Android vs iOS development

So I'm almost done with my Java, and wanting to move on to Android development. (It was the main reason I learned Java actually)

But right now I'm being moved more to iOS development simply because it's more secure, no one can download your app by just typing it's name on ******, crack it, mod it, or rather steal/copy it and claim it as theirs.

Even though the Android market is pretty huge, but also the iPhone/iOS devices in general are being bought a lot more.

Any ideas?
Maybe I should do both?

Developing for iOS requires a device that can run Mac OS so you can run the Xcode IDE on it, you also need to learn Objective-C or Swift to develop apps.
You should probably try Android first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugi
Посмотреть сообщение
Developing for iOS requires a device that can run Mac OS so you can run the Xcode IDE on it, you also need to learn Objective-C or Swift to develop apps.
I go with dugi.
Also you can set your app to "unreleased"-status and give your friends the ability to download it. With this status noone else can download your app.

Use Xamarin. You can use one language like C# to do apps on any platform.

https://www.xamarin.com/

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
There are programs which you can make apps without a Mac, but really if you want to go into iOS app development, I highly recommend going down this path if you want a really optimised app.

Not to mention the fee you have to pay to publish on the iOS store. For Android it's free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaksken
Посмотреть сообщение
Not to mention the fee you have to pay to publish on the iOS store. For Android it's free.
Had no clue such thing existed.
Thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Well guess I'll be delaying the Mac OS until college then, and to be quite honest, I started Android yesterday and pretty much addicted right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameryn
Посмотреть сообщение
Use Xamarin. You can use one language like C# to do apps on any platform.

https://www.xamarin.com/
It's idea seems pretty awesome, I'll check it in a few minutes actually.

Thanks everyone for the replies, appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangstaSunny.
Посмотреть сообщение
I think you have to pay 25$ to release your app on the ****** play store??
A one-time $25 fee, unlike apple's yearly.