are not active on this forum (I for example registered in 2009, but only started posting frequently the last few months).
  • What does define 'best'?
    • Programming in a certain style?
    • Writing very clean code?
    • Using certain techniques?
    • Optimizing for memory usage?
    • Optimizing for performance?
    • Knowing how to write plugins?
    • Being active on the forums?
    • Writing advanced tutorials?
    • Helping lots of people in the Scripting Help forums?
    • Making lots of big releases?
    • Creating a plugin that thousands use?
    • ... do I need to continue?
The right question to ask would be:
Who do you think has contributed the most to this community?
And still, that question is vague as well.
You would have to give lots of arguments why you consider someone the 'best scripter'. Don't just say a name. Give some examples.

The best script?
Again, this is vague.
That's like asking: What do you consider to be the best game? And saying the name of a game without explaining why.
I'm sure there are people that just play one 1 server. Say for example an RP server.
Is it because one day they visited the server, saw something they liked and never sought another one? There might be a server with similar features, that has more players.
Does it mean the first server is worse than the second? Maybe, maybe not. Probably not for that player, because he enjoys playing on his regular server.
Does that mean there aren't more exciting scripts with lots of action? Yeah there definitely are. But that doesn't mean that player will like that play style.

So to end, the best script? I'm just going to say mine, even though it isn't even live.
The best scripter? I'm going to point at myself, since I think I have learned a lot in the past few years.
(The stupid answers are trying to prove my point.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMallard
View Post
niCe, the creator of Singleplayer Features.
Agree, until this day I still wonder how he managed to do it

There is no best scripter.
There will always be someone who can do something does not executable for another and vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaksken
View Post
These are such stupid questions and the answers people give are way too short.

The best scripter?
That's so vague.
  • I'm sure there are scripters that are not active on this forum (I for example registered in 2009, but only started posting frequently the last few months).
  • What does define 'best'?
    • Programming in a certain style?
    • Writing very clean code?
    • Using certain techniques?
    • Optimizing for memory usage?
    • Optimizing for performance?
    • Knowing how to write plugins?
    • Being active on the forums?
    • Writing advanced tutorials?
    • Helping lots of people in the Scripting Help forums?
    • Making lots of big releases?
    • Creating a plugin that thousands use?
    • ... do I need to continue?
The right question to ask would be:
Who do you think has contributed the most to this community?
And still, that question is vague as well.
You would have to give lots of arguments why you consider someone the 'best scripter'. Don't just say a name. Give some examples.

The best script?
Again, this is vague.
That's like asking: What do you consider to be the best game? And saying the name of a game without explaining why.
I'm sure there are people that just play one 1 server. Say for example an RP server.
Is it because one day they visited the server, saw something they liked and never sought another one? There might be a server with similar features, that has more players.
Does it mean the first server is worse than the second? Maybe, maybe not. Probably not for that player, because he enjoys playing on his regular server.
Does that mean there aren't more exciting scripts with lots of action? Yeah there definitely are. But that doesn't mean that player will like that play style.

So to end, the best script? I'm just going to say mine, even though it isn't even live.
The best scripter? I'm going to point at myself, since I think I have learned a lot in the past few years.
(The stupid answers are trying to prove my point.)
You've a perfect point there, buddy. I totally agree with you.

Shad0w, in my opinion he is the best.

There's this dude named DomagojSellug...

Jk, ******, Zeex are my fav ones. The fav script is LSRP, seems like a lot of work has been put into it.

I'd say ******, Southclaw, Mauzen, PeppeAC, Slice, Pottus, Crayder, Yashas, and some more I might have forgotten about
Each one of them dedicated much time to the community and contributed in his way

Well, best scripts I've seen so far is Continental RP by iKey, USRP and LSRP
Best coders are Zeex, Y LESS of course, Slice, Andy, Vince (primary key in SQL tutorials and basically the best scripting help supporter), IPLOMAX for his outstanding plugin, Icognito no doubt, Emitt, and a lot more who I do not know or remember ..
Let's not all forget Kalcor who actually created this modification we are scripting
Oh yeah, BlueG ofc...

I Really liked raven roleplay it very good and easy to edit house name and price and other things

Kalcor Ain't Scripter Too?
If he, so my fav scripters Are: Zeex,BlueG,Kalcor,******,And All SA-MP Scripters

True Roleplay + HBG RP

Best scripter is [KOD]Professor from BTTDM. Lol

kurta999, P3ti

He is not pro in sa-mp scripting but ultimately amazing in PAWN, Thiadmer

The script on MT-Gaming and the current/previous scripters they had were quite talented.

The best scripter huh ?
But it doesn't mean that he could create the best and the most popular project. In fact i could bet on that.

So if being best doesn't mean that you can make the best how are you the best ?
/music plays