How to convert your server IP to your domain?

Hello guys i want to change my server IP to my domain like i saw on other samp servers they make their IPs like
samp.example.comort

I also wanna do that i want to change my IP to my domain i got a domain dot.tk

Use DNS records on your server's IP. Wait atleast 10 minutes for them to be updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlirmorina
Посмотреть сообщение
Use DNS records on your server's IP. Wait atleast 10 minutes for them to be updated.
What??

You'd be better off using cloudflare.com then dot.tk DNS management. Learn a little bit about nameservers aswell as DNS then you'll be able to use cloudflare.com.

Side note: Cloudflare allows you to use a HTTP proxy for free.

Just create an DNS Record. Thats enough.

Contact your hoster if you dont know what that means. Thea will do it in like 3 minutes.

DNS records can take up to 24 hours to propagate around the world though, and considering he is using tk domain, that'll be a while...

Create a "A" DNS record that points to your server IP (without port obviously).

Actually, looking at the screenshot... That's what's wrong... You're trying to set your domain, to use YOUR DNS which you won't have.

You need to change the A record of the domain to point to you IP as above said.

You need to go through the .tk admin panel (Which should have somewhere to set this).

It doesn't matter who does it, as once it's done, as long as your IP doesn't change, it should be fine. If it was changing every so often then that would cause you trouble.