Add a marketplace?

What do you guys think? Would drive traffic toward the forum.. Maybe only marketplace just for in game currency I guess - so no scams occur

And what would be sold at this marketplace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai_Storm
View Post
Maybe only marketplace just for in game currency I guess - so no scams occur
I don't think this guy knows how things work around here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
View Post
I don't think this guy knows how things work around here...
Listen - a suggestion is simply a suggestion? No need to be rude..lmao thanks for your input though.

Well, you are talking about in-game currencies, but there are no in-game currencies here. Also, you haven't answered my question.

Wasn't trying to be rude. That's simply the reaction I had when I saw your suggestion. I tend to write exactly what I think when I react to something. Sorry for that.
Just explain a bit better on how this would work, considering every server with donations has its own system and packs put in place. That system can rely on both human input and automatic processes.

Even more so, how would this help the servers if they provide everything on their own websites? It would just be a detour for the users to take. You can already place the offers when you advertise the server (in the ad section).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
View Post
Whatever a regular forum has member's selling? I mean I'm on many active forums and I see people selling giftcards, exchanging bitcoins for paypal - simply exchanging forms of money.. all that typa shit

Saying in game currencies/in game cash could be advertised on this forum and simply merging this as the main hub and simply having a sub forum system - Just like reddit has. Would be more ideal to making THIS site the focus and drive all traffic here allowing SA-MP to expand as a whole

So you're actually suggesting a trading section.
I think it's a bad idea, simply because this forum was designed only for scripting.
The subject at hand here is code. It's not a forum meant to have anything for everyone.
You don't see a web design section or a photoshop section for the same reason.

If I'd want to sell or buy something I'd go to eBay because they handle everything and it's much harder to get scammed.

Edit: if you want to offer a service (scripting, photoshop, whatever), use an escrow service. This service takes an advance payment from the buyer and holds it "in escrow" until the seller delivers at which point the escrow is released and the seller is paid.

Even if this somehow gets implemented, I think the impact on the forum's traffic would be minimal.
There are websites and forums that are made for trading. No point in trying to shoot an extra rabbit.

Market of? And I already imagine people trying to sell edited scripts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astralis
View Post
Market of? And I already imagine people trying to sell edited scripts
what?? i sell heavy edited ngg script!!

I've seen it before, I would not take it as a surprise xD

Not going to happen, sorry.