Singleplayer AI's on server

Would you think it's a good idea to add singleplayer AI's on samp? Do you think there would be any issues with the game itself if they are synced by the server?

Personally i think it would be cool if we had singleplayer AI's in-game it would make smaller servers look more populated and you could interact with them..

Discuss.

I don't really like the idea of AI peds in SA-MP, but it would be cool if you add some actors in specific places that interacts with players. Though it depends on the gamemode you're trying to implement it in.

Im pretty sure each AI would need to be counted as a player and to have a fully populated world would cause tremendace lag what with all the syncing.

Im pretty this has been discussed before and was ruled out that it doesn't work.

I imagine it would be a horrible experience, the lag, the chaos the bugs.. all of it's just a waste of time IMO. It would be cool to have AI peds, I just dont feel that SA would be able to handle that, heck, I dont even think modern AI would be up to the job.

Creating the A.I. itself is not that difficult. The problem lies with the amount of npcs you'll need and the increasing combined system resources. In single player, when you go to say Las Venturas, the game will not create npcs in say Los Santos. It will only create npcs in your immediate vicinty, otherwise it would be very hard on the cpu, ... In multiplayer however, this approach is not possible (without clever tricks), since you have multiple players who can be at different places in the game. Say in single player the game creates 10 npcs around you wherever you go, it won't need more than those 10, which makes it easy to optimize the game around that. If you want to achieve the same experience in multiplayer, you need 10 npcs PER PLAYER (assuming they are in different places) which is increasingly hard on the server. More players, means more npcs. That said, it's definitely possible on a small scale though.

The reason this works in GTA V Online is that the whole thing is peer-to-peer. Each client generates a few peds and then propagates that information to the other users in the vicinity. Since there is no intermediate server that everything passes through, the combined power of all the individual PCs is available to do the calculations.

However, the lack of a server means a loss of authority. The other connected clients that receive the information hardly check the incoming information and treat everything as valid. This means one player can hack into the game and tell it to: "spawn moneybag at x, y, z with value 1 million" and the other clients will just go: "ok, understood, spawning moneybag at x, y, z with value 1 million". And then the actual legit code of the clients' games goes: "oh hey, a moneybag! Adding 1 million to the player's money now!". And that's how innocent players get banned.

As others have said, you can't really have the tyes of AI NPCS you can have in single player. The closest you could get is something like what most Mmos have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
The reason this works in GTA V Online is that the whole thing is peer-to-peer. Each client generates a few peds and then propagates that information to the other users in the vicinity. Since there is no intermediate server that everything passes through, the combined power of all the individual PCs is available to do the calculations.

However, the lack of a server means a loss of authority. The other connected clients that receive the information hardly check the incoming information and treat everything as valid. This means one player can hack into the game and tell it to: "spawn moneybag at x, y, z with value 1 million" and the other clients will just go: "ok, understood, spawning moneybag at x, y, z with value 1 million". And then the actual legit code of the clients' games goes: "oh hey, a moneybag! Adding 1 million to the player's money now!". And that's how innocent players get banned.
Really great explanation, makes sense.