Tips for mapping

Guys I have recently started mapping and I'm enjoying it alot and so to improve i need some tips for mapping i use mta

You could try using this one.
http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.ph...84#post1399384
MTA is just.....was erm.

Try it, it's very simple.

If you actually want to get anywhere with mapping, ditch the shitty map editors such as MTA or the one Inceptio provided. They are all slow, tiresome and offer very little features.

As a mapper myself, I advise going for in-game map editors, preferably ones that allow you to texture objects on the go. This will take some time get used to, but it really is the most powerful way of mapping at the moment.

As for tips on the mapping process itself, make sure there is no clipping or flashing in your map. If you have to overlap two walls, ceilings, or floors, move one of them slightly out/in of the other object, so that there is no flashing.

If you are placing several objects of the same kind (such as a bunch of chairs), make sure to give each of them a slightly unique rotation. Nobody places chairs in a line at an exact 90° angle. This goes for all sorts of objects, such as items on shelves.

Another thing to avoid is the boring default SA-MP wall textures, they're overused and are really shit. Find your own textures. I suggest this website for that: https://textures.xyin.ws/?page=textures

If you have any other questions, feel free to write me a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx]
Посмотреть сообщение
If you actually want to get anywhere with mapping, ditch the shitty map editors such as MTA or the one Inceptio provided. They are all slow, tiresome and offer very little features.

As a mapper myself, I advise going for in-game map editors, preferably ones that allow you to texture objects on the go. This will take some time get used to, but it really is the most powerful way of mapping at the moment.

As for tips on the mapping process itself, make sure there is no clipping or flashing in your map. If you have to overlap two walls, ceilings, or floors, move one of them slightly out/in of the other object, so that there is no flashing.

If you are placing several objects of the same kind (such as a bunch of chairs), make sure to give each of them a slightly unique rotation. Nobody places chairs in a line at an exact 90° angle. This goes for all sorts of objects, such as items on shelves.

Another thing to avoid is the boring default SA-MP wall textures, they're overused and are really shit. Find your own textures. I suggest this website for that: https://textures.xyin.ws/?page=textures

If you have any other questions, feel free to write me a PM.
Well it depends.

Out-of-game editors are ease to use, requires a little bit more time, but it's acctualy more efficient than in-game ones. It really vary from editor to editor.
I personally don't like in-game editors as you can't see the whole picture as you can with samp.editor for e.g.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inceptio
Посмотреть сообщение
Well it depends.

Out-of-game editors are ease to use, requires a little bit more time, but it's acctualy more efficient than in-game ones. It really vary from editor to editor.
I personally don't like in-game editors as you can't see the whole picture as you can with samp.editor for e.g.
Out-of-game editors are a pain to use, moving objects around is a chore and microadjustment is almost impossible as you have to go into the object coordinates and adjust those. Once you get used to a good in-game editor, it beats the rest in every way.

Also you can easily the see the ''whole picture'' if that particular in-game editor has flymode. Truth be told, you see even more since you get to see objects real-time in the game. In out-of-game map editors, more often than not you can't see the lighting, shadows or flashing which is a pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx]
Посмотреть сообщение
Out-of-game editors are a pain to use, moving objects around is a chore and microadjustment is almost impossible as you have to go into the object coordinates and adjust those. Once you get used to a good in-game editor, it beats the rest in every way.

Also you can easily the see the ''whole picture'' if that particular in-game editor has flymode. Truth be told, you see even more since you get to see objects real-time in the game. In out-of-game map editors, more often than not you can't see the lighting, shadows or flashing which is a pain.
I'll have to sign this.

Well for microadjustements its a bit hard, but it require an steady hand but it is possible and not hard when you "Get into it" same with in-game editor.

But yeah, everyone is different, so is your style how you do and why you do it that particular way.

Don't get me wrong mate,

Cheers!

Knowing good tools is an advantage but for the mapping process itself, it's good to take care of the small details. Don't leave map holes and clipping areas. Take care of the small details, regardless if we're talking about an interior or a full island.

Unless you are creating something like a stunt map, try to make things as realistic as you can. Take inspiration from your surroundings as you create your maps, it can help you visualize what you are creating. You can also look up pictures online.

The most important thing (For me atleast) is before you start creating something, make up in your head what exactly you want to create. While you are creating / decorating your project, be open minded and you will get very far at the end.

When you look on the work youve done you will be Woah!

I would say custom islands with houses. For roleplay.

You could even make islands between sea so using boats for war.