[FilterScript] Realistic Manual Transmission System

Realistic Manual Transmission System

So, this is a manual transmission system which I created for my server and I thought I might as well share with others if anyone else wants a similar system.

I\'ve tried to make the system as realistic as possible, this means that mechanics you would find within a real-life manual vehicle will be replicated to a large extent.

CONTROLS:

[2] - CLUTCH

[Y] - INCREASE GEAR

[N] - DECREASE GEAR

[R] [N] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] - GEARS AVAILABLE

HOW TO USE:

1: Type /manual to enter manual mode.

2: Upon entering a vehicle, you should be in neutral mode.

3: Hold onto 2 + tap Y to go into first gear.

4: Hold onto 2 + W and the car will start moving.

5: After a second, release 2 and continue to use W.

6: To increase gear, release w, hold onto 2 + tap Y then release 2.

7: To decrease gear, release w, hold onto 2 + tap N then release 2.

MECHANICS:

1: If you accelerate in neutral, car will stall. (this wouldn\'t really happen, but it\'s just a way to prevent movment of the car)

2: If you do not hold clutch whilst under 3MPH, car will stall.

3: If you accelerate in a gear which is too high, car will stall.

4: Using the clutch and accelerator at the same time will decrease the car\'s health. (except when you are initally moving away in first gear)

5: If you don\'t change gears when necessary, car health will decrease.

6: Stalling decreases the car\'s health.

KNOWN BUGS:

1: Holding onto the clutch + accelerator whilst falling in mid-air within a vehicle will reduce the speed in which you fall. Although, the vehicle will lose significant health.

Hope anyone who needs such a system shall find use within this.

Screenshots:

Download:
https://pastebin.com/ZDgTjrW7

This is awesome! +1

Nice job

+3 stars

That\'s pretty good

DOPE*

+rep

This filterscript is bugged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMaestro123
View Post
This filterscript is bugged.
Can you please elaborate?

Can drive in neutral gear, Can drive in highest gear from 0 km/h without stalling the engine, Still great work. i might use it.

This filterscript sounds good, nice work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperschellekens
View Post
Can drive in neutral gear, Can drive in highest gear from 0 km/h without stalling the engine, Still great work. i might use it.
How are you able to do this?

Also, I did accidentally upload an older version of the filterscript within the first hour of creating the post but then quickly changed it, this older version had the bug which you are describing, perhaps you are using that version, if not, let me know how you are able to do this and I\'ll sort it out.

Nice job!

I haven\'t had a chance to try it but I love the idea and the controls sound realistic. Good on ya. Rep+

I have tested it. It stalls the engine the first time indeed.
If you start the engine again, you can drive in neutral. and the car won\'t stall in a too high gear.

But still nice script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperschellekens
View Post
I have tested it. It stalls the engine the first time indeed.

If you start the engine again, you can drive in neutral. and the car won\'t stall in a too high gear.

But still nice script.
I\'ve been trying to replicate this glitch you are having, but I\'m unable to, if you mean that the car moves slightly forward then stops, this is intentional to try replicate a stalling effect, also stalling in high gear will not occur if you holding onto the clutch or if you are not holding onto the accelerator (exception if the speed is below 3KMH and clutch is not engaged), this is also intentional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEOTorres
View Post
Can you please elaborate?
When compiling i get errors from include ysi only if this is included

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMaestro123
View Post
When compiling i get errors from include ysi only if this is included
The script itself doesn\'t require YSI, so I\'m not sure why you are including it?

Furthermore, you should be using this as a filterscript, it hasn\'t been created with the intention of acting as an include. (assuming that you are using this as an include in combination with YSI in your primary gamemode)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEOTorres
View Post
I\'ve been trying to replicate this glitch you are having, but I\'m unable to, if you mean that the car moves slightly forward then stops, this is intentional to try replicate a stalling effect, also stalling in high gear will not occur if you holding onto the clutch or if you are not holding onto the accelerator (exception if the speed is below 3KMH and clutch is not engaged), this is also intentional.
I found the issue seems to be with the stallstate var. IE it works fine if you use your fs for everything, but if you start the engine with a server command it will not reset the stallstate var and then you can drive like normal. It works normal when the engine is off and you start with clutch+W

Nice Work

Good.

I like realistic behaviors.

Manual gearbox is missing in singleplayer...

One suggestion:

Add also automatic transmission.

I mean: Drive, Neutral, Park and Rew.

Will the car slide or move when the player leaves the car without hadbrakes and in a gear and vise versa?