weapon icon help

I installed a weapon skin, but it has a blank weapon icon, like this:

I then installed a suitable weapon icon for the mod, which only works when I remove the mod:

I tried ****** and messing around in txd workshop, but didn't find a fix. Is there any way I could use the weapon icon with the same weapon mod I want to use?

Mods aren't supported, but be sure to rebuild the archive when you finish up installing it.

I think it's in TXD Workshop that it has it, but in short it's a failed install. Clean it out, and start over.

Try another mod installer.

When you are applying new textures to a mod, make sure to DFF check them with the .dff file in TXDWORKSHOP and also to compress them.

Also make sure that your picture size is correct.

123x64 won't work
128x64 will.

If any of the the numbers of your picture size are uneven, it won't work. I personally increment it times four. Also try to keep the height/width values the same unless you are dealing with a lot of empty space.

If you don't do the above, the texture will fail to load. In most cases, this results in the "Model x didn't load in time" error or it will just not show and make you lag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
Посмотреть сообщение
When you are applying new textures to a mod, make sure to DFF check them with the .dff file in TXDWORKSHOP and also to compress them.

Also make sure that your picture size is correct.

123x64 won't work
128x64 will.

If any of the the numbers of your picture size are uneven, it won't work. I personally increment it times four. Also try to keep the height/width values the same unless you are dealing with a lot of empty space.

If you don't do the above, the texture will fail to load. In most cases, this results in the "Model x didn't load in time" error or it will just not show and make you lag.
Not sure if i'm missing something here but.. I'm not trying to apply any textures. I'm trying to change the weapon icon, which I found from a different site than the desert eagle mod, because the said mod didn't have a weapon icon. (see 1st picture)
But okay, what do I do after DFF checking them? It just shows some details that I don't have a clue about. Did the compressing thing, nothing changed. Picture size - I've never had to change the size of any icon or anything whatsover and never had any problems. The icon with the current size works just fine without this or any other desert eagle mod. Only works with vanilla desert eagle (see 2nd picture)
My problem is that I want it to work with the mod aswell. I gave it a try anyway and changed the size, but it didn't fix anything.

Check the order in which you are adding it, as certain mods need to be added in certain orders or they fail. In all honesty though, Mods aren't supported here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
Check the order in which you are adding it, as certain mods need to be added in certain orders or they fail. In all honesty though, Mods aren't supported here.
Adding everything the same way i've done it the past couple of years. Tried different approaches over 10 times, even installed spark again to use it instead of modloader. Still nothing

You're missing something then if you've done it before and now it's not working.

Again though, Mods are unsupported.

If you are replacing a weapon icon, you are applying a new texture. And just because you never had to resize a picture doesn't mean that you shouldn't check this one.

The resolution should be even numbers, both height & width. You also should compress the texture by going into properties and making sure "compressed" is checked.

If you do DFF checker, it shows which textures are connected to the .dff file and which ones are missing. There should not be any red icons under the .dff file's table. It should all be green.

If it's red, see what the name is of the file and if you think it's the icon, rename your implemented icon to that by going into properties and renaming it.

This is basic modding, by the way, you should probably learn the essentials first instead of doing this kinda stuff and getting lost after every step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
Посмотреть сообщение
If you are replacing a weapon icon, you are applying a new texture. And just because you never had to resize a picture doesn't mean that you shouldn't check this one.

This is basic modding, by the way, you should probably learn the essentials first instead of doing this kinda stuff and getting lost after every step
1) I just pointed it out, usually downloading mods from sa-mp modding forums doesn't require you to change/resize anything. I tried your suggestion anyway, but it did not work.

2) I've modded many things in my gta, including what i'm trying to do now and never had problems. Just because I get stuck at one thing, doesn't mean I get lost after every step. I only asked for help, if you want to make unnecessary comments and act like a smartass, why help me in the first place? (not to mention your suggestions don't work)

Guys this isn't a SA-MP bug at all! You won't get those troubles with a clean copy...